1. [UNOFFICIAL] Molten Launcher

I wrote this so that everything I would need to play WoW on Molten was right there at my fingertips; an all-in-one sort of deal. I wrote this in my own free time; it took me around 3 days. I've seen other launchers that have been released and believe this to be by far and away the best.

Basically, the program parses Molten's index.html and modifies it to fit certain needs.

If there are any features you guys would like to see in some sort of future release feel free to PM me or leave a comment, I will read both.

• News right from Molten
    • Server Statistics
    • Ability to change from Molten to retail (US and EU)
    • Direct link to voting panel
    • New forum posts to keep you up to date on the community
    • Multiple themes
    • In-App Updater

• News no longer show correctly because of new Molten HTML
    • Selecting your realmlist is very unintuitive at the moment

Code:

• Improved 'Options' menu for ease of use [PREVIEW]
      • This improvement should also fix issues with launching Cata; both Retail and Molten
    • Fixed an issue where after performing a Molten to Retail server switch the game would not launch
    • Fixed the 'Statistics' panel after a Molten HTML change
    • Servers are now stored as their own objects instead of arrays, resulting in less code clutter and increased app speed
    • Temporarily disabled theme swapping in app; can still be set via 'launcher.ini'
    • Fixed up the Cata .exe manipulation
    • Fixed the embedded 'Morpheus' font to now appear properly
    • Updated the 'Statistics' panel to include Greymane and Deepholm, as well as changed the look [PREVIEW]
    • Embedded the 'Morpheus' font for those who don't have it installed already
    • Fixed up the Cata .exe manipulation
    • Added multiple error checks
    • Added a downloader for Molten's custom 'WoW.exe' in order to connect to Cata servers
    • Re-enabled server statistics and implemented error checking so in the future even if it's disabled, it will still run
    • In order to reduce file size, the launcher downloads a copy of Molten's custom 'WoW.exe' from the Google Code server
    • Added an updater for easier access to the newest version [PREVIEW]
    • Added a 'Cata' and 'Wrath' button to the 'Main Menu' to quickly switch between versions
    • Added a border to the background for greater definition
    • Fixed an issue where the launcher only used the Cataclysm directory when pressing 'Play'
    • Temporarily disabled the 'Statistics' panel because Molten has taken it down
    • Added the ability to switch between Cataclysm and Wrath, for the release of Molten's Cataclysm server
    • The statistics panel can now be moved with the mouse wheel; implemented for ease of use
    • Re-wrote the way 'launcher.ini' information is stored/read
    • Settings are now saved in an .ini file so you can keep your settings through updates
    • General code cleanup
    • Added the ability to switch launcher themes (Found in the 'Options' menu; launcher restart is required)
    • Fixed multiple issues caused by Molten's new website layout
    • Added Ragnaros to the statistics panel
    • Rearranged the servers to keep consistency between the website and launcher
    • Due to the amount of servers the 'Statistics' panel is now scrollable; used by dragging it up or down
    • The 'Refresh' button now refreshes the news as well as the server statistics
    • Fixed an issue where the application would crash if a connection to Molten could not be made
    • Added an 'Exit' option to the tray icon
    • Fixed an error caused by a server being down ie. Not having any population or queue
    • Added a 'To Tray' button to the main menu
    • Fixed an 'IndexOutOfRange' error caused by new website code
    • Added a 'Refresh' button to the main menu that refreshes the server stats
    • Fixed the 'Options' and 'Community' buttons being 1 pixel too small causing it to blur slightly -.-"
    • Fixed the 'Options' and 'Browse' buttons hover image text being off-center
    • Re-made the 'Community' button to conform with the style of other buttons
    • Added a 'Community' feature [PREVIEW]
      • Shows forum posts from the last 24hrs
      • Includes a 'Vote' button (Must be logged in to Molten on your browser to vote)
      • Has links to both Facebook and Twitter just as you see on Molten's website
    • Added an 'About' button to 'Options' menu
    • Added options on what should be done with the program when the 'Play' button is pressed
    • Removed version number from the main menu title to the 'About' form
    • You can no longer click into forms which are not suppose to have focus
    • Fixed an error where Lordaeron server stats were the same as Warsong's
    • When clicking a link in the news area it will open that page in your browser
    • Changed the window name from 'Form1' to 'Molten Launcher'
    • Fixed buttons not showing the correct image when the mouse is hovering
    • Initial release

Props to Kkthnxbye for his amazing header image!!
    Be sure to check out his Cataclysm UI Work; hands down the sexiest UI to ever hit WoW

Download Links:

[REQUIRED]

[EXE]

Thesentinelx
    watch it get you banned by sentinel

3. looks awesome
    this is what i wanted to se
    if this rly works it could be moltens official launcher

4. would be nice if you include virustotal scan + md5 checksum...

5. C#

Updated .ZIP to include MD5 hash and included a link to the VirusTotal scan.

Fixed an error where Lordaeron server stats were the same as Warsong's

VirusTotal Scan - Clean

6. Last update for the next week, as I'll be gone and won't have access to Visual Studio.

- When clicking a link in the news area it will open that page in your browser
    - Changed the window name from 'Form1' to 'Molten Launcher'
    - Fixed buttons not showing the correct image when the mouse is hovering

Please leave your thoughts and suggestions :)

Andrewd
    Very cool launcher! Virus free. I am so using it.

Suggestion: Add a minimize to tray button. Would be cool to have it on tray and opening it when you need it.

Thanks.

8. Very cool launcher! Virus free. I am so using it.

Suggestion: Add a minimize to tray button. Would be cool to have it on tray and opening it when you need it.

Thanks.
    I will be leaving tomorrow morning for a week long vacation, so I won't be able to work on it until I return. This does sound like a good idea; I believe a refresh button would go nicely with that as well so that you can update the server stats when needed.

EDIT: Turns out that sending the app to the system tray is very simple and has been implemented; refreshing the data will take a bit more work. Expect an update sometime on 23rd.

9. I will be leaving tomorrow morning for a week long vacation, so I won't be able to work on it until I return. This does sound like a good idea; I believe a refresh button would go nicely with that as well so that you can update the server stats when needed.

Instead of parsing the center content (which clearly didn't work very well for you lol), use this with a black bg:
    Was made a while ago for someone elses launcher:
    https://www.molten-wow.com/launcher/news/

10. Instead of parsing the center content (which clearly didn't work very well for you lol), use this with a black bg:
    Was made a while ago for someone elses launcher:
    https://www.molten-wow.com/launcher/news/
    Thanks, that looks a bit better than just ripping off the molten.css and parsing the news. I still have to parse the index in order to get server stats, unless there is an easier way that you have set up.

Bricha2
    So does this acutually work reliably ... or?

12. So does this acutually work reliably ... or?
    Absolutely, I've even been using it myself. You can set your WoW directory in the options menu, whichever server you have selected when you press OK will be the one set to your realmlist. Play button just opens up 'wow.exe'. As far as I know it is bug free, unless someone tells me otherwise ;)

123 ... Last