1. My characters got wiped?

Hi im a returning players, left the game for 5 years.
    On my return , I lost my main character, my paladin and mage
    They are both level 80 and i have spent around 100 dollars.

can they be restored?

2. If they were level 80 they wouldn't have been removed due to inactivity, just lose their names and need to be renamed.
    Assuming you logged in to the correct account and no characters are there, someone must have accessed the account and sold or deleted them.

3. i had two factor authentication on, had no suspicious access to my account.

Is there really no further workup/investigation ?

4. Happened to me aswell, i had one lvl 80 paladin in frostmourne back in september 2021, didnt login since then, and now my char is gone. I know they prolly moved into icecrown but no clue even there, nothing in barracks and i have 2 key factor.
    I tried with the ticket system but the only thing it says is for ban appeal, even if i didnt get ban once.

5. Happened to me aswell, i had one lvl 80 paladin in frostmourne back in september 2021, didnt login since then, and now my char is gone. I know they prolly moved into icecrown but no clue even there, nothing in barracks and i have 2 key factor.
    I tried with the ticket system but the only thing it says is for ban appeal, even if i didnt get ban once.
    You would've need to manually start the transfer. If you didn't start the transfer yourself, it's gone.