1. Ty for the feedback guys

@Nemmish ye i'm running with Serendipity atm but i dislike the idea of having to cast 3 Flash Heal before i can cast PoH or Greater Heal. Yea i find myself using PoH only on Lady and BQL mostly with few exceptions on other bosses. Maybe i need to be more intuitive and predict when to use it but right now i'm noob at that. I personally rolled Body and Soul for a long time and felt it was crap. I don't like Test of Faith either as it's too situational.

@fefefe indeed Holy Priest save lives.

Currently i'm rolling with this spec http://wotlk.openwow.com/talent#bVcbuohZfxkcf0qqhbekVo
    I'm hoping i can alternate between a renew spam and single target heal style from this. Maybe in the future i'll drop points from Mental Agility if i feel i'm mana efficient and put them in Healing Prayers and Empowered Renew. Glyphs are Flash Heal, Guardian Spirit and CoH. I might switch Flash Heal glyph with Prayer of Healing once i get better at using it.
    Don't think about Serendipity in a way that you "have to" cast 3 Flash Heals. Just fill up other ppl with the 3 flash heals and then as a reward you will have a good group heal in your bag.
    Also try not to cast the x3 Flash Heals when the damage is done, because then you will be at least in 3 sec behind other healers with your PoH. Try to cast some Flash Heal on ppl who need it and get it up to 3 stacks when a huge damage is about to come (Slime Spray, Pungent Blight, Decimation at dogs, Infest etc.).

Body and Soul is really situational, I rather use it to save ppl if they are standing where they shouldn't be (slime pool on Rot, Defile at LK, runnin away from the raid with Combustion at Halion, kiting ooze at PP and many other situations). You need some raid awareness to use it. You can use it as nitro boots, but with less cd :D

Test of Faith is situational true, but if you have to save someone, who is about to die, that extra healing on them (4% per talent point) is going to be really useful.
    If you want to look at it from a different point of view, Blessed Resilience is giving you 1% extra heal per point at all times, while Test of Faith is giving you 4% on players below 50%.

I don't know your current gear, but I think having these talents with a bit more mana cd usage is more useful, than to go for the mana cost reducing talents. But as you said you are thinking about changing your build as you get different gear, so that's fine by me :)

2. @Nemmish http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ecrown/summary my gear. I have lingering illness but i want more haste so wearing cord of patronizing practitioner. Soon to get circle of ossus. How much crit would i need to run with 1 point in Surge of Light?

3. @Nemmish http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ecrown/summary my gear. I have lingering illness but i want more haste so wearing cord of patronizing practitioner. Soon to get circle of ossus. How much crit would i need to run with 1 point in Surge of Light?
    This is the calculation for Surge of Light proc, from Elitist Jerks. Pretty straightforward imo, but feel free to ask if sth is unclear :)

Spoiler: Show
    Proc = 1 - (1 - C/2)^n. - This is for 2/2 Surge of Light
    Proc = 1 - (1 - C/4)^n. - This is for 1/2 Surge of Light

Proc = Chance of SoL proc
    C = Crit Percentage (where 1.0 = 100%)
    n = number of chances to proc (n = 2 for Binding Heal, n = 5 for CoH, n = 6 for glyphed COH, PoH with a group that has 2 hunters n = 7!)

Also the same calculation, for 2/2 talent points
    Manipulating the formula to figure out what crit percentage you would need for the desired chance of getting a Surge of Light proc.
    Proc = 0.75 or 75%, meaning you want your CoH to give you a 75% chance to generate a SoL proc.
    C = ??? - unknown
    n = 6
    Proc = 1 - (1 - C/2)^n. (isolate C, gets ugly)
    C = -2*[(-P+1)^1/n - 1]
    C = -2*[(-0.75+1)^1/6 -1]
    C = -2*[(0.25)^1/6 - 1]
    C = -2*[0.7937 - 1]
    C = -2 * -0.20629
    C = 0.41259 or 41.3% crit needed.

And for 1/2 talent points
    Proc = 0.75 or 75%, meaning you want your CoH to give you a 75% chance to generate a SoL proc.
    C = ??? - unknown
    n = 6
    Proc = 1 - (1 - C/4)^n. (isolate C, gets ugly)
    C = -4*[(-P+1)^1/n - 1]
    C = -4*[(-0.75+1)^1/6 -1]
    C = -4*[(0.25)^1/6 - 1]
    C = -4*[0.7937 - 1]
    C = -4 * -0.20629
    C = 0,82516 or 82,5% crit needed.

