1. This guide will show Mac users how to patch to 3.3.5a (currently required), and setup their game client for Warmane. This guide is for installing the enUS client.

Note: Downloading the PC cata torrent and using the downloaded wow.exe will work for Cata as well as WOTLK

Lion users/Torrent installation (also works on previous versions of OS X)
    To install from scratch on a computer with Lion or if you just want to use a torrent, download the PC client via a torrenting client. One such client is Transmission . Download the torrent tracker for the PC game files here for WOTLK or here for Cata. Once you have successfully download the files, drag the folder to your applications folder, then drag the .app file for your version from here (WOTLK or Cata):
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/y4.../App_Files.zip

Update/ Lion graphics fix: (WOTLK)
    Anyone having problems with OSX Lion and graphics glitches/anomalies add this line to your config.wtf under the wtf folder, this has completely gotten rid of any issues with the mac version for me.

SET gxApi "GLL"

Detail on how to use the wow app bundle:
    After you download the sparse image file, double click it to mount it. When you look in the mounted disk, you will see a wow icon. Click and drag that icon to your wow installation folder in applications. This will be the icon you click on to play wow with. Disregard all of the .exe's, it works fine. Enjoy!

Manual Installation
    First of all, you will need the WOTLK client. This file has a downloader for all WOW clients - make sure you select "Wrath of the Lich King". (Don't let it patch though - see below)

World of Warcraft Full Mac Install Client - Big Download

Once the installation is complete, the launcher will attempt to patch. You MUST abort this patch, as 4.x.x is not supported on Warmane. For future reference, always start WoW with the World of Warcraft.app file.

Next, you will need to patch your client to 3.3.5a. Download and install the following patches, in order of posting (you only need one of each patch, multiple mirrors are listed).
    If a link is broken, you can find alternate mirrors here or here.

All you need to do is run the updater file included with the patch. If it will not run, see notes at the end of this guide. After each patch is completed, DO NOT let the auto update patch to 4.0 - abort it immediately.

Macgamefiles.com: World of Warcraft (Universal Patch)
    The Patches Scrolls - Patches

3.2.0a
    Macgamefiles.com: World of Warcraft

3.2.2a

Games On Net File Library :: World of Warcraft - Patch 3.2.2.10505 to 3.3.0.10958 enUS OS X - WoW-3.2.2.10505-to-3.3.0.10958-enUS-patch.app.zip

3.3.0a

Games On Net File Library :: World of Warcraft Patch 3.3.0a to 3.3.2 - Mac USA/AUS - WoW-3.3.0.11159-to-3.3.2.11403-enUS-patch.app.zip

Games On Net File Library :: World of Warcraft: Client Patch v3.3.2 to v3.3.3 for Mac OS X - US/AU - WoW-3.3.2.11403-to-3.3.3.11685-enUS-patch.app.zip

3.3.3a

2shared - download WoW-3.3.3.11723-to-3.3.5.12213-enUS-patch.app
    The Patches Scrolls - Patches (See notes if broken)

3.3.5a
    2shared - download WoW-3.3.5.12213-to-3.3.5.12340-enUS-patch.app
    The Patches Scrolls - Patches (See notes if broken)

Setting Realmlist
    Next, you need to set your realmlist to use the Warmane server. The file is located in /Applications/World of Warcraft/Data/enUS/realmlist.wtf. Right or control click this file, go to the "Open With..." option, and select "Other". It will open your Applications folder. Select "TextEdit" then "Open".
    Select everything in this file (command-a), and paste:
    set realmlist logon.warmane.com
    Alternatively, you may delete the realmlist file and replace it with this pre-set file:
    realmlist.wtf

Save, and close the file. You can now open "World of Warcraft.app" and logon using your username and password (not email)

Notes
    a). Some patches may download fine, but won't open when double-clicked. The problem is that they don't give you permission to execute the file. You can fix this by doing the following:
    1. Right/control click the patch file and select "Show package contents"
    1a. If you see the real patch file now, run that. Otherwise..
    2. Go to /contents/MacOS/ and you should see a file called "installer"
    3. Open Terminal (/applications/utilities)
    4. In terminal, type "chmod 777 " but do not enter (you must be on an administrator's account, also note space after the 777)
    5. Drag the "installer" file to terminal. The path of the file should be entered into terminal.
    6. Press enter in terminal
    7. Open the original patch file

b) If you recieve error #8 while patching,
    Blizzard Updater was unable to read the file "/Applications/World of Warcraft/Data/enUS/backup-enUS.MPQ". This error may be caused by problems with the media or drive at /--for example, a scratched or dirty CD-ROM/DVD-ROM...
    Try deleting the file "Applications/World of Warcraft/Data/enUS/backup-enUS.MPQ", rebooting then patching again.

