1. 1 Week Ago  
    Yass slay! I totally love raid logging with my beloved toon and playing an alt (though I play way more with my alt than my main, because as you might guess, it's raid logging right now). I surely love that priest sitting in stormwind dispelling world buffs to brag on discord how free he can grief!
    Great!
    Enjoy as it keeps happening!
    Likely even more now, after you attracted attention from people who weren't doing it yet, but who want to make you love it even more!

2. 1 Week Ago  
    Why would we? Because Classic has it? This isn't Classic.
    You're asking for a "quality of life" that didn't exist in any of the regular versions of World of Warcraft. It was only created for Junior WoW, and it messes with a game mechanic that played a big part in PvP during the time we are emulating. Dual specialization is something that gets implemented down the line in the regular World of Warcraft and is in fact just quality of life, not changing game mechanics to give anyone some sort of instant advantage.

Also, no, it doesn't open discussion. Unless you mean strictly among players discussing imaginary scenarios.
    Because its good for the game.

The argument of "This isn't Classic" sounds a lot like a rejection of changes, which holds no water when there's RDF, no 40 man raids, accelerated experience gains, etc. If we're going to make these changes, why stop there? This isn't actual vanilla as much as this isn't classic. Doesn't matter if its a feature that was added in "Junior WoW", as Obnoxious calls it, its a important QoL feature to resolve issues in the game, notably raid logging and griefing. This was added to "Junior WoW" for a reason, with great benefit to the community, a community that keeps this server going, mind you.

"You're asking for a "quality of life" that didn't exist in any of the regular versions of World of Warcraft." Yet, multiplicative experience rates and donation gear did not exist in any of the regular versions of World of Warcraft, either. These are essentially quality of life as well. What exactly is your point here?

"it messes with a game mechanic that played a big part in PvP during the time we are emulating" Widespread dispelling aided by multiboxing was not a big part of PvP when this game launched, not nearly to the degree its being done here. Also, if you're trying to emulate the game for what it was during the time, the exp rates should be 1x, RDF should be removed, raid sizes should be 40 players, etc. This is not the case, so again, what exactly is your point here?

Great!
    Enjoy as it keeps happening!
    Likely even more now, after you attracted attention from people who weren't doing it yet, but who want to make you love it even more!
    These players have a valid stance on this and the way staff is responding to it is disappointing and unprofessional.
    Edited: 1 Week Ago

3. 1 Week Ago  
    Yass slay! I totally love raid logging with my beloved toon and playing an alt (though I play way more with my alt than my main, because as you might guess, it's raid logging right now). I surely love that priest sitting in stormwind dispelling world buffs to brag on discord how free he can grief!
    I think you're half-witted on how classic works. It is an intended game mechanic, as you can see that only particular buffs are dispellable. You may be mad, but hey you need to be aware that it is NOT GRIEFING, but an intended way of pvp'ing other faction. You don't need buffs to clear raids. Noone is forcing you to take them, but if you do you must be aware of the danger that comes with possesing such buffs.

4. 1 Week Ago  
    Because its good for the game.

The argument of "This isn't Classic" sounds a lot like a rejection of changes, which holds no water when there's RDF, no 40 man raids, accelerated experience gains, etc. If we're going to make these changes, why stop there? This isn't actual vanilla as much as this isn't classic. Doesn't matter if its a feature that was added in "Junior WoW", as Obnoxious calls it, its a important QoL feature to resolve issues in the game, notably raid logging and griefing. This was added to "Junior WoW" for a reason, with great benefit to the community, a community that keeps this server going, mind you.

"You're asking for a "quality of life" that didn't exist in any of the regular versions of World of Warcraft." Yet, multiplicative experience rates and donation gear did not exist in any of the regular versions of World of Warcraft, either. These are essentially quality of life as well. What exactly is your point here?

