1. 4 Weeks Ago  
    There is a 5 account multiboxing limit per player for most content, yes. The limit on multiboxers as described would be to stop _several_ multiboxers teaming up on purpose to gank. As it stands, the strongest world pvp thing you can do yourself is pilot five toons. There's nothing to stop a group of people EACH doing that and ganking/camping high interest zones with insane numbers.
    It isn't hard to get five characters to 60 either on your own (boosting yourself or playing the game "normally") or by being boosted by someone else. If more multiboxes keep getting created it will continue to skew the face of world PvP more than it already does. Because Onyxia is never population capped, there isn't even a need to have a donor account.

2. 4 Weeks Ago  
    This hunter multibox in particular strikes me as one that's highly vulnerable and not that efficient at AoE, so I'm surprised it'd cause anyone serious trouble.
    Well, it came unexpected with all the pre set traps - otherwise yeah, it shouldnt be an issue. The biggest issue we have is with multiboxers staying around somewhere ready to rezz and 5x "Now i am become death, destroyer of worlds" you, along with all other individuals trying to dispel and so on. And while this can be countered for BWL, its gonna be really annoying with AQ and Naxx. If there were five people on one char each willing to coordinate like this, id be like: Impressive, you gathered up, planned and executed it - well played. The multiboxers have nothing to loose, they die and ress, while the raid groups spent time and money to prepare.

At this point of the game ill have to spend more time on planning a secure route into the raid instances, than to organise my raid itself.

3. 4 Weeks Ago  
    Well, it came unexpected with all the pre set traps - otherwise yeah, it shouldnt be an issue. The biggest issue we have is with multiboxers staying around somewhere ready to rezz and 5x "Now i am become death, destroyer of worlds" you, along with all other individuals trying to dispel and so on. And while this can be countered for BWL, its gonna be really annoying with AQ and Naxx. If there were five people on one char each willing to coordinate like this, id be like: Impressive, you gathered up, planned and executed it - well played. The multiboxers have nothing to loose, they die and ress, while the raid groups spent time and money to prepare.

At this point of the game ill have to spend more time on planning a secure route into the raid instances, than to organise my raid itself.
    you see bro, they have this quality of life feature here that you can summon into the raid instances, just have a few guys without world buffs enter the raid and summon in the rest. You can still logout to preserve your buffs until everyone's there.

4. 4 Weeks Ago  
    you see bro, they have this quality of life feature here that you can summon into the raid instances, just have a few guys without world buffs enter the raid and summon in the rest. You can still logout to preserve your buffs until everyone's there.
    You see - i didnt make this post because of myself not being able to handle this. I made it because i know many people are playing casually (50%+ of the realm id assume) and i dont want those players to quit over such stuff when the game is already hard enough for them with all the time consuming preparation Classic is about.

Anyways, its forwarded to the right people, therefore "my" mission is complete.

5. 4 Weeks Ago  
    I still don't like it at all they chose to stick to a "pvp" realm due to the countless crybabies prior to launch. Their other realms are all pvp so why couldnt we just get 1 that's pve for once, i thourougly enjoyed fm s3 due to it being pve.

6. 4 Weeks Ago  
    That's all true, and I'd agree with you if this was about a real group of players doing that, not one or more multiboxers. Sure, there might be ways to deal with multiboxers, some might even be relatively easy for people with some experience and organization, but casuals shouldn't have to be either forced to learn all that or to be blocked from doing PvE content by one person.

Anyways, its forwarded to the right people, therefore "my" mission is complete.
    If multiboxers doing it keeps happening, it can still be reported here, with screenshots editing out character names and timestamps showing the date and time. That just might give Palutena more arguments for any suggested changes she might have put forward.

7. 4 Weeks Ago  
    A heads-up to the multiboxers coming take a piss in this thread: while technically no current rule is being broken and you're safe in-game, don't believe that extends here. Further such comments won't just get deleted.
    This is not a post taking a piss, so hopefully this can stay in the thread...

Regardless of whether changes are made to the multiboxxing ruleset, our primary goal remains engaging in world PvP and having fun. Deliberately griefing other guilds to the extent of disrupting their raids was never our intention, despite it being a playstyle adopted by a certain alliance guild which motivated us to level the multiboxxers.

With that being said; sorry Santori, we agree that bodyblocking the Blackwing Lair orb (or any other raid entrances for that matter) with hunter pets set on aggressive, instantly killing anyone trying to enter, is unfair play and we will refrain from doing that again. I can't talk for the whole faction but it won't happen again from people I can influence at least.

We'd welcome changes where multiboxxing in open world is forbidden completely. It's unreasonable that a single person should be capable of wiping out an entire 25-man team. Until such changes are made, we will continue defending ourselves and retaliate against the toxic environment created by the alliance in the first place.

8. 4 Weeks Ago  
    Your post is fine, don't worry. The ones taking a piss were either taunting or trying to start drama.

