1. {Icecrown] Bank character gone with ~3.5k gold and my engineering mats

So, maybe the joke's on me as I read that characters could be deleted due to inactivity, but I thought it was account inactivity, not character inactivity.

Long story short, I took a long break from the game, but every now and then I'd log in my main to make sure everything was still fine, paying no mind to the list of characters still there in full.

Now I got the itch again, and my bank character is gone, along with the gold and mats he was stashing for when I had the whole mats to lvl up engineering and other stuff. Is this deletion process final and done? ~3.5K gold and engineering mats up to Lv300 engineering don't get farmed back over night and this leaves me a foul taste in my mouth, but if this is just how things are, I guess I'll just have to live with it while flying my alt on his slow *** mount now...

2. Yes, the removal of characters that meet the inactivity parameters is final and done, and yes, the inactivity is per character, not account.

3. Noted. Thanks for the swift clarification. =)

4. ~3.5K gold and engineering mats up to Lv300 engineering don't get farmed back over night
    In Icecrown at least they do.