"it messes with a game mechanic that played a big part in PvP during the time we are emulating" Widespread dispelling aided by multiboxing was not a big part of PvP when this game launched, not nearly to the degree its being done here. Also, if you're trying to emulate the game for what it was during the time, the exp rates should be 1x, RDF should be removed, raid sizes should be 40 players, etc. This is not the case, so again, what exactly is your point here?

These players have a valid stance on this and the way staff is responding to it is disappointing and unprofessional.
    ^ This right here 100% true.

5. 1 Week Ago  
    The argument of "This isn't Classic" sounds a lot like a rejection of changes, which holds no water when there's RDF, no 40 man raids, accelerated experience gains, etc. If we're going to make these changes, why stop there?
    If you were going to quote me, why not go a little further back? It even addresses the rest of your post too.

Because this isn't a slippery slope.
    There's no "you did X, so why not do Y too." One addition doesn't become justification for another.
    It's disappointing and unprofessional that I joined him in his celebration for things happening just the way he loves? Oh my.

6. 1 Week Ago  
    I think you're half-witted on how classic works. It is an intended game mechanic, as you can see that only particular buffs are dispellable. You may be mad, but hey you need to be aware that it is NOT GRIEFING, but an intended way of pvp'ing other faction. You don't need buffs to clear raids. Noone is forcing you to take them, but if you do you must be aware of the danger that comes with possesing such buffs.
    Ah yes it was definitely intended for some autistic little **** to sit on the roof and dispel world buffs people wasted their time to get. No it was not intended for that, it was intended to reduce targets power during pvp and you know very well that is not why they are doing it. This is what it has devolved into. Same as collecting all possible world buffs and not playing your main character for the rest of the week was not intended but that's what it has devolved into. Yes you don't need world buffs to clear raids but vast majority of raiding guilds will require it because it is available, doesn't matter that it sucks the fun out of the game.

7. 1 Week Ago  
    So for the sake of "discussion", why did u butcher cons stacking and not keep it like it was on og vanilla( you legit accepted a post about cons stacking from some ***** with pretty much 0 proof, and even if it was true, it was like that on "junior" wow, why is it like that here?), why do u allow mboxing in bgs, in open world pvp, mboxing overall, that was not allowed in og versions, was not allowed in "junior" wow and by not "allowed" i mean it was bannable.
    Theres several more points that I could bring up here but theres no need , i think those 2 r the most "tilting" for me personally and for quite a bit more people aswell.
    I understand that u guys wanna make money and that its your server or whatever but also not listening to ur community is pretty much killing the server.

8. 1 Week Ago  
    why do u allow mboxing in bgs, in open world pvp, mboxing overall, that was not allowed in og versions, was not allowed in "junior" wow and by not "allowed" i mean it was bannable.
    Tell me you never played retail without telling me you never played retail.

9. 1 Week Ago  
    Ah yes it was definitely intended for some autistic little **** to sit on the roof and dispel world buffs people wasted their time to get. No it was not intended for that, it was intended to reduce targets power during pvp and you know very well that is not why they are doing it. This is what it has devolved into. Same as collecting all possible world buffs and not playing your main character for the rest of the week was not intended but that's what it has devolved into. Yes you don't need world buffs to clear raids but vast majority of raiding guilds will require it because it is available, doesn't matter that it sucks the fun out of the game.
    Everything said here is basically totally true. But i guess the effort to change it now is too big for the small amount of time left in Classic.

10. 1 Week Ago  
    It's quite tense & nerve-wracking to ride to a Raid with your guild while being harried by a groupe of Hordies napping at your heels.
    But the rush when you actually make it is great

You'd lose that with the chronoboon, even though I understand it would make life easier for some

I think it's one of these neutral changes that wouldn't make the game better or worse, just different

11. 1 Week Ago  
    You can already solve the issue of getting ganked by the opposite faction by simply taking a warlock into the raid and 2 alts to summon the rest. Chronoboon would solve is the issue of people raid logging.