I don't see multiboxing in open world (or organized PvP like Wintergrasp, for example) being flat out forbidden, but like I said in my initial post, certain multiboxers are once more trying to push griefing as far as they can while remaining within current rules, so it's been increasingly clear that either they will have to control themselves or changes might be necessary so a handful don't hold hostage the fun of all these players.

We're not talking about stuff you can just RDF to avoid anymore, but character/gear progression of people who simply might not be organized or experienced in PvP enough to properly counter multiboxing. As I said before, were it a full group of individuals, each on a single character, I'd chalk it up as normal for a PvP server, but one or two multiboxers shouldn't ever have that sort of progress-blocking power in my opinion.

9. 4 Weeks Ago  
    this isnt just part of the game. its a welcomed part and very funny

10. 4 Weeks Ago  
    this isnt just part of the game. its a welcomed part and very funny
    yes i agree. Pve players should find themselves a pve realm to begin with, instead of crying they get corpse camped on a pvp one.

11. 4 Weeks Ago  
    If it was part of the game, the client itself would have support for it, much like there is for add-ons and Lua code, without the need for external software. Blizzard having overlooked it for years, and we therefore allowing it because of that, doesn't make it part of the game.

Either way, I have been informed this clogging raid entrances by multiboxers is about to be considered "disrupting gameplay."

12. 4 Weeks Ago  
    yes i agree. Pve players should find themselves a pve realm to begin with, instead of crying they get corpse camped on a pvp one.
    Players, even staff, keep saying things like this: "Just find a PvE server!"

Only they neglect to mention that there are no PvE servers available...here, or with any other project teams. Not ones that offer the same/similar progression plan as Onyxia. The "choice" they mention is a false one...it's really "tolerate the PvP toxicity or don't play at all".

13. 4 Weeks Ago  
    Players, even staff, keep saying things like this: "Just find a PvE server!"

Only they neglect to mention that there are no PvE servers available...here, or with any other project teams. Not ones that offer the same/similar progression plan as Onyxia. The "choice" they mention is a false one...it's really "tolerate the PvP toxicity or don't play at all".
    Being my usual blunt self, that's not our problem to solve. We offer PvP servers. We have no sort of obligation to do otherwise. If what we offer isn't what you want, it's on you to either compromise or go find what you want. Whether it's out there or not is your concern alone. Don't go into a steakhouse and demand they serve vegan; they won't change their menu until they want to and you'll just look like an *******. Telling them "but there are no vegan restaurants nearby" isn't going to change anything.

PS: This reply isn't an invitation for you to further try to derail the topic. Don't. It was just so whiny that I rather address and leave it for people to see (if, after reading, one person will think twice before complaining the same, it's a win), instead of just deleting.

14. 4 Weeks Ago  
    This is not a post taking a piss, so hopefully this can stay in the thread...

Regardless of whether changes are made to the multiboxxing ruleset, our primary goal remains engaging in world PvP and having fun. Deliberately griefing other guilds to the extent of disrupting their raids was never our intention, despite it being a playstyle adopted by a certain alliance guild which motivated us to level the multiboxxers.

With that being said; sorry Santori, we agree that bodyblocking the Blackwing Lair orb (or any other raid entrances for that matter) with hunter pets set on aggressive, instantly killing anyone trying to enter, is unfair play and we will refrain from doing that again. I can't talk for the whole faction but it won't happen again from people I can influence at least.

We'd welcome changes where multiboxxing in open world is forbidden completely. It's unreasonable that a single person should be capable of wiping out an entire 25-man team. Until such changes are made, we will continue defending ourselves and retaliate against the toxic environment created by the alliance in the first place.
    Thanks for the civil response, appreciate your understanding. And as well i do understand the root cause of this, yet i hope it wont affect the general playerbase too much in the future.

If it was part of the game, the client itself would have support for it, much like there is for add-ons and Lua code, without the need for external software. Blizzard having overlooked it for years, and we therefore allowing it because of that, doesn't make it part of the game.

Either way, I have been informed this clogging raid entrances by multiboxers is about to be considered "disrupting gameplay."
    Sounds good, thanks!

15. 4 Weeks Ago  
    This is a problem more in BGs than in open world. open world multiboxing can be harmless with some players often i see on onyxia multiboxing x5 hunters trying to level and enjoy themselves.
    While i understand it can be distruptive gameplay as it has happened to me on both horde and alliance Onyxia but this has been an issue in BGs more so. often in AVs you get matched with and against x5 Ele Shamans, 5 Shadow Priests, x5 Warlocks and they multidot/chain cast to a point where its Player vs Multiboxers not PvP.
    I do agree that alliance guilds actually were the ones that started this trend in THE songflower and silithus mainly, but this isn't really a faction specific problem its a ruleset problem. when this server was announced as PvP this should've been anticipated... but i do wonder for players are not multiboxers is it still considered "disruptive gameplay" to clog raid entrances?
    regardless i hope a reasonable conclusion can come out of this!

First 123 Last