1. 1 Week Ago  

Etiquette on raid rolling duration

This is a question for raid leaders and raid participants on what you think is an appropriate amount of time that should be given for people to roll on a piece of loot before moving on to the next one.

In a recent raid, I missed out on a long awaited drop even though I was the only one in that raid that could roll MS on it. The reason was that the raid leader barely gave 5-10 seconds between each roll before moving on. There was so little time between rolls that the /raidwarning flashing on screen didn't even fade before the warning for the next roll commenced.

Needless to say, I was pretty ticked off by this because it felt like I was robbed off my right to roll based on that extremely tight window.

In an ideal world, everyone would know exactly what they needed from a raid and the exact names of said items, and can thus roll immediately when they pop-up, but I think it's ridiculous to expect that from everyone. People do need a moment to compare their current gear with what's being dropped to see if they can or should roll on it. Imho, if the above practice was commonplace, it would only encourage people to roll for literally everything as is it better to be told that loot is not for you or your MS than it is to potentially miss out on an upgrade.

I've seen this happen to other people before too. The loot in a former raid was being rolled at such lightning speeds, many raid participants of a specific class were waiting till the end asking the raid leader why he hasn't rolled it yet. The raid leader said it was already rolled for but because it happened so quickly, almost everyone missed it and it went to some lucky guy who caught the roll. Obviously, it doesn't break any specific rules or guidelines, but I think it's a matter of decency and common sense.

TLDR: How long should raid leaders give people a chance to roll for loot before moving on to the next roll?

2. 1 Week Ago  
    10 seconds minimum, 15 should be enough. 20 seconds is acceptable, but feels bit a drag.

3. 1 Week Ago  
    10 seconds minimum, 15 should be enough. 20 seconds is acceptable, but feels bit a drag.
    This certainly sounds reasonable to me. Using your numbers, I would go further and specify 10 seconds minimum per roll priotity -- meaning:

10 seconds for MS
    10 seconds for OS
    10 seconds for free/disenchant/vendor (if needed)

To some, this might sound like a terribly long time but it shows due respect to everyone who came and gave their hours to the raid for a chance at loot. Rushing through loot rolls just to get out that few minutes quicker, especially when the raid leader doesn't need anything from the raid, is pretty damn inconsiderate if you ask me.