1. May 16, 2011  
    bennyboyrule
    That guide is really bad.. :mad:

the spec is wrong, first at all. You can choose to drop one of those talent. improved hamstring,sundden death,blood craze. it depend on your partners/game play style.

AND FULLLING PARRY IS BAD!

the glyphs depend on your gameplay style also... MS for sure!

Overpower if you hate dk and hunter.

rend.. meahh i think you have enough time to refresh it. and im not sure.. but i think it lower the damage proc.

but sweeping strike is really good .... hamstring too ( if you go improved hamstring of course)

if i have to recommand a guide.. i would say to go look at Gfurious Guide

2. May 16, 2011  
    Also, since when did berserker rage remove stuns?

3. June 5, 2011  
    striderJP
    yea, this guide is pure suckage. Warrior PvP guide - Molten Community Forums much better

GBOT300

say what?

ok. let me get this straight.

when i see anything, i should:
    1. charge
    2. rend
    3. hamstring
    4. mortal strike
    5. bladestorm
    6. overpower/execute when available.

In fact, I am logging in right now and putting these 6 spells in my spell bar and deleting the rest.

dinka1995
    Damn nice guid

6. i dueled once a warlock:
    i used:
    1-charge
    2-rend
    3-bladestorm (immune to his spells)
    4-beserker rage(immune to spells)
    5-war stomp
    6-execute/overpower

his remaining hp was like 50 but his minion made a lot of damage so i lost:/
    is there a way to counter minions while damaging the hero?

this guide helped me a lot but i have a prob: im a lvl 80 arms warrior and i still dont have my defensive stance!!! is that a bug or what should i do? plz reply me as fast as possible

7. i dueled once a warlock:
    i used:
    1-charge
    2-rend
    3-bladestorm (immune to his spells)
    4-beserker rage(immune to spells)
    5-war stomp
    6-execute/overpower

his remaining hp was like 50 but his minion made a lot of damage so i lost:/
    is there a way to counter minions while damaging the hero?

this guide helped me a lot but i have a prob: im a lvl 80 arms warrior and i still dont have my defensive stance!!! is that a bug or what should i do? plz reply me as fast as possible
    Have u tried fearing or stunning the pet? that works very good agesnt warlocks when i face them in PVP i target pet fear it then charge the warlock... hope it helps

rafters
    U need to do a lv10 quest:

http://www.wowwiki.com/Defensive_Stance

9. thanks 4 the help. and ill try to fear the minion next time xD

10. and ive been told that the heroic strike interrupts any casting spell... is that right or the one who told me is a noob? lol :P

cartic0406
    The guy is a noob. Interrupts for warriors include shield bash (defensive stance) and pummel (berserker stance).

12. Warriors tend to be a very fun class to PvP with. If you are looking for something that does a lot of damage (if used correctly) and isn't to squishy. Then a Warrior is the class for you.

I am on the Alliance by the way. If you are on Horde and you see something that has to do with the Alliance, please flip that to Horde.

For example...Medallion of the Alliance = Medallion of the Horde

Alright class, lets begin.
    Everyones dream is to become an amazing Warrior. They dream of flying into the battle on a big dragon and just blow everyone out of the way. Everyone dreams about a class that does a lot of damage but also takes damage. Everyone wishes they were made to be a Warrior. But not everyone is made for it =). So heres a Guide for the ones that wish to be a PvP Warrior.

What you will find in this PvP Warrior Guide.

Table of Contents.

1) Talents.
    2) Glyphs.
    3) Weapon of choice.
    4) Armor of choice.
    5) Stats you'll need.
    6) Gems
    7) Ways to obtain the Weapons and Armor.
    8) What type of Enchants you'll need.
    9) Power Rotation.
    10) How to counter some classes.

The talents you'll need

PvP Warriors need to bring out the damage, crits, and bleeding to their target. The damage is increased when using Rend by far. Also I have seen Warriors without any talent points in Overpower. A 50% INCREASE on Critical Strike Chance for Overpower. I'm not sure why someone would not want this. But I have done 7k+ critical hits with it.

The talent Anger Management should have 0 Talent Points in it because...well its not useful. When you Charge into battle, 95% of the time you will not have a low amount of Rage. The only reason you would have a low rage amount is if the target is AFK.

