1. 4 Weeks Ago  

Future of Classic raiding:

Multiboxing with pets on aggressive - great, well played. While i dont really care as we clean BWL without worldbuffs and can avoid this through UBRS in the future, i wonder how this is gonna look like with AQ and Naxx in the future?

Im the last to cry about such stuff, but this is definitely gonna have a bad impact on player numbers, if one or two people are able to harm whole raid groups with minimum effort.

Not sure if this is what the Warmane team intended when they made the realm PvP.

2. 4 Weeks Ago  
    Feels like rather disruptive behaviour to me, which probably would be fine if done individually, but when amplified by multiboxxin, oh boy this creates some bad feelings.

3. 4 Weeks Ago  
    Hunters being allowed to use pets while multiboxing is crazy. As if fighting 5v1 wasn't bad enough, now it is 10v1. And if they use trinkets/consumables to summon more guardians they are basically a one-man-raid.

4. 4 Weeks Ago  
    what is it exactly that people expect when they join a pvp server that also allows multiboxing, because personally this is exactly the kind of thing i expect and i plan accordingly, do my plans go well all the time? ofc not :P. a pvp server is only more fun than a pve server because you get to kill opposite faction in outdoor zones and by the same logic a pvp server is only less fun than a pve server because you are being killed by the opposite faction in outdoor zones. I have no qualms either way just saying did enemy faction wipe you and didnt even give you a chance and ruin your night? thats world pvp working as intended.

5. 4 Weeks Ago  
    Dying as a raid to a multiboxer sounds to me like a L2P issue. not a multiboxing issue.

6. 4 Weeks Ago  
    It is well established that this is not what the Devs consider an issue, and is in fact "working as intended".

7. 4 Weeks Ago  
    They are not supposed to die to a multiboxer camping the raids entrances , that's disruptive behaviour for sure , wpvp is ON , but ganking raids entrances is not wpvp its called mental issues

8. 4 Weeks Ago  
    To summ it up - i personally do not really care, we are fine and will stay fine as a guild. We had multiboxers annoying us multiple times, but what we have experienced today was on a new level. And yet, it wont be a reason for us to struggle, we are stubborn enough. Sure, we might loose some world buffs when we get surprised, but we will hang on.

The only reason i posted this was to raise awareness, so people know what could happen to them - and on the other side the server staff to know too, cause if this behaviour adds up to people loosing interest in the realm, its worth taking a look at it. AQ was known as a guild breaker, and i can imagine quite a few people stop playing till TBC if "the game" becomes too hard. And id rather have a full realm around me, not just a half full if you understand what i mean.

Thats my 5 cents on this topic, nothing else to add.

9. 4 Weeks Ago  
    As far as I know, (at least) two guilds were griefed by multiboxers on brm today, the hunter one being the most troublesome, due to the fact that the pets were standing on top of the orb, making it unclickable, while also being on aggresive stance, if you died, that was it, since as soon as you released and tried to get back up, the gorillas would thunderclap x5 and instakill anyone near. PvP is one thing, this is just straight up griefing.

10. 4 Weeks Ago  
    It's obvious that, as usual, multiboxers are trying to push the limits, so this situation was forwarded to Palutena (along with suggestions, such as only one multiboxers per faction in organized PvP and no using multiboxers to block the entrance to raid content). Whether anything will come out of it is a whole different story.

11. 4 Weeks Ago  
    It's obvious that, as usual, multiboxers are trying to push the limits, so this situation was forwarded to Palutena (along with suggestions, such as only one multiboxers per faction in organized PvP and no using multiboxers to block the entrance to raid content). Whether anything will come out of it is a whole different story.
    Thanks for hearing us out and forwarding this, hope its gonna bear fruits.

12. 4 Weeks Ago  
    Sounds dreadful.

Was it an attempt to stop the Alliance Multiboxing mages that wipes horde guilds?
    I've seen them both sides doing this to eachother. It is definitely not helping the servers population.

13. 4 Weeks Ago  
    A heads-up to the multiboxers coming take a piss in this thread: while technically no current rule is being broken and you're safe in-game, don't believe that extends here. Further such comments won't just get deleted.

14. 4 Weeks Ago  
    Multiboxing PvP is just considered PvP for the moment. This hunter multibox in particular strikes me as one that's highly vulnerable and not that efficient at AoE, so I'm surprised it'd cause anyone serious trouble. I certainly don't think any rules ought to be changed (!) as a result of some cheeky monkey business, especially when we've also seen actually powerful and difficult-to-counter behaviour like spawn bombing.

With that said, I think multiboxing should never have been allowed especially on a server that wants to capture nostalgic world PvP. They're not insurmountably powerful, but they do fuel degeneracy. This is coming from someone who uses his multiboxes to PvP, by the way. If a rule change is going to happen I think it should be made decisively before we see some horrors with the AQ opening event, or at the Dark Portal down the line for example.

15. 4 Weeks Ago  
    I could be very wrong on this, but wasn't there a limitation on multiboxers to 5 outside of instances? I remember seeing a post about it a few years ago.

123 Last