1. 2 Weeks Ago  

Difficulty starting

I never played wow before, and i downloaded warmane and have been playing on icecrown for a few days and I'm having a lot of difficulty adapting to the game and the community. I don't know the terms, acronyms and abbreviations that players use all the time, I don't know the tricks, I don't know how to get good equipment, how to level up efficiently. Once I entered a battleground and players started cursing me because I entered PvP being low level and not having good equipment. I really want to fully participate in this game, I want to do raids, dungeons, do PvP correctly, have strong equipment, but I know absolutely nothing about the game and I have no direction on how to learn things about the game. All the videos I found on YouTube are spoken in a very advanced and experienced way and I have difficulty understanding everything the guy is explaining in the video, because he uses several terms that I don't know, in addition to being in English, which is not my primary language. I downloaded the game very excited to play World of Warcraft, and it turned out that the game is more complex than I thought and I'm trying hard to learn things, but it's difficult, the desire to play is decreasing more and more. :(

2. 2 Weeks Ago  
    I'd suggest right clicking your exp bar and setting the experience rate to 1x. You're a new player who knows nothing about the game so rapidly outlevelling your zones and gaining lots of new abilities too quick will make the game more confusing. Make a new character, take it slow at 1x and you'll eventually learn the game. WoW is not hard, it's just tedious with a learning curve.

3. 2 Weeks Ago  
    ok but, how do i learn what the expressions means, like, in the human main town i see a guy typing on the LookingForGroup chat: "LFM-RUBY RS25N- (CTS=Ress) DPS" and i have no idea what that text means, but look like everyone understand what he is saying. Like, where and how do i learn this kind of thing?

4. 2 Weeks Ago  
    This thread contains most of the terms you'll want to know.

5. 2 Weeks Ago  
    This thread contains most of the terms you'll want to know.
    Thank you so very much, this will be very helpful

6. 2 Weeks Ago  
    Don't rush things. Trying to learn everything instantly and catch up to other players who have been playing this game for 15 years is extremely difficult. Take it one step at a time. After reaching level 80 I'd recommend looking up a guide on the warmane forum for the class and spec that you're playing as the first step. Eventually you'll meet some people or maybe even find a guild with members who are willing to help someone new and then you can always talk about things that are unclear with them.

If you're ever unsure where something is located or where to get some specific quest or item then google "wotlk database" and you will be able to find websites that provide a lot of information.

There's a lot of people who will seem or be rude and won't be willing to help. Trick is to just move on and find someone else because there's plenty of those who do want to help.

7. 2 Weeks Ago  
    Don't rush things. Trying to learn everything instantly and catch up to other players who have been playing this game for 15 years is extremely difficult. Take it one step at a time. After reaching level 80 I'd recommend looking up a guide on the warmane forum for the class and spec that you're playing as the first step. Eventually you'll meet some people or maybe even find a guild with members who are willing to help someone new and then you can always talk about things that are unclear with them.

If you're ever unsure where something is located or where to get some specific quest or item then google "wotlk database" and you will be able to find websites that provide a lot of information.

There's a lot of people who will seem or be rude and won't be willing to help. Trick is to just move on and find someone else because there's plenty of those who do want to help.
    Understood, thank you very much :))