Arms Warriors are built around the use of Overpower. Overpower is an extra move that will crit most of the time. But now onto weapon part of the Talent Tree. My Warrior uses Furious Gladiator's Crusher, so I put points in Mace Specialization. I find that Warriors should ONLY use Maces and Axes, MAINLY because you either want Crit or Armor Penetration.

I cover everything else in the Power Rotation section of the Guide.

Glyphs

Major Glyphs
    Glyph of Overpower
    Adds a 100% chance to enable your Overpower when your attacks are parried.

Glyph of Mortal Strike
    Increases the damage of your Mortal Strike ability by 10%

Glyph of Rending
    Increases the duration of your rend ability by 6 seconds.

Minor Glyphs
    Glyph of Battle
    Increases the duration of your Battle Should ability by 2 minutes.

Glyph of BloodRage
    Reduces the health cost of your Bloodrage ability by 100%

Glyph of Overpower gives you more of a chance to use Overpower, which means you'll have more chances to get a critical hit, which means you would do more damage than if you didn't have it.

Glyph of Mortal Strike is important because well...Mortal Strike is used A LOT as a PvP Arms Warrior, so it needs a damage boost.

Glyph of Rending increase the duration of your Rend. Arms Warriors should ALWAYS use Rend. If a Rogue is attacking you, and he/she suddenly uses Vanish you'll want that Rend bleed effect because if a Rogue takes ANY damage in Stealth they'll lose the Stealth which means you wont get a mean old Cheapshot. It also does a lot of damage in general.

Glyph of Battle should be used because you don't want to worry about your Battle Shout's duration when you are fighting. Two minutes is not enough time for you to be comfortable. You shouldn't have to glance over to see if it is still active. And why use Battle Shout some MAY ask. Well who doesn't love extra attack power?

Glyph of Bloodrage reduces the health cost. The power BloodRage consumes some HP. But why lose that HP when you could just use it to STAY ALIVE ? Some players might not think its much. But how many Minor Glyphs for Warriors are out there ? Why not use it right ?

Weapon of Choice

PvP Arms Warriors should only use Two Handed Weapons. If you are just starting your PvP Warrior and you do not have a good weapon, and if you do not plan on donating. Heres a list of non donor PvP Weapons you should at least get with Votepoints.

These weapons are 109 Votepoints.

Axe
    Furious Gladiators Sunderer
    Mace
    Furious Gladiator's Crusher
    Polearm
    Furious Gladiator's Halberd

The Furious Gladiator's Claymore is not included because PvP Arms Warriors work better around Poleaxe, and or Mace Specialization.

If you decide to donate

Axe
    Wrathful Gladiator's Sunderer
    Mace
    Wrathful Gladiator's Crusher
    Polearm
    Wrathful Gladiator's Halberd

Sword >.>
    Wrathful Gladiator's Claymore

Armor of Choice

Warriors in general want to wear Plate (Lol I had to put this in because there were people that didn't know this >.>). If you are just starting your Warrior, you'll want to aim for Furious armor. If you are donating, you'll want to aim for Wrathful gear.

The Furious Set

Furious Gladiator's Plate Chestpiece - 54500 Honor/75 Emblems
    Furious Gladiator's Plate Shoulders - 34700 Honor/50 emblems
    Furious Gladiator's Plate Helm -54500 Honor/75 emblems
    Furious Gladiator's Plate Gauntlets - 43300 Honor/50 Emblems
    Furious Gladiator's Plate Legguards - 34700 Honor/50 Emblems

The Wrathful Set

You can obtain the 5 items below with a very high Arena Rating and Arena/Honor points.

Wrathful Gladiator's Plate Chestpiece
    Wrathful Gladiator's Plate Shoulders
    Wrathful Gladiator's Plate Helm
    Wrathful Gladiator's Plate Gauntlets
    Wrathful Gladiator's Legguards

You can obtain these items below with Honor points/Arena rating.
    Wrathful Gladiator's Bracer of Triumph 43400 Honor
    Wrathful Gladiator's Girdle of Triumph - 68200 Honor, Also requires an Arena Team rating of 1300
    Wrathful Gladiator's Greaves of Triumph - 68200 Honor, Also requires an Arena Team rating of 1400

Trinkets

Medallion of the Alliance - I recommend getting the level 70 Medallion first if you are just starting out.