2. I am using a mac and I currently downloaded the WOLTK 3.3.5a Version. However, I am not able to launch the application, it says "The application World of Warcraft can't be opened" any suggestions on how I can fix that issue?

Thanks in advance

3. I am using a mac and I currently downloaded the WOLTK 3.3.5a Version. However, I am not able to launch the application, it says "The application World of Warcraft can't be opened" any suggestions on how I can fix that issue?

Thanks in advance
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....-os-x-yosemite

4. May 4, 2016  
    I am trying to do the first way with the windows install but I can figure out from the post where to put the .app file I have to download. I have moved the WOTLK file to applications but I don't know what to do after that. NEVER MIND: I'm dumb I got it
    Edited: May 4, 2016 Reason: figured it out

5. May 11, 2016  
    I have downloaded it directly from the site and I have a gotten a folder called "wrath of the lich king 3.3.5a(Mac)"
    Inside I have a Wow file and a Wow launder file. the Wow file does not open.
    I double click it and it seems like its going to open but nothing opens, nor does any error message occur. This is second time ive installed using the warmane direct link and have attempted many different solutions from forums to no luck.
    Any suggestions?

6. May 15, 2016  
    Honestly this really confuses me but i tried doing everything it told me and it just won't open like to i have to put both files in applications, or do i have to do something else cause nothing is working.

Even the .app folder the WOTLK launcher is a traffic cone and it won't open.

Help please.

7. May 15, 2016  
    Honestly this really confuses me but i tried doing everything it told me and it just won't open like to i have to put both files in applications, or do i have to do something else cause nothing is working.
    Even the .app folder the WOTLK launcher is a traffic cone and it won't open.
    Help please.
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....-os-x-yosemite

8. May 18, 2016  
    Hello, I am having a similar issue. I cannot open the wotlk programs and it says "PowerPC applications are no longer supported." I have Mac OS X EL Capitan - is there any way I can play with this version of os?

9. May 19, 2016  
    Hello, I am having a similar issue. I cannot open the wotlk programs and it says "PowerPC applications are no longer supported." I have Mac OS X EL Capitan - is there any way I can play with this version of os?
    Having the same issue with OS X El Captain. I've attempted both work arounds (terminal prompt and downloading Windows version, replacing .exe with the correct application file). Anyone have another work around?

10. May 19, 2016  
    It doesn't say "PowerPC applications are no longer supported," after I drag the applications to my desktop, but now it just says "cannot be opened." It seems like I am having the same issue as everyone else.

11. May 30, 2016  
    Same here it keeps saying Cant open.

12. June 1, 2016  
    I'm having the same problems. Apparently this is a common problem when you try to use older programs on El captain.

13. June 4, 2016  
    can someone explain how to download to mac easier

14. So when I clicked on the patch for 3.2.0 for a file that did work among the many deprecated and otherwise broken / redirected sites, it said that I already have it and up to 3.3.5.12340. All of the US Mac files I've tried for 3.3.5 - 3.3.5a don't seem to work, either because they're broken (did show package contents, still says that I'm up to date) and so on.

The game keeps trying to update to 4.0 and obviously I'm stunting that from happening, but I think I've hit a roadblock and wonder if I should just use parallels instead.

EDIT: I downloaded the files and all that from the download page when I signed up for Mac, am I supposed to download the Manual Installation files too?

15. This guide will show Mac users how to patch to 3.3.5a (currently required), and setup their game client for Warmane. This guide is for installing the enUS client.
    I appreciate your guide, but I'm hoping you reorganize it a bit. It seems like there are two sections, one for downloading a PC wotlk 3.3.5a torrent and patching that from Windows to Mac, and another section for downloading a 3.2.0 Mac client and patching that to 3.3.5a. In my opinion, shouldn't there be three sections like this?

1. Warmane's 3.3.5a Mac client with Wod models
    2. Your 3.3.5a PC client and patch to add in a Mac client with std models.
    3. Your 3.2.0 Mac client and patch strategy up to 3.3.5a with std models.

And finally would you please explain why you say patching is currently required given #1 above. What's not working with theirs? What works better with yours? I admit it's easier to ask you than to download 60 GB of clients, and I think that's fair considering you wrote the guide.

123 ... Last