Hello there.
I've been playing here (Lordaeron) for a few years with some long breaks (had a few accounts).
However, I've never faced latency issues until recent times. At the days of Onyxia launch I started to experience some lags and latency spikes. Also I found some weird issue like geo networking QoS or something (not sure), but it was the fact: playing from Netherlands (Alkmaar) via wireguard udp tunnel was better than from my country despite the tun encapsulation overhead (it was my personal VPS).
To make a long story short, latency became good eventually even from my location. UNTIL (Ray William Johnson is in da building) it got bad again (and playing from other location doesn't help anymore). Nowadays if feels awful for me after 2-3 P.M. server time. The fun part that the game menu shows me latency like 60-70 ms, but believe me, I know how 60ms feels like. It's not 60 ms when your ability takes 20-30% of Global CD (!!!) to trigger. It's more like 300-400ms. I've asked about the issue in the global chat and gotten the same complaints. I know that not everyone on the server faces the issue, but want to ask warmane team if they by some chance have noticed some performance problems with the server (storage latency, net saturation, dunno what else) and if they gonna fix it.
I mean I know warmane is a free server and the team doesn't have to do anything about my problems, but I'm not the only one who is experiencing this issue.