Note that you won't need this high crit chance, rather think about this as a cap. Also as a holy priest, please don't gem for crit even if your stats are much more lower than these calculations suggest :) (maximum, for intellect, but that is making me cringe too ^^)

And sure thing, Circle of ossus is better than Lingering Illness (25n one) :)
    Edited: August 3, 2016

4. How good http://wotlk.openwow.com/spell=33146 is? I don't feel like spending points in this talents 0/3.

5. How good http://wotlk.openwow.com/spell=33146 is? I don't feel like spending points in this talents 0/3.
    For PvE, it's a filler talent for when you feel there is nothing else better to put those free points.

6. For PvE, it's a filler talent for when you feel there is nothing else better to put those free points.
    That being said and since I'm not focusing in Greater Heals, consequently no points spent into http://wotlk.openwow.com/spell=18535, I'd like to know if this talent is viable.

The point is: I do want a Holy Priest with http://wotlk.openwow.com/spell=14751 and http://wotlk.openwow.com/spell=48087.

Please - fellow and more experienced Priest - help me to make a still viable spec with these personal preferences of mine.

EDIT: After thinking for a while I came up with these two ideas:

Talent 1 [For Greater Heals]
    Talent 2 [For Flash Heals and the play style I'd like to try]
    Edited: November 24, 2016

7. I'll address the later two specs you linked since those are specs you resolved on after some thinking.

@ "Talent 1 [For Greater Heals]"
    - If Greater Heal is your focus for the spec, then I would suggest considering 'Improved Healing' if you have any kind of mana troubles.
    - I would also encourage you to use 2/2 Surge of Light if you're going to use Serendipity. Surge of Light procs grant you free, instant heals that you can use to generate Seredipity stacks. The talent is just too potent to not have it proc as often as possible.
    - 1/3 Empowered Renew - If you are getting this just for Surge of Light procs, OK, I guess I can get behind that. But if you are going to be using Renew with any frequency (and you should), you really should get a full 3/3 out of this talent.
    - Inner Focus can be useful for mana efficiency, but I almost always forget to use it in PvE.

- Expendable talents that you can take points out of to move them around, ones that I would suggest, would be 'Body and Soul' (can be bothersome to use if you are healing alongside a Discipline Priest), 'Blessed Resilience' (I touched on this on my previous post) and 'Test of Faith' (depends on how often you're healing people below the threshold - can be really good in some cases, useless in others). 'Test of Faith' would be the one I take points out of last.

@ "Talent 2 [For Flash Heals and the play style I'd like to try]"
    - While Lightwell is a very cool spell and has an interesting concept behind it - nobody ever clicks the damn thing. Your choice.
    - 'Healing Prayers' isn't particularly strong if you're not going to use Prayer of Healing. It's inadvisable to use Prayer of Healing without 'Serendipity' due to its long cast.
    - As stated above, 'Body and Soul' can be problematic if you are healing along side a Discipline Priest. If you don't heal alongside a Discipline Priest, then that's great - go for it! Just keep this in mind when you're going to raid.
    - I addressed Inner Focus in the previous section.
    - Desperate Prayer is nice if you can remember to use it. I often find myself flash healing myself, frequently with a Surge of Light proc, instead of remembering to use Desperate Prayer.

- If there is anything about this spec that I would change the most, it would most likely be moving points from Healing Prayers to Test of Faith. This is assuming that you will *never* use Greater Heal or Prayer of Healing.

Now, these are just things to think on and consider as your work on perfecting your spec in the way you want to play it. I, personally, like to play a versatile spec that "can do anything well", but it lacks some specializations that some people prefer - Lightwell, Desperate Prayer, Inner Focus, Body and Soul, etc.
    The spec I prefer to play tends to look something like this: http://wotlk.openwow.com/talent#bVcbhZfE0cb0qihoeuAo

You should also keep your gear in mind, and how well you perform with your mana efficiency. Grab some mana efficiency talents if you need them. So long as you get key talents, you should do fine. Spend time actually healing with the spec you build. Check your performance and then make decisions on what you feel you should change or improve upon.

8. @Mercy

I'd like to thank you very much for all of your attention and helpful tips. About all that has been said, and trying to extract the best of your experience, I'll give to my last adapted TALENT a try.

I hope to have enough fun but also being useful in Raids' environment. If I find myself struggling at doing it I will let it go and spec into a more default and viable Holy Tree. Whish me lucky! Thank you once again.
    Edited: November 25, 2016

9. Good luck, and I wish that you have a wonderful time with the Priest. I love playing one, and I only wish the same for everyone else. :)

First 12