1. May 31, 2023  

Hybrid Moments For Warlocks?

I was just wondering as someone who played WoW a long time ago and who's now come back to the game only recently, and that's to do with the current gen spec guides for this class. It seems a person has basically two options, either Demonology or Affliction. Now to me this seems sort of unduly limiting, sort of like how a chess playing app would function, like you're just following the numbers in a predetermined set of circumstances to arrive at a predetermined outcome?

And so I was wondering if anyone hasn't worked out other hybrid spec variants for this class, and if so what were they like and how did they compare with the more established specs?

2. May 31, 2023  
    . .
    Edited: January 1, 2024

3. May 31, 2023  
    Depending on the guild you're in/after you're unlikely to ever get a spot playing anything but demo. And even demo it's only a single spot.
    Mainly because warlocks are numbers wise just considered "bad mages".
    The same applies to shamans, warriors, rogues and mages - play the meta spec or be ready to face severe backlash.

Hybrids are off even worse because unless they fill a very niche role they're just inferior to traditional specs. Even variants of "traditional" playstyles like spellhance don't really fix the underlying issue: This expansion is over a decade old and the math has been done for about as much time.

If you really want to experiment you either have a very solid guild/group of friends which won't mind you goofing around. Otherwise it's a recipe for disaster to not play the "considered best possible spec".