1. Gnomeregan Do I need a key?

I just queued for Gnomeregan and after waiting a long time for a party, the first thing someone asked was "who started this dungeon?" Thinking it was me, I said it was me, and then I was berated bc I didn't have some key, which apparently made us "stuck in a bugged dungeon"...

This is my first time playing WoW ever so I have absolutely no clue what he was talking about, but I've seen no indication in my quests that I need a key to run the dungeon... And what did he mean by bugged? Is the Gnomeregan dungeon bugged on the server? Or only if you don't have this magical key? What's going on here?

I just need to run the dungeon to clear 5-6 quests from my list...

2. No, it's not bugged, at least as far as I know.

The key they are talking about is most likely the Workshop Key, which lets you skip a significant portion of the dungeon...assuming you enter it manually from the outside and don't enter it via RDF.

So yeah, they seem like *****s.

3. No, it's not bugged, at least as far as I know.

The key they are talking about is most likely the Workshop Key, which lets you skip a significant portion of the dungeon...assuming you enter it manually from the outside and don't enter it via RDF.

So yeah, they seem like *****s.
    Ok that makes something else they said make more sense... They asked who started the dungeon and, thinking it was me since I starting the Dungeon Finder specifying only Gnomeregan, I said it was me. So we must have started at that skipped point (I didn't know since I've never done it), and when I told them I did NOT have the key, they thought something bugged.

Thanks for the clarification :)

4. Why RDF starting location for this dungeon changed ? Now parties cannot enter it without a key using RDF tool