12. 1 Week Ago  
    If you were going to quote me, why not go a little further back? It even addresses the rest of your post too.

It's disappointing and unprofessional that I joined him in his celebration for things happening just the way he loves? Oh my.

I did not go back a little further because your claim that "There's no 'you did X, so why not do Y too.' One addition doesn't become justification for another" is redundant and incorrect. We are not talking about ONE specific thing justifying another, we are talking about several changes that was made that go entirely against the intended design of Vanilla WoW justifying one that is good for the game and the community. Why do I have to explain this to you?

"One addition doesn't become justification for another." Says who? You? Secondly, the justification of the proposed addition of a chronoboon was not just because of all the changes Warmane already made, but simply that it is good for the game for a myriad of reasons. The amount of changes already made to the game simply makes any argument predicated upon the fact that something did not exist in the actual game, invalid. That alone should be far more than justified to anyone that has more than two braincells to rub together.

"It's disappointing and unprofessional that I joined him in his celebration for things happening just the way he loves? Oh my." You aren't being clever with this kind of response. You know as well as I do that this persons comment was sarcastic feedback, and the way you responded to them is not you joining in his "celebration". The way you handled that was largely condescending and you knew what you were doing. You are unprofessional.

Tell me you never played retail without telling me you never played retail.
    You said "it messes with a game mechanic that played a big part in PvP during the time we are emulating." If you actually played retail back in the day you'd know this is incorrect, and the changes made to the warmane realm in regards to "the time we are emulating" is out of touch. The problems being discussed in regards to the griefing and multiboxing are and were bannable offenses on Blizzard realms as well, so whatever y'all are trying to emulate, is being done very poorly. Your response to this person as well, with this in consideration, is also unprofessional and condescending.

13. 1 Week Ago  
    but simply that it is good for the game for a myriad of reasons.
    I suggest you make a suggestion and have a go at this point from as many aspects as you can.

It will be rough to convince people that going on a conveyor belt where nothing ever happens, you arrive exactly as you want, nothing ever bothers you, etc -- is better than current status(where "gameplay" happens and is interesting, thus retains players and forges cooperation and good times). I can't imagine how you will succeed, but I want to see.

14. 1 Week Ago  
    I suggest you make a suggestion and have a go at this point from as many aspects as you can.

It will be rough to convince people that going on a conveyor belt where nothing ever happens, you arrive exactly as you want, nothing ever bothers you, etc -- is better than current status(where "gameplay" happens and is interesting, thus retains players and forges cooperation and good times). I can't imagine how you will succeed, but I want to see.
    How would it possibly be rough to convince people of this when there is already clear friction and feedback being given towards the problem being discussed?

I've already made a suggestion and it was simple. Add the chronoboon. It addresses the issue of raid logging and stops griefing. Theres nothing interesting or enjoyable about spending hours upon hours to acquire your WB's then log out of your character you want to play until raid night, only to arrive and get griefed by multiboxers spamming dispels on your raid. This is not quality wpvp in any sense. Players will still congregate to gank outside of the raid entrances because its beneficial to them, but it doesn't have to waste hours of peoples efforts or force people to not play their mains for a extended period of time. This kind of interaction was never intended by design and thats why Blizzard addressed it by adding the Chronoboon. With how many changes that have already been made, it makes no sense to argue against having it. The core concepts of what made vanilla wow what it was, is already ruined with the changes that have been made. The problems we're discussing are part of the reason the overall activity on the server has gone through a steep decline.

I appreciate your efforts to have a constructive conversation about this however, but there will still be friction and interesting gameplay with a Chronoboon added to the game. WPVP won't suddenly die. If anything it will make people more willing to fight rather than always attempt to avoid conflict, much like how it works on era realms now. I'll have to check back in, in the future, but for now I have to handle some work. Have a good one mate.

15. 1 Week Ago  
    This thread should inspire many to create low level priests with the only job of dispelling buffs from tryhards.

First 1234 Last