1. CREATOR OF THIS GUIDE IS NO LONGER ACTIVE.
    PvE Assassination Guide

*My guide is focused on increasing your dps with melee attacks and poison attacks using haste *

Talents:

Assassination

Glyphs:

1st Glyph: Glyph of Mutilate
    2nd Glyph: Glyph of Hunger for Blood
    3rd Glyph: Glyph of Trick of the Trade

Gemming:

Meta socket: Relentless Earthsiege Diamond
    Red sockets: Stark Ametrine
    Yellow sockets: Quick King's Amber
    Blue socket: Nightmare Tear

Note:
    Just stack the haste gems, use +20 haste on yellow slots, +20ap and 10haste to red and blue slots and leave 1 blue slot for nightmare tear for the meta gem bonus

Poisons

Use Deadly poison on your faster weapon (1.4) and Instant poison on your slower weapon (1.8), simple as that
    If you have two 1,8 speed weapons then use Deadly poison on MH and Instant poison on OH

Rotation:

*HfB stands for Hunger for Blood, it's the last talent in Assassination tree*
    *S'n'D stands for Slice and dice*
    *TotT stands for Tricks of the Trade*
    *CPs stands for combat points*

Stealth
    -> open with Garrote only if there are no other players that can do some bleed effects on the boss (such as a warrior tank or just a warrior or a druid, etc.) otherwise open with Mutilate (yes use it from stealth)
    -> HfB right away (also now you should cast Tricks of the Trade, BUT, only if you have 2 pieces of T10, to make up for the 15energy loss, otherwise use TotT from stealth before starting to dps)
    -> S'n'D
    -> Mutilate (1 or 2 which ever is needed to get 4 or 5 combo points)
    -> Envenom
    -> Mutilate
    -> Envenom
    -> Mutilate
    -> Envenom
    -> Repeat 'till epic dps and remember to keep HfB up all the time.

Good time to pop Cold Blood and other cooldowns (such as your hand enchant if you have engineering) is when u have 5 combo points and you're about to do Envenom
    (best done on the beggining of the battle for a chance to get your CDs off so you can use it again)

[Always use mutilate untill you get 4 or 5 combo points and then envenom, never envenom on 3CPs or less]

[After you do envenom in your rotation and get 4-5 combo points again make sure u don't do envenom again untill it's buff (the one that gives u increase chance to proc poisons) is about to expire (i usually redo my envenom when the buff is on 0.1sec expire time but i have an addon that shows me that, with only blizzard UI you should have no troubles timing it on 0.5sec exipre time so i recommend you do that) don't ever cast it when it's on +2sec
    ]

Gear

You should focus on getting gear with crit and haste rating mostly, but only after u get around 10-12% (350) of hit rating [without the talents] so make sure you have enough hit rating before going for haste gear only

* If you just started gearing up i recommend getting:
    Trinkets
    - Comet's Trail
    - Blood of the old god

Weapons
    - Fang of oblivion

- Bladetwister
    (enchant both with berserking)

And this spec: 51/13/7 as it's better for starter rogues

As for gear you should just get it from raids
    But if you have alot of VPs use this guide to help you find items you need

Getting an item or 2 with expertise will help you untill you're able to get the icc / T10 items with expertise so bosses can't dodge your attacks

Enchants:

Considering enchants it's pretty simple, just go for attack power as those enchants are the best for rogue, but anyways here's the list:

Head: Arcanum of Torment (requires Knights of the Ebon Blade - Revered)
    Shoulders: Greater Inscription of the Axe (requires The Sons of Hodir - Exalted)
    Cloak: Greater speed (if you need haste), Major Agility (if you have enough haste and could use crit + dmg), and a great thing would be if you have tailoring then you can get the +400ap enchant from tailoring
    Chest: Powerful Stats
    Wrist: Greater Assault
    Hands: Crusher
    Legs: Icescale Leg Armor
    Feet: Greater Assault
    Weapons: Both weapons (berserking stacking got fixed) Berserking

Best in Slot items:

In my opinion, if you are going to donate, this is the BiS list for rogues (everything heroic ofc):

Head: Discarded Bag of Entrails (big thanks to HOLYs for recommending this head)
    Neck: Sindragosa's Cruel Claw
    Shoulders: Cultist's Bloodsoaked Spaulders
    Cloak: Shadowvault Slayer's Cloak
    Chest: Ikfirus' Sack of Wonder
    Wrist: Umbrage Armbands
    Gloves: Sanctified Shadowblade Gauntlets
    Belt: Belt of the Merciless Killer
    Legs: Sanctified Shadowblade Legplates
    Feet: Frostbitten Fur Boots
    Ring 1: Ashen Band of Endless Vengeance
    Ring 2: Band of the Bone Colossus
    Trinket 1: Tiny Abomination in a Jar
    Trinket 2: Herkuml War Token
    Weapon 1: Heaven's Fall, Kryss of a Thousand Lies
    Weapon 2: Lungbreaker
    Thrown: Gluth's Fetching Knife

