1. Cross faction RFD

Is that crazy?

I've seen everyone complain about the queue.
    I'm only playing horde, but dual faction player tells me it's the same on alliance.
    Why not double the RFD pool and make it more enjoyable to pug?

From my experience playing druid, i pretty much leave all 3 roles checked and am leveling 100% from dungeons past lvl 15:
    I've had about a dozen dps invites and can't make wheather i got more tank or healing invites, honestly gut feeling tell me it's close to equal.
    Even going for these two more in demand roles, i can tell you i've had queues close to half an hour, didn't make much of the time of day, the past days i've been playing around the clock.

You can keep the faction fantasy for the endgame, but in terms of leveling or farming pre-raid bis, i can't be the only one wanting a faster queue, since the RFD presence alone must've scared the "no changes" purists, i bet those who are here, wouldn't oppose to faster queue times one bit.

2. I think they already said it's not gonna happen. Reason, trust me bro.

3. The reason is more like "trust basic math, bro."
    Players always seem to forget the opposite faction is also oversaturated with DDs. "Doubling the pool" would make it so every DD queuing in the whole server is competing for the same Tanks and Healers. Five Tanks become ten, fifteen Healers become thirty, yay.
    Except that the 794 DDs would become 1588 too.

4. Is that crazy?
    From my experience playing druid, i pretty much leave all 3 roles checked and am leveling 100% from dungeons past lvl 15:
    I've had about a dozen dps invites and can't make wheather i got more tank or healing invites, honestly gut feeling tell me it's close to equal.
    Even going for these two more in demand roles, i can tell you i've had queues close to half an hour.
    Maybe I forgot to mention that provided the UI is correct it's always a case of missing a dpser to fill the group.

What to say about that odd DD that simply vanished/DC'd/ragequit the group presses yes to fill in the spot and ... no one comes up. I have 4 manned over 50% of a dungeon trust me. Other times, yes a DD joins almost instantly, others take a while but eventually someone joins. I really believe it's a player pool issue. Next time do this on who panel: 50-52, trust me you won't fill the 50 entries. Now on top of the scarcity, maybe those players want to quest.

What about PvP? Are you guys finding battlegrounds while leveling?

5. It still just adds the same problem, from the other faction's side, to it. You said yourself you got confirmation from other players that it happens on both. The only case it would be faster is if your group is the only one trying to fill a missing spot and there aren't fresh groups being given preference instead. Plus you would add the risk of there being incomplete groups on the other faction, who would snatch a filler from yours, making your wait even longer.

6. Never thought I'd be discussing something like this, but I guess the earth is flat...

Picture this scenario where there are two sets of 4 players within a level range, each on their own faction. Conclusion both will keep on waiting. Now on the second scenario take the same 8 players but now all of them can be scrambled: yes 3 players will keep waiting but ONE GROUP WILL BE FORMED, provided there is at least 1 tank + 1 healer, but again, chances are higher to get one of each on a set of 8 players rather than 4.

7. Never thought I'd be discussing something like this, but I guess the earth is flat...

Picture this scenario where there are two sets of 4 players within a level range, each on their own faction. Conclusion both will keep on waiting. Now on the second scenario take the same 8 players but now all of them can be scrambled: yes 3 players will keep waiting but ONE GROUP WILL BE FORMED, provided there is at least 1 tank + 1 healer, but again, chances are higher to get one of each on a set of 8 players rather than 4.
    So by expanding the fraction the ratio changes? This would be groundbreaking if it wasn't a mathematical oxymoron.

8. Never thought I'd be discussing something like this, but I guess the earth is flat...

And plenty of people, no matter on which side they were, would prefer to wait ten minutes to get one person than to gamble waiting five for one or sixty for two.

Which, funny how this goes, I already had addressed ("Plus you would add the risk of there being incomplete groups on the other faction, who would snatch a filler from yours, making your wait even longer"). I wish someone would bet against me that I'd be repeating myself on the daily. Easiest money of my life.

9. I stand corrected, my brain doesn't grasp this concept for sure. Heck let's introduce a third faction to improve the queues.

Guess it'll never happen then because of that logic. I'll go over to my corner and find some podcasts to kill the time while queuing.

Thanks for the input, even though I can't truthfully concede it's healthy to exchange ideas.

10. So by expanding the fraction the ratio changes? This would be groundbreaking if it wasn't a mathematical oxymoron.
    if ratios are same then yes, queue times will on average be same too (sometime faster sometime slower like in obnoxious' examples)
    but its unlikely that both factions will have exactly same ratio of roles
    and in situation where ratios are different it will result in faster queues for both factions (factions filling missing roles of each other)

11. if ratios are same then yes, queue times will on average be same too (sometime faster sometime slower like in obnoxious' examples)
    but its unlikely that both factions will have exactly same ratio of roles
    and in situation where ratios are different it will result in faster queues for both factions (factions filling missing roles of each other)
    The ratio of DDs is multiple times higher than than the three that go in a group, on both factions. You could have some laughably anecdotal evidence of how "that day, at that time, for that level, in that dungeon" it just so happened that queuing was faster once, and even then it would most likely be at the expense of another group having someone from their faction taken by the other. For your "likely" scenario to happen, one faction would have to have a surplus of Tanks, while the other has one of Healers, so that somehow they "complemented" each other, a situation so niche it might never have happened for any meaningful length of time.

