1. July 2, 2016  
    So still no news or updates for Mac running El Captain?

2. July 3, 2016  
    I downloaded Warmane's 3.3.5a torrent using the magnet link on their Download page.
    I changed the permissions on the unix executable within the app using this command in Terminal.
    Code:
    chmod 755 "/Applications/Wrath of the Lich King 3.3.5a (Mac)/World of Warcraft.app/Contents/MacOS/World of Warcraft"
    I double clicked the World of Warcraft app and have been playing on El Cap for a week.
    See u in game!

EDIT: fixed a syntax that I'll never forget.
    Edited: July 27, 2016

3. July 4, 2016  
    Hello i am getting patch required error can someone help me?

4. July 6, 2016  
    How did you do this? I am getting the same problem, could you guide me through it?

5. July 7, 2016  
    Hey, I am having a pretty unique issue. I can open up WoTLK from the app, login, but it asks me to download a patch. It gives me no other options except to exit out of the broswer. I have gone to my realmlist and it looks normal. Does anyone else have this issue, or has anyone solved this yet?

6. Same

Hey, I am having a pretty unique issue. I can open up WoTLK from the app, login, but it asks me to download a patch. It gives me no other options except to exit out of the broswer. I have gone to my realmlist and it looks normal. Does anyone else have this issue, or has anyone solved this yet?
    Hi, I got this issue too :(

7. Hi, I got this issue too :(
    log-in by using your warmane account name, not email address

8. I opened the WOTLK folder from the .app folder and got a traffic cone. Is there a fix for this? I looked at the previous post but can't find a solution. Help would be appreciated!

9. I opened the WOTLK folder from the .app folder and got a traffic cone. Is there a fix for this? I looked at the previous post but can't find a solution. Help would be appreciated!
    I downloaded the whole thing using Warmane's link and fixed perms like I described a few posts above.
    Then to run it I do something like this:
    1. Open Finder and click on Applications
    2. Click List View Button
    3. Drop down the WotLK folder by clicking on the triangle to the left of it.
    4. Double click on the correct app.

That help? If not, screenshot what you did and what you see. Upload your pics to imgur.

10. I just realized the site has a Mac version of a torrent, so I'm downloading that now. But, I'll just post this anyway: http://imgur.com/a/7ZrOq I'm not sure why I'm getting this traffic cone, and when I double click it I get a "WTF" folder.

11. Ok, so I've downloaded the MacOS WotlK torrent. Everything went according to plan, until I tried to open it. I simply can't and the following Error message is being displayed: The application "World of Warcraft" can't be opened.
    I have checked the permissions but I got the highest possible, so I don't think that is the problem.

Edit: When I drop the WoW.app into the Terminal I get a bash reply saying it's a directory. Not sure if that's relevant.

Edit: After googling for a while, I found a solution for my problem. It might help others as well. Here's the link: http://superuser.com/questions/89812...-opened.Follow the instructions of the first respondent. To get the path of the Contents/MacOS into the terminal, simply right-click the WoW.app and click on "Show Package Contents" and then on Contents and lastly drop it after the "chmod +x" command. Before you hit enter, write the "/*" behind the MacOS without a space. It should work flawlessly. Good Luck.
    Edited: July 25, 2016

12. Edit: When I drop the WoW.app into the Terminal I get a bash reply saying it's a directory. Not sure if that's relevant.
    Yup I made a mistake, gave some bad code above when I wrote down a directory. I edited the post above, thanks. This is what works to correct the permissions on the Warmane Lich King torrent after you've copied it to your Applications folder from wherever your torrent program put it. I've personally run each of these commands on my system right now as I'm writing this.

Spoiler: Show
    Code:
    Three commands here so you can see before and after the effects. 
    The commands will: list the details about the file, change the perms on it, and list the details again.
    Pro tips: Drag your terminal window so it's at least 150 columns wide,
    When the chmod command works, it displays no feedback.

ls -l "/Applications/Wrath of the Lich King 3.3.5a (Mac)/World of Warcraft.app/Contents/MacOS/World of Warcraft"
    chmod 755 "/Applications/Wrath of the Lich King 3.3.5a (Mac)/World of Warcraft.app/Contents/MacOS/World of Warcraft"
    ls -l "/Applications/Wrath of the Lich King 3.3.5a (Mac)/World of Warcraft.app/Contents/MacOS/World of Warcraft"

13. Hey I just downloaded the WotLK MacOS client off the Warmane website and I've followed a bunch of the different tips on how to open the game but I keep getting the message that says "Power PC applications are no longer supported" I am running on El Capitan is there any solution to my issue?

14. Hey I just downloaded the WotLK MacOS client off the Warmane website and I've followed a bunch of the different tips on how to open the game but I keep getting the message that says "Power PC applications are no longer supported" I am running on El Capitan is there any solution to my issue?
    Did you change the permissions first on the executable file, then double click the app like I posted above?

15. Hi i downloaded the client, the patch and also the realm list thing,
    it seemed that it run just fine, but later when i try to connect it says dissconected from the server.
    Help me please,

First 1234 ... Last