Level 80 medallion = 68200 Honor
    Level 70 Medallion that does the same spell but less resilience = 8000 Honor

Battlemaster's Rage - 34100 Honor

When you get geared I recommend doing ICC 25 Boss runs until you get Deathbringers Will (Link not availabe because Wowhead has updated the trinket into Critical Strike Rating instead of 155 Armor Penetration).

Rings

Wrathful Gladiator's Band of Triumph - 52200 Honor

Ashen Band of Endless Might - Join ICC Rep groups, and rep farm until you have the Reputation "Exalted" with Ashen Verdict.

Necklace

Wrathful Gladiator's Pendant of Triumph - 52200 Honor

Cloak

Wrathful Gladiator's Cloak of Triumph - 52200 Honor

If you do not plan on donating, and if you want some of the Wrathful gear. You can obtain the Wrathful Cloak, Bracer, Gauntlets, Neck, Ring, and also Belt.

Stats you'll need

Arms Warriors should rip through their target. Plate or cloth, it shouldn't matter. When you get gear, you should look for Strength and Stamina. And since you're PvPing, resilience is also needed.

Critical strike, Strength, Stamina, Armor Penetration is all needed. Agility is meant more for Rogues/Hunters/Feral Druid mainly because it doesn't give more attack power then Strength. Some people think that Agility is the way to go because of the crit, attack power, and armor increase. For one you have armor, you have your talents, armor, and weapons give you your crit also. And your Strength also gives you Attack power.

Gems

Many Arms PvP Warriors think that Armor Penetration gems are amazing. To be honest...they are. BUT, if you stack Strength gems, you'll do the same damage. I have dueled many warriors with the same gear, but different gems. I personally like Armor Penetration, but if you want to stack Strength, go ahead.

I have also watched duels between warriors with the same gear, same skill, but different gems. Strength and Armor Penetration gems both work together. They both did the same damage. The only difference was that one was Armor Penetration and the other was Strength stacked.

(IMPORTANT) Also many players make the mistake of going for the SOCKET BONUS in items. Socket Bonuses are USELESS. If you have a red and a blue stocket. Put 2 +20 Armor Penetration gems in (red gems). The socket bonuses are not useful, so do not bother going for them.

Gems needed

Fractured Cardinal Ruby - +20 Armor Penetration Rating (link not available)

Bold Cardinal Ruby - +20 Strength

Like I said. Both are good to use.

Ways to Obtain the Weapons and Armor

I have listed the Honor/Arena/Emblems needed to buy each PvP item. If you are just starting out, I suggest you do PvE to get Emblems for the Furious PvP items. Also I have listed the VP points needed to buy the Furious weapons.

If you choose to do battle grounds without gear, it will be difficult. But skill does play a big part in PvP so try your best. The more kills you get the more Honor you get. When you go into a battle ground. Try to always do "Call to Arms" if there is one on the list. Or do Random Battlegounds for your Daily 25 Arena points and extra honor.

To obtain the Wrathful gear that require Arena Rating and Arena points, you will either have to Donate for it, or create/join an arena team. Getting Wrathful gear with an Arena team is NOT EASY. You will need to be skilled, AND also geared with Relentless items.

This link has the Relentless Set for Warriors

Donating for Wrathful gear will always be the easiest, and quickest way.

What types of Enchants you'll need.

This is the list for the enchants needed for Arms Pvp Warriors.

Cloak - Enchant Cloak - Major Agility - +22 Agility
    Belt - No Enchants
    Boots - Enchant Boots - Tuskarr's Vitality - +15 Stamina and Minor Speed Increase
    Bracer - Enchant Bracers - Greater Assault - +50 Attack Power
    Chest - Enchant Chest - Powerful Stats - +10 All Stats
    Rings (Need to be an Enchanter) - Enchant Ring - Assault - +32 Attack Power
    Gloves - Enchant Gloves - Crusher - +44 Attack power
    Helm - Arcanum of Torment - +50 Attack Power and +20 Critical Strike Rating
    Legs - Icescale Leg Armor - +75 Attack Power and +22 Critical Strike Rating
    Shoulders - Greater Inscription of the Axe - +40 Attack Power and +15 Crit Rating
    Weapon - Enchant Weapon - Berserking - Berserking

Power Rotation.

