1. SoloQ same class in team

Hi everyone,

is there a reason why it's impossible to get another player of the same class in your team when solo queing? Wouldn't it improve queue times and enable more variety/fun to soloq? As it stands there are already classes benefitting too much from the way things are. Arms warriors never get another arms warrior in their team which is great for them. Same with things like preg paladins who'd be much worse if they could end up with a hpal in their team.

2. How am i trolling? I'm waiting for arguments against same class teams

3. You would have to explain why that is a problem. Are u suggesting that this would make soloq more imbalanced? And if so - how exactly? Team compositions right now often share CC DRs. Often times u d want to have 2 people cc'ed anyway to kill the third guy.

4. It should be pretty self explanatory. If you add another person who shares CC DRs, you would potentially end up with an entire team sharing the same CC DRs.

Imagine playing double mage and priest. It would be a nightmare. Not only do fear/poly share the same DR, but getting off a shatter combo would be almost impossible. Every freeze would break before you could get off a singel frostbolt.

It would make soloq more imbalanced, because it would favor classes which don't rely on CC even more than they already are. Imagine double war+pal.

5. yeah i imagine double mage being very good against double warr pal, no? How are the warriors ever gonna reach the mages? They can steal sacred shield and freedom and have a double CS only used for the paladin. Also when u try to explain the "more imbalanced" issue, you are nitpicking one specific case. I could do the same thing and say pregs are going to be less good, therefor leading to a more balanced meta. Or Prot warriors are going to be matched with arms warriors which makes them great. Ultimately you and i both really can't say exactly wether the meta shifts to a more balanced or imbalanced state because there is so much nuance. Fact of the matter is that my case (Same classes in same team) provides better queue times and potentially more variety/fun to the game, whereas not allowing that only leaves you with the potentially (but not yet provable) "more imbalanced meta" argument.
    Checkmate

6. Take a look at the 3s bracket and tell me how many teams you find with 2 of the same class. Checkmate.

7. Lol you just said "Imagine double war+pal." and now you are trying to make a case for different class teams? so what is it now? is double warr hpal good or bad? Checkmate

8. I already made a case for different class teams, mages. I used double mage and double war as examples. Double warriors have better synergy than double mages, but neither are very good, which is why there's not a single team in the top 50 running it. There's no double classes teams in the top50 period. What does that tell you? I can't remember there every being one in the top50 as long as I've played here.

9. Look, no one is argueing, that double class combs are better than specific(!) mixed combs. But there are alot of mixed combs that are just as **** as double class combs. Why exactly are you even using 3s bracket as an argument here? so what if thundercleave and lsp are really good? All i'm getting out of the 3s bracket is that lsp and thundercleave are much better than every other comb INCLUDING double class and different class combs. So all you are essentially saying is that LSP and thundercleave are really good. you are not demonstrating that having double class combs is worse than mixed class combs. Do you even know how many possible mixed class combs there are? Do you think all of them are good/top50? or rather only a handful of them?

10. I agree. It should not be necessary to make classes distinct in a soloq game.
    Warmane already allows 20+ balance druids out of 40 total players in one faction to join wintergrasp which becomes just starfall event.
    They should apply the same rules for arena too.
    Edited: March 8, 2024

11. Look, no one is argueing, that double class combs are better than specific(!) mixed combs. But there are alot of mixed combs that are just as **** as double class combs. Why exactly are you even using 3s bracket as an argument here? so what if thundercleave and lsp are really good? All i'm getting out of the 3s bracket is that lsp and thundercleave are much better than every other comb INCLUDING double class and different class combs. So all you are essentially saying is that LSP and thundercleave are really good. you are not demonstrating that having double class combs is worse than mixed class combs. Do you even know how many possible mixed class combs there are? Do you think all of them are good/top50? or rather only a handful of them?
    Double Race/class combinations don't matter until you're competing against the best PvP'ers on the server.
    Everything below is just you lost because you're bad.