1. Squish's notices were made 3-4 weeks in advance, everyone was warned, it's no one's fault that you don't look at the forum once every 3 weeks to be informed.

Regarding the loss of gold, you must think that it will take a couple of days for the auction prices to drop, as well as that during the last few months everyone has been taking advantage when prices rise.

2. The purpose is to supposedly make the market healthier but it is the opposite, the market is absolutely horrible and players just hoard items instead of trading.
    The market is healthier. Prices for almost every item on the AH have been halved, or more. That's the point of this squish. To combat inflation, and it works.

3. Squish's notices were made 3-4 weeks in advance, everyone was warned, it's no one's fault that you don't look at the forum once every 3 weeks to be informed.

Regarding the loss of gold, you must think that it will take a couple of days for the auction prices to drop, as well as that during the last few months everyone has been taking advantage when prices rise.
    Strongly dissagree, everybody was warned, what a joke why do you think people type here complains. Clearly people were not warned, putting it on some forum who noone reads is not gonna do anything, none information in game was made. For new players like me its just end cause I lost my precious time on farming so someone can steal it from me. You can just delete my account and probably 20 % more right after what sense is in it Im done here. Thanks

4. Strongly dissagree, everybody was warned, what a joke why do you think people type here complains. Clearly people were not warned, putting it on some forum who noone reads is not gonna do anything, none information in game was made. For new players like me its just end cause I lost my precious time on farming so someone can steal it from me. You can just delete my account and probably 20 % more right after what sense is in it Im done here. Thanks
    It was also on the main page of the website with all the other news.

5. As a gold hoarded i can tell you gold squish doesnt work.
    It have 0 effect on economy and my game wealth.

I can tell you what i do and what others definitely also do:

1) About november i start to buy all materials need for crafting for hoarded gold. Even for overpriced cost. (its better to lose 20% than 50%) - The price in AH going up ( so no, its not because there is too much gold in economy, its just because i know there will be gold squish so i trying to save my gold, thats why price is going too high on november)
    2) February - Gold squish
    3) Selling all crafted things from materials i bought since november. People who can afford my expensive staff will buy it anyway. I'll sell it for 100% price and i wont lose nothing.
    4) Repeat

Gold squish only hits people who dont know about gold squish.
    Everybody else is doing exactly what im doing.

6. As a gold hoarded i can tell you gold squish doesnt work.
    It have 0 effect on economy and my game wealth.

I can tell you what i do and what others definitely also do:

1) About november i start to buy all materials need for crafting for hoarded gold. Even for overpriced cost. (its better to lose 20% than 50%) - The price in AH going up ( so no, its not because there is too much gold in economy, its just because i know there will be gold squish so i trying to save my gold, thats why price is going too high on november)
    2) February - Gold squish
    3) Selling all crafted things from materials i bought since november. People who can afford my expensive staff will buy it anyway. I'll sell it for 100% price and i wont lose nothing.
    4) Repeat

Gold squish only hits people who dont know about gold squish.
    Everybody else is doing exactly what im doing.
    Well, I guess this is it. We should stop doing it. All the data we have access to is worthless when compared to this anecdotal evidence.

7. Well, I guess this is it. We should stop doing it. All the data we have access to is worthless when compared to this anecdotal evidence.
    There is no need to be arrogant or sarcastic. I just published facts.

8. It isn't a matter of need, it's of comedic timing.

9. if you buy mats in november you are buying with inflated price. if you sell after the squish you are not very smart. people don't have gold then. price will only decrease because every one is selling by then. thus price will drop. do the opposite duh. buy when low, sell when high :D

10. if you buy mats in november you are buying with inflated price. if you sell after the squish you are not very smart. people don't have gold then. price will only decrease because every one is selling by then. thus price will drop. do the opposite duh. buy when low, sell when high :D
    Nope :) Cost is overpriced in january and february, not in november and not even in december :) Thats what iam talking about :)
    Yes, price will drop, because people will stop trying to buy everything, not because of gold squish...

11. Yes, price will drop, because people will stop trying to buy everything, not because of gold squish...
    Before we started doing gold cuts, the prices would always be ridiculously high. To the point players weren't able to buy anything with the gold they earned organically by playing the game. Then they were pointed into gathering and crafting to make up for it, as the only way to make any amount of gold capable of buying anything, effectively pushing them "into the system" doing something many weren't interested in, to feed cheap or undercut stuff into the machine so it got bought by the same fat cats who resold it at a higher price.

The funny thing, though, is that an account from 2016 should have been here and fully know that. A player from back then would have lived it, so it's odd for me... why would someone act otherwise? Perhaps it's just a memory issue, sure, it's been a few years and that reality was forgotten. Or maybe it's convenient to "forget" something that would disprove a narrative being presented as "global facts."

What makes the prices drop is people not buying because they lost gold and are more conscious about their spending or simply can't afford the old prices. Old prices that people against the cut will repeatedly say only happen because of the cut, when the reality we have lived for years was that the prices would raise, raise and then raise more, never going down to the levels achieved for a period of time after a cut happens.

12. Why doesn't Warmane cut the ridiculously high gold quest rewards throughout Northrend to help the economy stay low after the squish?

13. I've been here since before the first squish ever happened and I can tell you with confidence, that it works. You can simply tell by the prices of the items. Long before the first squish, the MINIMUM price for something like a choker was around 70K. Whatever Warmane did, it worked and probably should continue doing so.

14. I've been here since before the first squish ever happened and I can tell you with confidence, that it works. You can simply tell by the prices of the items. Long before the first squish, the MINIMUM price for something like a choker was around 70K. Whatever Warmane did, it worked and probably should continue doing so.
    Well, the rates used to be x20.

I used to have a personal bank in low single digit millions. I didn't farm much, didn't have dozens of alchemy characters, only used one or two alt accounts to get BoE point items. Those alt accounts were forgotten rather soon tbh.

Getting 70K for choker back then was probably easier than getting choker now for 10k or something like that.

15. I lost seven alt characters I had who were REMOVED instead of just being required to be renamed. They weren't exactly level 1 alts over here. Setting the exemption to 50 and below likely hit many who had twinks and other low level alts they casually played.
    I was on haitus due to personal and medical reasons. I don't feel that I should be punished for it.
    I'd like to request that my characters be restored with the equipped/inventory/bank items they had intact. Removing them outright is completely unnecessary. Especially the short notice for those who aren't always thinking about Warmane.
    I'm ok with renaming them if need be. I'll come up with new names; however deleting them wasn't required.

First ... 7891011 Last