Warriors have 3 Stances to work with. Battle, Defensive, Berserker. You will need ALL 3 stances.

Notice how Armor set gives a 5 second reduce cooldown on intercept ? Thats so you can charge twice. When you're in the game, place your Battle, Defensive, and Berserker stances on your Action Bars from your Spell Book (easier to press).

When you fight casters, they usually have fear, freeze, teleportation, and explosions that blast you away (fire mages, and ele shamans). And when they use those powers you need to get back in their face as fast as possible.

When you see a caster you should try to run up to them. If you feel like you can not, use your Charge, Hamstring, Rend, Mortal Strike.

If the caster blows you away for example. Change your Battle Stance, to your Berserker Stance, and then Intercept them immediately, and if they try to cast another spell, use your Pummel RIGHT AWAY to silence them. After you use your Pummel, switch back to Battle Stance and use your Hamstring again, and Bladestorm. As you are using your bladestorm, spin behind the target. A casters greatest weakness is fighting someone that is behind them. Their spell cancel and they can not start a spell if you are not in front of them. No matter what you should ALWAYS be jumping, and moving around them.

Charge, hamstring, rend, mortal strike, bladestorm (also do NOT FORGET TO USE YOUR OVERPOWER WHEN IT APPEARS. WHENEVERRRR it appears, USE IT)

If you get feared, or if the caster teleports. If anything happens to where you are not in their face like you were, you need to switch stances right away.

Intercept, hamstring, rend, mortal strike, bladestorm (remember to use overpower when it appears)

Melee players require a little bit more.

Your rotation is similar though. The only difference really is that you need to switch to Defensive Stance from time to time.

In Defensive Stance, you have 2 useful moves. Disarm, and Revenge.

There is a macro for Arms Pvp warriors but I am not sure if it is legal to use in the game.
    If a GM, or some type of staff member could answer this it would be great. But I have heard mixed answers. But anyway, there is a macro that lets you switch your 2h Weapon to 1h weapon and a shield to reflect spells WHILE IN COMBAT (I will not post the Macro until a GM or a staff member says it is okay to use).

How to Counter Some Classes

Arms Warrior versus Arms Warrior - It all comes down to skill with this one. Who has the better rotation, and who has the better spell selection. When you see another Arms Warrior, do not underestimate them.

Step 1. Charge them.
    Step 2. Hamstring.
    Step 3. Rend.
    Step 4. Mortal Strike
    Step 5. Bladestorm.
    Step 6. Execute
    Remember to use Execute, and Overpower when they appear.

Some players like to use their Bladestorm as fast as possible. TO COUNTER BLADESTORM

Step 1. Switch to Defensive Stance
    Step 2. Disarm.
    Step 3. Rend.
    Step 4. Hamstring.
    Step 5. Mortal Strike.
    Step 6. Execute.

Arms Warrior versus Rogue - The rogues plan is to stun you as much as possible. To counter this is very very easy. When a Rogue uses his Cheap Shot on you, use your Berserker Rage, to make yourself immune to sap, fear, and stuns. The rogue will PROBABLY disarm you after that. Just use your Intimidating Shout (or your stun if you are a Tauren Warrior). When the rogue is running, you have to act quick, he might use his Medallion.

Step 1. Charge
    Step 2. REND (Very Important)
    Step 3. Hamstring.
    Step 4. Mortal Strike.
    Step 5. Bladestorm.
    Step 6. Execute/Overpower When Available.

If you Rend a Rogue, when he tries his Vanish spell, he'll appear again in about 1-2 seconds because of the damaging bleed affect. Also keep in mind that you can disarm the rogue. A lot of people complain that Rogues are hard to kill but you have a very strong move to counter them. Use that Berserker Rage.

Arms Warrior versus Paladin - Paladins are not that bad also. Sure they have their infinite amount of bubbles but who cares right ? Because Warriors have Shattering Throw...If you do NOT know what that power is, please a take a minute to read it =)...If you have ENOUGH Armor Penetration you can break their weak bubbles. If they turn on their fully immune "OMGWTFOPBBQSAUCE" bubble, use your Shattering Throw, and BREAK IT.

Pallies also have that 5 second stun. Its reduced to 3 seconds because of your Iron Will talent. If you don't want to get stunned at all, or have them use that 5 second sap like move (idk what its called lol), use your Berserker Rage.