12. Obnoxious, the solution is to provide some incentive to queue healing such as offering appropriate elixirs to tanks and healers for queueing AND completing. There may be some logsistic issues behind that, however, correcting the issue should be atleast explored for the overall health of the server.

We can both agree that a shorter queueing in RDF will increase population as players are less likely to log off if they don't have to wait as long to get into dungeons. One of the best parts of Icecrown is the short waiting times to get into dungeons and battlegrounds.

13. 4 Weeks Ago  
    The realm pve is completed dead , rdf finding takes up to 1hour sometime even more , even when online over 2k+ , not talking about bigger groups forming ubrs , mc , or any other raid , the pve should be crossfaction , but nevermind better stay deadly Ogri , camping near fire instead doing some rdf but you cant because you have pay golds for tank , even i dont need a items :D so its dead . so fast , the realm need big changes , and do it faster to keep people online not just for numbers afking.
    Edited: 4 Weeks Ago

14. 4 Weeks Ago  
    Obnoxious, the solution is to provide some incentive to queue healing such as offering appropriate elixirs to tanks and healers for queueing AND completing. There may be some logsistic issues behind that, however, correcting the issue should be atleast explored for the overall health of the server.
    I disagree with the idea of bribing players like that, and I think that has been declined before. The major issue isn't that there are too few Tanks/Healers queuing or too many DDs queuing, it's a matter of preferences. A lot less people like healing or tanking than those who like to brag about "top DPS," and that isn't something exclusive to us, to private servers or even to World of Warcraft, it's something seen in every game that has that sort of role division.

Bribing players with completion rewards won't make people who aren't interested in healing or tanking suddenly change, gear up and learn a new specialization, much less create a whole new character. It won't even really make current tanks and healers who don't bother with RDF to start doing it all that much, unless the reward is so big it outweighs having to deal with random people constantly screwing up and blaming them. The realistic effect is that for the most part it would only reward people who already are tanking/healing anyway, with an off chance of some very minor (and likely situational) increase.

The realm pve is completed dead , rdf finding takes up to 1hour sometime even more , even when online over 2k+ , not talking about bigger groups forming ubrs , mc , or any other raid , the pve should be crossfaction , but nevermind better stay deadly Ogri , camping near fire instead doing some rdf but you cant because you have pay golds for tank , even i dont need a items :D so its dead . so fast , the realm need big changes , and do it faster to keep people online not just for numbers afking.
    I don't think this Forum has ever had a more tourist post than "the PvE in the Vanilla server is dead because of long RDF queues."

15. 4 Weeks Ago  
    I did meant to butt in any longer since i got a hint of denial to be hones yet: How on earth did this derail into a "buh hoo healers and tanks are scarce big oof"?
    I just stated that i went through the RFD for the ENTIRETY of the leveling process up until cap since as a tank/healer since i simply despise questing in this game. What do you know, thanks to the x3, RFD and 3.3.5 QoL client i got through the boredom and got my char up to cap lvl for the first time since vanilla.

« I don't think this Forum has ever had a more tourist post than "the PvE in the Vanilla server is dead because of long RDF queues." »

This is naive. Yes it absolutely is a deterrance to play here. I've always played the jack-of-all-trades class, in all games i have a neck for utility/versatiliy, not really fan of dps chart pumping. I too have played in other wow realms, so i'm used to isnta queues when going tank/healer. Guess what others are too. Also the hardcore dpsers also notice "wait a minute, so we have a tank and a healer, why is it taking so long? I smell dead pop"
    Vanilla is undiputed king of interest in private servers, many do strive. You know what isn't - TBC servers. Do have these server red flags and let's see how the TBC "draught" goes.

While haveing all the time in the world to write this post, i just looked my clock on 18minutes on my lvl 28 pally - you know the other dude who can tank/dps/heal. Frickin sit idle and look at the chat. Several posts come up ppl begging to joins from players in plenty of brackets. Stop dismissing my 2 days spent on the game + alt as anecdotal or tourist like. Now i'll try this last attempt since i'm really enjoying the server and would love to have more ppl coming in and not having a bad impression "peeking at the window": imagine a toddler and you tell him, look you can play with all the toys of the shelve (faction) you pick, but then you can't play with the toys on the other shelve, even a toddler would understand that's mean. If you want to pull the "no-changes" card, or the "killing the spirit of vanilla" motto go ahead now don't come talking about mathematical oxymorons and stop overengineering a simple concept: more players = more groups being formed!!! Or let's stop hypocrisy and make AH separate again i dare you.

12 Last