1. High GPU Temperature goes up to 80 degrees

Hi,

I've been playing for many years and I needed to stop playing 3 years ago because my son was born and I needed to spend my vacant time taking care of him. Since he's almost 4 years old now, I can play WOW again. The problem is, whenever I login, my temperature as high as 71 degrees to 80 degrees. When I played before, the maximum temp is only 65 degrees and does not go higher than 68.

Can anyone give me a suggestion about the settings that I can follow to have low temperature but being able to see skill effects properly such as LDW AOE and etc? Note that whenever i play wow, i only have 2 applications open, WOW and chrome. I checked task manager and only wow is taking too much from the hardware. No problems with FPS, just with the GPU Temperature.

I am using an old RX480 (8GB) still running fine. Motherboard is H110-D3A on a Windows 10 Pro.

2. It's possible that the thermal paste of the GPU dried and you will have to disassemble the GPU to apply new thermal paste to it.

3. It's possible that the thermal paste of the GPU dried and you will have to disassemble the GPU to apply new thermal paste to it.
    Important keyword(s): new. Don't just use whatever thermal paste you have lying around for few years.

While at it, cleaning up the dust from the PC can help. Especially any intake fans and their filters, and the GPU's fans as well.
    If you have any fan control software (e.g. MSI Afterburner) check fan curves and profiles there as well.

4. Hi,

I've been playing for many years and I needed to stop playing 3 years ago because my son was born and I needed to spend my vacant time taking care of him. Since he's almost 4 years old now, I can play WOW again. The problem is, whenever I login, my temperature as high as 71 degrees to 80 degrees. When I played before, the maximum temp is only 65 degrees and does not go higher than 68.

Can anyone give me a suggestion about the settings that I can follow to have low temperature but being able to see skill effects properly such as LDW AOE and etc? Note that whenever i play wow, i only have 2 applications open, WOW and chrome. I checked task manager and only wow is taking too much from the hardware. No problems with FPS, just with the GPU Temperature.

I am using an old RX480 (8GB) still running fine. Motherboard is H110-D3A on a Windows 10 Pro.
    hey
    consider improving airflow to reduce GPU temperature while maintaining performance in world of warcraft.

5. Using Windowed Mode is bad and puts pressure on CPU/GPU so go to video setting and untick it.
    also Laptops generally have this problem. better use PC. You don't have temperature problem at all using a PC. You can upgrade your CPU to a very high speed and gain good FPS.

6. You should have AMD Adrenaline installed, open it, go to performance

n Performance locate Tuning.

In Tuning locate the GPU section and click Custom.

This should reveal the Fan Tuning section.

Enable Fan Tuning, and disable Zero RPM. Even just crank it to max.. but turn off zero RPM for sure.

Also, clean the fan and fins and the fans blowing into the case. But disabling zero RPM is going to help a lot.

7. There's a chance the GPU's thermal paste dried out, in which case you'll need to disassemble it and replace it with fresh thermal paste.