Yes it's a long time trend that's been on going since I started here back in 2016.
Not only should the opposite faction NOT have Resting State while in the enemy capitals for instant logouts, (Warmane only issue, weird right? Wrath classic my rogue has to sit out the timer inside Org as a Gnome) but it's an activity that only thrills 1 player and continually disrupts the gameplay of many others.
"just log your main or ask for help" So now you or other players have to take time out of their day to deal with something that shouldn't be an issue to begin with?
They now have to baby-sit an NPC so players can enjoy their time playing? Because 1 dude out of 10k+ players get their dopamine rush from wasting peoples time that want nothing to do with you?
Outside of lack of fixes, actively ignoring this issue that just promotes toxic gameplay is part of why I discontinued my support here, and the lack of threads or attention towards it is rather concerning.

Solution? Make Flight Masters in CAPITALS non-attackable, or severely reduced spawn time so these players can't just relog or spawn 5 minutes later and continue the disruptive cycle.

Note how I say CAPITAL and NOT ALL, cause it's part of World PvP, but if you're somebody who's not into it shouldn't have to deal with your BS shenanigans because they're trying to level or help friends.

Make changes to Capital Flight Masters to reduce the toxic griefing there, while Flight Masters such as Stranglethorn can still be messed with to keep the world PvP aspect the Relentless players enjoy so much.

(an 80 rogue in full blues can 2-3 shot a Flight Master since they're only roughly 12,000 HP)