1. The opening of AQ gates:

Hi GM team,

would it be possible to get any further explanation how this is gonna look like on Onyxia? I doubt its gonna be exactly the same like back in the days? Or?

Thanks in advance.

2. Also due to low population here, getting lower each day, could we have the War Efforts reduced by appropriate amount? Some pertcentage, for example by 30-50% or something. Honestly even then it will be pain. On WoW classic, where biggest servers had much higher (active) population and top world guilds were coordinated, it took weeks to open the gates. On the lower populated servers it took even 2 months and I can guarantee nobody wants the event to take 2 months here. If that happens, even more people will quit.

3. considering the faction imbalance, it would be nice to accelerate war effort progress by halving the required materials.

4. I doubt anything would be "accelerated" - and will be openly vocal against it if it gets brought up among Staff.
    That whole thing is a community event. It doesn't block any crucial progress if the effort fails, players just miss out on some stuff. If players can't come together to see it done as it's meant to be, the rewards are forfeited, that's all. No one is entitled to any completion reward by default. The whole "low population" thing also isn't going to stick. People seem to forget that back in the day, when the content was new and players completed it, you didn't have 10 or 12 thousands players online.

5. It doesn't block any crucial progress if the effort fails, players just miss out on some stuff.
    "some stuff" is two raids, an entire patch. It's pretty substantial if you ask me. If players fail to complete the event and the doors do not open it will be unfortunate to say the least.

6. "some stuff" is two raids, an entire patch. It's pretty substantial if you ask me. If players fail to complete the event and the doors do not open it will be unfortunate to say the least.
    Better put in the effort then.

7. Better put in the effort then.
    Just to get this right - the event starts March 30th, but the opening on April 27th is subject to the realm working together and finishing the War Effort event?

8. Dates wouldn't be with me.
    All I'm saying is: why should the event get any artificial "help" when people managed to complete it back when servers were smaller and people hadn't min-maxed the **** out of the whole game? If the event fails it's because players didn't care to make it succeed, not because it's too hard or impossible or there are too few people. There's no reason for the consequences of success to happen if people choose to fail.

9. why should the event get any artificial "help" when people managed to complete it back when servers were smaller and people hadn't min-maxed the **** out of the whole game?
    Frostmourne's AQ War Effort and Isle of Quel'danas progressions seemed to indicate that Warmane players just don't engage much with these sort of server-wide collaborations in the way that retail/classic players might do - maybe it's just a core difference in the mentality of the playerbase, who knows.

Both of those raids had to be unlocked by the devs due to lack of progression on the efforts, I believe. Of course the players should complete the events, but if Warmane has reliable information to indicate that they are not likely to do so, then perhaps the events should get a little push along.

10. On original servers there was a catch-up mechanic for low population / low contribution servers. This was meant to be implemented on Classic as well. Does staff have any intention to implement this blizz-like contingency?

"The initial War Effort requires a great deal of supplies to be turned in by your faction on your realm. If this is not complete 30 days after the content is unlocked, small amounts of supplies will begin turning in automatically, as they did in the version 1.12 of original WoW. The gates still require somebody to “Bang a Gong!”, but this will help ensure that all realms have the chance to unlock Ahn’Qiraj before Naxxramas is released."
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...tations/592122

11. pretty sure nobody is gonna bother doing the war effort, especially the alliance side wont

12. The most notable thing in the AQ event is obtaining the legendary mount of course by completing the mission chain (which many people are going to farm and I doubt they will complete it in 2 months) since at current level 60 it must be hard. Why would you ask for a quick opening of the doors if that is the good thing about classic, a progression as a community.

13. I agree with the mod nothing should be changed, the server has more players than what servers had back in the day, cap back then was 2k on one realm, no cross realm or anything. AQ might even bring more people back also keep in mind. Still the server has 6k+ peak times, i don't see it being an issue with population more motivation, and if people ain't motivated to complete the war effort why should they be drip fed everything.

14. nothing should be changed even if it delays AQ by 3 months, event should be until it gets completed. stop giving away free candy, have ppl work for it.

15. Push comes to shove, I suspect Warmane will unlock AQ if enough time passes without completion (3 months? 4 months? what do you think ?)

Can't imagine the backlash if they just skipped it and went to Naxx.

123 ... Last