1. 4 Weeks Ago  

2. 4 Weeks Ago  
    We will jump in and assist if the war effort is nearly done of course, at the moment 5.64% resources have been gathered. Just gave you info since it has been requested, you can prepare for scarab lord and as long as the war effort isn't flat out ignored it should progress normally. Its in our interest too to have the entire event play out

3. 4 Weeks Ago  
    Well, this is a time saver and grind release :)

4. 4 Weeks Ago  
    Thanks for the honest answer.

Currently the majority seems to be lost in the open about your ruleset. No offense, but no one knows what your boundaries are. And this forum with 6k total views doesn't seem like it will reach all of the playerbase aswell.

Is there any way, you can step up on the ordinary ways you communicate for all the other behalfs - and just spread this intel with the playerbase? I spent months gathering materials for the war efforts and maxed out space on as many chars as possible - cause I was expecting something like this would happen.

At least do us the favor and clear up comms with the community, so this reaches the people of who you expect to actually play the event. Would be lovely.

Thanks in advance and have a nice day.

5. 4 Weeks Ago  
    Does this mean no matter what, 27th april the AQ Gates wille open and the raids will be availble?
    Important to know to reserve dates for the realms first guilds :)

6. 4 Weeks Ago  
    We will jump in and assist if the war effort is nearly done of course, at the moment 5.64% resources have been gathered. Just gave you info since it has been requested, you can prepare for scarab lord and as long as the war effort isn't flat out ignored it should progress normally. Its in our interest too to have the entire event play out
    I'd implore you to please make decisions and create an official front page news post to clarify what needs to be done to achieve what. Part of the reason nobody wants to contribute to the effort is that we don't know anything. Please be clear and non-arbitrary. The server would appreciate it. For now it seems there's no point doing any of the event, which is a huge shame in a period without much to do in the open world!

7. 4 Weeks Ago  
    i didnt check if the war effort resource numbers are blizzlike, but you guys have to realize that with the very short timeline of vanilla progression nobody wants to bother doing war effort and it very likely wont be completed imo

8. 3 Weeks Ago  
    looking at the current situation, I think you are panicking too much, gathering resources is going quite well, all resources are available on AH at a very low price, btw for a little money you get a lot of reputation and most of the green items from creates can be auctioned for about 1 gold

9. 3 Weeks Ago  
    I'd implore you to please make decisions and create an official front page news post to clarify what needs to be done to achieve what. Part of the reason nobody wants to contribute to the effort is that we don't know anything. Please be clear and non-arbitrary. The server would appreciate it. For now it seems there's no point doing any of the event, which is a huge shame in a period without much to do in the open world!
    Giving precise numbers will just mean players will do the least amount of effort to reach the bare minimum of "we will jump in and assist if it's nearly done," and I wouldn't count on that being within the Staff's intention. Instead play it as you mean to complete it.

10. 3 Weeks Ago  
    Ez, don't unlock BWL shop until war effort is complete

11. 3 Weeks Ago  
    Ez, don't unlock BWL shop until war effort is complete
    That is actually a great idea

12. 3 Weeks Ago  
    Giving precise numbers will just mean players will do the least amount of effort to reach the bare minimum of "we will jump in and assist if it's nearly done," and I wouldn't count on that being within the Staff's intention. Instead play it as you mean to complete it.
    That's fair reasoning, but I don't think it's necessarily wrong for people to be able to see the goalposts before they shoot.

The last thing I'd like clarified if possible is if there's to be a Blizzlike delay between the supplies being handed in and the gong being available to be rung and the start of the 10-hour war. My understanding is this was originally 7 days for the "NPCs to migrate". Based on the fact that time is going to be tight already, I think that part of the event should be expedited.

13. 3 Weeks Ago  
    That's fair reasoning, but I don't think it's necessarily wrong for people to be able to see the goalposts before they shoot.
    I understand what you mean, and I don't disagree in essence, but also am positive you know what I said isn't wrong. This isn't about a final goal, which then would be fine to have a set value to reach, but about how much players can not work towards that goal and get "helped" in the end. If we give any parameters for it, that will become the final goal, and you know it.

14. 3 Weeks Ago  
    I understand what you mean, and I don't disagree in essence, but also am positive you know what I said isn't wrong. This isn't about a final goal, which then would be fine to have a set value to reach, but about how much players can not work towards that goal and get "helped" in the end. If we give any parameters for it, that will become the final goal, and you know it.
    If we're talking player psychology, I for one dislike arbitrariness in objectives. So the promise of help is actually a disincentive, because now we don't know how much we need to do. That may be true for others. So while showing us the goalposts mean we'll do the bare minimum amount for that - I'm sure that would happen as you say - a clear objective can be an incentive too. You'd probably be right in saying this way is better overall, on reflection. But there is an argument the other way too.

The ambiguity here is probably healthy, and thanks to Nobuemon's posts I'm more confident the plan is generally alright. Ultimately it boils down to whether we actually earn the rewards as a server. I'd just rather the "earned/not earned" distinction was completely clear before I allocate my time and effort to helping the war effort. No dog in this race anyway, honestly, my guild's almost certainly gonna have no scarab lords. But I want to see cool stuff happen on the server and hope more people can be brought around to feeling the same way.

15. 3 Weeks Ago  
    If we're talking player psychology, I for one dislike arbitrariness in objectives. So the promise of help is actually a disincentive, because now we don't know how much we need to do. That may be true for others. So while showing us the goalposts mean we'll do the bare minimum amount for that - I'm sure that would happen as you say - a clear objective can be an incentive too. You'd probably be right in saying this way is better overall, on reflection. But there is an argument the other way too.
    Ignore the part about getting any help and do it like you have to complete the whole thing, as I've said in the other post. What you called promise of help is more so players don't give up without trying due to some easily spread idea that it's "impossible" to do it, than an assurance help will be substantial. Note the words Nobuemon used: nearly done. Maybe that means 99% done, perhaps 95%. Would 90% cut it, though? Could 85% really be enough? Look at it as an "okay, you guys really worked hard and were that close, we're not going to **** you over for that little" instead of "people barely done anything, but let's reward them anyways."

First 12345 ... Last