1. The gold squish is a tool to reduce the numbers in the game, and by hoarding items in the game you are only countering the new inflation that will come with time after the squish, much like the SMP500 in the US market. You don't make money of it, you just counter inflation.

If you had 100k and are left with 50k you can buy the same amount of items with your gold as before squish.
    If you don't buy any items after squish and keep the gold in your inventory for 1 year you will have lost 50% due to inflation and not due to squish.
    If you buy 50 stacks of adder tongues with your 50k after the squish and hold them for 1 year you will have lost nothing as your adders will rise in value according to inflation.
    The price of all items in the game rises according to inflation.

If there were different markets then you could do something here, but because it is within the same market, you can't profit much with it.
    Now, there will always be situations where people will miss value items and sell at lower prices. This has nothing to do with inflation or the squish.

2. The gold squish is a tool to reduce the numbers in the game, and by hoarding items in the game you are only countering the new inflation that will come with time after the squish, much like the SMP500 in the US market. You don't make money of it, you just counter inflation.

If you had 100k and are left with 50k you can buy the same amount of items with your gold as before squish.
    If you don't buy any items after squish and keep the gold in your inventory for 1 year you will have lost 50% due to inflation and not due to squish.
    If you buy 50 stacks of adder tongues with your 50k after the squish and hold them for 1 year you will have lost nothing as your adders will rise in value according to inflation.
    The price of all items in the game rises according to inflation.

If there were different markets then you could do something here, but because it is within the same market, you can't profit much with it.
    Now, there will always be situations where people will miss value items and sell at lower prices. This has nothing to do with inflation or the squish.
    Inflation is not just a linear thing, usually higher level players dont bother with the lower level mats that newer and poorer players are trading in. Inflation will usually cap out and self regulate, everyone just earns more and it encourages using the AH or trading.

I have been playing WoW since launch and by no means does this make the market healthy, the AH is madness and people just hoard items and deal in PS or other alternative items of value. It also drives some people away from wanting to trade coins for gold, using the AH, or even playing here.

3. Imagine, 2024 and people still thinks that someoen is "robbing" half of their gold with the squish...

4. That may be so but if you are a long term player that doesn't play enough to continually earn gold the gold you have over time will be completely be drained by the gold squish year after year. The only solid safe way if you are the type of player I just described is to hoard high price items in your bank and only sell items when you want to buy something.

5. Oh you must be the Joe Bidden of Warmane.

6. You guys are arguing about the in-game economy, but Warmane never specified which economy they meant to help with the squish. ;)

7. WHY THE **** amnesty like srsly ive been around since february of 2011 and i havent been banned not a single time and im edgy af. Im edgelord in game. Dont unban bots and **** pls.

8. Other then that ty for making this game better then retail/classic ever was. If you need another staff member gm and ****. /w me

9. I'm all for a better economy.. I farm gold all the time, so I can buy things at the auction house (black market one).. Problem is, not many items available, please have a fastest rotation of items to be auctionned ! (Pandaria)

Thanks

10. Couldn't you write this in the game world? I was blown away today when I started the game. I thought I was schizophrenic when I saw that about 50% of my gold was missing. Why don't you warn about such important things in the game?

11. Couldn't you write this in the game world? I was blown away today when I started the game. I thought I was schizophrenic when I saw that about 50% of my gold was missing. Why don't you warn about such important things in the game?
    If your character and your economy is so important to you, then you should spend some time on the forum of the server you're on.

12. The money squish wasn't a good idea imho. The prices at the trainers, etc. remained the same (f.e. 5k gold for highest rank in flying), what gonna make people looking for profit again and the prices will increase again. Also -and connected to the previous thing- in the AH the prices didn't decrease as much as our money, or didn't decrease at all for uncommon or more rare.
    This means that those who had less money will suffer from this more, then those, who piled up both money and valuables and won't feel nothing from this, meanwhile they will continue to push up the prices.
    I don't have full idea how could do better next time, but f.e. with the same prices at the trainers people surely will push up the prices faster.

13. The money squish wasn't a good idea imho. The prices at the trainers, etc. remained the same (f.e. 5k gold for highest rank in flying), what gonna make people looking for profit again and the prices will increase again. Also -and connected to the previous thing- in the AH the prices didn't decrease as much as our money, or didn't decrease at all for uncommon or more rare.
    This means that those who had less money will suffer from this more, then those, who piled up both money and valuables and won't feel nothing from this, meanwhile they will continue to push up the prices.
    I don't have full idea how could do better next time, but f.e. with the same prices at the trainers people surely will push up the prices faster.
    Educate yourself by reading previous posts. This was not about trainers.

First ... 45678 ... Last