If you need the non donor BiS list, also in my opinion, it would be this:

Head: Discarded Bag of Entrails
    Neck: Sindragosa's Cruel Claw
    Shoulders: Cultist's Bloodsoaked Spaulders
    Cloak: Drape of Icy Intent
    Chest: Ikfirus' Sack of Wonder
    Wrist: Toskk's Maximized Wristguards
    Gloves: Sanctified Shadowblade Gauntlets
    Belt: Vengeful Noose
    Legs: Sanctified Shadowblade Legplates
    Feet: Frostbitten Fur Boots
    Ring 2: Band of the Bone Colossus
    Trinket 1: Herkuml War Token
    Trinket 2: Tiny Abomination in a Jar
    Weapon 1: Heaven's Fall, Kryss of a Thousand Lies
    Weapon 2: Lungbreaker
    Thrown: Shrapnel Star

(the trinkets in here can be debated here tho, i find these most usefull for my spec)

__________________________________________________ _________________

Hope my guide helps =)

Regards, Blackstabeth

*NEWS ABOUT THE GUIDE AND MY ABSENCE*

Hello guys, this is just a little announcement about my absence and why I didn't reply to any of my PMs and questions and etc.

Well since my school requires a lot of my time and a total devotion from my side I have decided to stop playing games and have deleted them all so I don't get tempted until some longer period of holidays or something when I get some time (hoping they will close the school cause of the snow ^^)

I don't have time for anything regarding WoW, forums or generally games so I haven't been active anywhere and to all of you that sent me some questions either in a PM or in this thread I apologize for not responding, so please if you have any more questions post them in this thread and other helpful people will assist you since I no longer can...

This guide won't be so much up to date with new ICC drops and what not but you can still get the general idea about that to do and what to aim for, nor will it be updated to a cata guide, sorry...

Well that's all from me for now

Best Regards =)

2. June 7, 2017  
    Thanks for the guide i found it really helpful being someone who is new to WotLk

3. June 9, 2017  
    According to the EJ spreadsheet,the full BiS list looks like this:
    Head: Geistlord's Punishment Sack (Heroic)
    Neck: Sindragosa's Cruel Claw (Heroic)
    Shoulder: Cultist's Bloodsoaked Spaulders (Heroic)
    Back: Shadowvault Slayer's Cloak (Heroic)
    Chest: Ikfirus's Sack of Wonder (Heroic)
    Wrist: Umbrage Armbands (Heroic)
    Hands: Sanctified Shadowblade Gauntlets (Heroic)
    Waist: Astrylian's Sutured Cinch (Heroic)
    Legs: Sanctified Shadowblade Legplates (Heroic)
    Feet: Frostbitten Fur Boots (Heroic)
    Ring 2: Signet of Twilight (Heroic)
    Trinket 1: Tiny Abomination in a Jar (Heroic)/Whispering Fanged Skull (Heroic) - (I guess the WFS HC is for movement fights,while the TAiaJ is for tank&spank)
    Trinket 2: Sharpened Twilight Scale (Heroic)
    Mainhand: Heaven's Fall, Kryss of a Thousand Lies (Heroic)
    Offhand: Lungbreaker (Heroic)
    Ranged: Fal'inrush, Defender of Quel'thalas (Heroic)
    Main talent(51/18/2) link: http://shoot.tauri.hu/?talent#f0ec0e...0xV0xcZb:ITpcV (the two points in Quick Recovery can be put into Fleet Footed if you can hit your target from behind/side 100% of the time)
    Low geared talent(51/13/7) link: http://shoot.tauri.hu/?talent#f0ec0e...0xV0hZxb:ITpcV
    Glyph of ToT can be exchanged for Glyph of FoK for aoe damage when needed.
    It is beneficial(however rather hard in end-game gear) to pool you energy before a second Envenom if the previous one hasn't run out,but make sure that while pooling your energy you don't reach 100.
    If your tank has solid aggro and you have a second rogue(preferably another assa rogue with ToT glyph,simply because combat doesn't run that glyph),around the same gear/damage done of your own,you can exchange ToT with each other for bonus 15% damage done while it lasts - keep in mind this requires both of you using ToT on CD,if one of you lags you can easily overaggro your tank.

4. Just a little PVE Macro which will remind you to keep up Hunger for Blood.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast Hunger for Blood
    /in 60 /run PlaySound("LEVELUPSOUND")

5. @Arbiterone your link to builds doesn't work. Recommend you switch to https://www.dkpminus.com/wotlk-talent-calculator/ for their build calculator.
    Edited: November 12, 2017 Reason: added link