When you see a pally

Step 1. Charge
    Step 2. Hamstring
    Step 3. Rend
    Step 4. Mortal Strike (reduces their heals)
    Step 5. Bladestorm.
    If they turn on their Immune bubble, use your Shattering Throw,
    Step 6. Execute/Overpower when Available.

Also if you want you can disarm them.

Mortal strike is very important because it lowers their healing by 50%, and use your Bladestorm whenever. If they bubble, use your Shattering Throw. But make sure its that Full Immune bubble.

Arms Warrior versus Death Knight - Counter will be up soon. Some testing is being done =).

Arms Warrior versus Shaman - A pro Shaman player will normally try to kite you. If done correctly...they are unstoppable. I personally have tried EVERYTHING against a pro Shaman. Its probably the hardest class to defeat if the player knows what he/she is doing.

If you have a good counter for a professional Elemental Shaman, I would like to hear it, and I will post it up here, and I will give credit to you.

Arms Warrior versus Warlock - Warlocks are not that bad. Normally the Warlocks are Destruction, so they are not to difficult to kill.

When you see a Warlock, they'll most likely try to stun you. But thats not a problem right ?
    Once you see the Warlock, charge, they'll stun you, and start casting.

Step 1. Charge
    Step 2. Rend.
    Step 3. Hamstring.
    Step 4. Mortal Strike.
    Step 5. Bladestorm.
    Step 6. Execute/Overpower when Availabe.

But be quick and if you see them trying to cast a Fear (Pay attention for this) use your Berserker Rage.

If you do get feared (i hope you don't), switch to Berserker stance and intercept them, and once they start casting their next move, use your pummel, and then switch back and do the normal rotation.

Armors Warrior versus Mage - I have a counter, but I am testing a new one...Counter will be up shortly =)

Arms Warrior Versus Priest - I'm going to assume and say you're fighting a Shadow Priest because they are NOT EASY to kill. But with Berserker Rage it is ;) (don't you just love that power?). Shadow Priest will try to fear and disarm you. Also they will leach HP from their attacks. When you fight a shadow priest, try your best not to let them get Vampiric Embrace on you. Each attack they make after that heals them.

When you see a Shadow Priest, charge and switch to Berserker Stance. Be ready to use Berserker Rage and Pummel. If the priest tries to fear, use your Berserker Rage, if he tries to use his Vampiric Embrace...PUMMEL. After you pummel do your normal rotation, but watch out for the disarm, if they disarm you, run back, and charge. If they try Vampiric Embrace again, pummel them again. And then release your damage.

Arms Warrior versus Boomkin Druid - A feral druid is similar to a rogue, pretty much the same counter. The only difference is that you have to DPS them hard and quick. If a feral druid gets a critical hit, they got a free heal. They can use any heal they want instantly on themselves. So dps them hard.

Boomkins on the other hand I am still working on. I'll have a counter up soon =).

Arms Warrior Versus Hunter - A lot of Hunters are specced as Survival, which gives them a lot of damage attacks. When you see a hunter, use your charge, hamstring, rend. If the hunter decides to use his Disengage, switch stances and intercept him.

Hunters have only one spell that has a cast time. And thats Steady Shot. So you need to be quick with the damage. Also when you see the hunter use parry move, run back, and when it disappears,

Step 1. Charge
    Step 2. Hamstring (they might set a frost trap to slow you down)
    Step 3. Rend
    Step 4. Mortal Strike.
    Step 5. Bladestorm.
    step 6. Execute/Overpower when Available.

. Pay attention though, some hunters like to use Feign Death, and I've seen it work on some people >.>.

I apologize for not having Mage, Death Knight, and Boomkin counters. I'll have them up as soon as possible. Also if you have any questions please PM me or post a message =). If you have any good counters for Mages, Death Knights, and Boomkins please post them or PM them to me (I'll give you the credit).

Also if a GM or Staff member could confirm if that macro is legal to use, then I'll post it up.

Also if you see a mistake, please post it so I can fix it.

I hope you enjoyed my Arms PvP Warrior Guide. And like I said, if you have any questions, please PM me or post a message =).
    Your talents suck hardcore. I agree with rest!

13. Um, since when does Berserker Rage break stuns?

14. The guide is meh but the tactics are realy bad.I dont recomend using them.

First 12345 ... Last