1. Turn off notifications

Any way to turn off the notifications to donate to the server? Unless there's a way to turn off PvP so spawn camping Alliance members can't follow me all over the map just to ruin the game for me there's absolutely no reason to invest real money into a game I just keep logging off from. I get the whole PvP aspect, but when one player follows my every move for an hour straight, the game isn't fun and I don't even know if I want to log back on at all the rest of the week now.

2. Yes, right click on the chat window, where notifications appears. there you can add a new chat panel, and change the filters. things like guild chat, or system messages.

3. The notifications asking you to donate are part of "System Messages", but if you disable that you will be missing many more things.

The correct answer is to write an addon that hides those messages.

4. You could also make friends, get good at PVP, or learn how to escape from the player.
    I've been playing since Molten and never once had a single instance of being camped to the point I couldn't easily escape.