1. May 18, 2016  

[Guide] Eternal Farming Guide

Eternal Farming Guide - WotLK

Legend~
    Push 'Ctrl + F' and search the following terms to skip to the relevant section
    • #n - Skip to the notes
    • #f - Skip to the 'fire' section
    • #a - Skip to the 'air' section
    • #l - Skip to the 'life' section
    • #w - Skip to the 'water' section
    • #s - Skip to the 'shadow' section
    • #e - Skip to the 'earth' section
    • #cc - Skip to the 'community contrubutions' section

Eternals are a crucial part of almost every high-end crafting profession, thus, it can be assumed
    that there is a high demand for them, this guide is meant to show you some places where you
    can farm each respective Eternal.

Based off another guide, tweaked for Warmane. My comments are bolded and in italics.

--------------
    NOTES
    --------------#n

1~ Herbalists can get good amount of Crystallized Life from Northrend Herbs (personal experience).

2~ Miners can get Crystallized Earth from mining nodes. Mining Saronite nodes give high amounts Crystallized Earth and Shadow, and I'm told that Titanium can drop all four types.
    (Thanks to firefox385 and Anodyne for this info)

3~ Fishers can get Crystallized Water from various fishing pools.
    (Thanks to Rykon for this info)

4~ You need 10x Crystallized Life to make an Eternal Life, the same is true for ALL variations.

5~ This was all carried out on the Sargeras (when it was a WotLK realm) realm, some inconsistencies might occur between different realms, depending on population and the time (peak-hour, low-hour) .

6~ This is by NO MEANS a be-all-and-end-all. You may have a place you prefer to farm at.

--------------
    Eternal Fire
    --------------
    #f

Flaming Revenants and Raging Flames are your targets.

When I was last out and about, there were no "Raging Flames" spawned where this picture indicates.

Seething Revenants and Wailing Winds are your targets.

Fortunately, Seething Revenants DO spawn, and they DO drop Crystallized Fire, but when you finish the reputation quest with The Sons of Hodir, they phase out. I cannot find a trace of these "Wailing Winds", you may have more luck. It seems their (Wailing Winds) drop rate was nerfed heavily in 3.3.5 anyhow.

--------------
    Eternal Air
    --------------
    #a

Tempest Revenants and Whispering Winds are your targets.

Storm Revenants are your target.

There are also mobs that drop Crystallized Water here.

Scions of Storm are your target.

--------------
    Eternal Life
    --------------
    #l

Living Lashers and Mature Lashers are your targets.

My personal favorite. You've got Crystallized Life out the wazoo here. Any form of AoE and you'll have a field of nice crispy plants ripe for the picking. Go crazy! The Mature Lashers spawn at the same location as the Living Lashers.

Herbalists: For my fellow Herbalists, you may find it easier/faster to go to Borean Tundra, and farm on the copious amounts of Goldclover.

--------------
    Eternal Water
    --------------
    #w

Water Revenants and Glacial Spirits are your targets.

I hope you're ready to go swimming. The water is thick with Glacial Spirits, and they'll be happy to fall to your blade. Or your staff, or claw or what-have-you. Oddly though, I only saw one Water Revenant while there, he did drop Crystallized Water however, so I'll add them.

Icebound Revenants are your target.

The Revenants are located on top of the mountain in the picture indicated. I saw a good amount while there, and they dropped Crystallized Water, so they're in!

Aqueous Spirits are your target.

You may recognize this area from the "Air" section, they are located alongside the Storm Revenants.

--------------
    Eternal Shadow
    --------------
    #s

Wandering Shadows and Shadow Revenants are your targets.

Lots of mobs here to farm, some minor competition as well. AoE seems to work quite nicely.

Deathbringer Revenants are your target.

The Revenants are located inside the cave as indicated in the picture, don't look for 15 minutes outside like I did.

--------------
    Eternal Earth
    --------------
    #e

Earthbound Revenants are your targets.

There are DOZENS of these guys. You should have no shortage of mobs to farm here.

--------------
    Community Contributions
    --------------
    #cc

From firefox385
    [...]Mining saronite nodes give high amounts crystalized earth and shadows as well. Mining titanium nodes can give crystalized fire as well[...]
    From Anodyne
    Titanium nodes should be able to give crystallized earth, air, fire, and water[...]
    From Maibe
    You can also get eternals if you are an engineer using the mote extractor in gas clouds[...]
    From BlackAdderx
    [...]You missed a major spot for farming eternal fire btw. Its in NW Borean Tundra
    From tastystew
    There are quite a few spots you missed, most notably the large amounts of 'Elemental' monsters below Bor'gorok Outpost. Features Raging Boiler (Crystallized Fire), Boiling Spirit (Crystallized Water), Enraged Tempest (Crystallized Air. They have absolutely godlike respawn rates and are great for farming, however it's relatively empty most of the times. Putting this here may make it more crowded :(

Brittle Revanants will appear once you are Exalted with Sons of Hodir, they respawn well, have less competition because many people don't bother questing for the Sons of Hodir rep. The spawn at Dun Nifflelem, same area as Seething REvanants and Stormforged Iron Giants. They drop Crystallized Earth.

Last but not least, Utgarde Keep, a fairly simple 5-man dungeon also have several mobs that drop Crystallized elements, I'm not sure which so I can't give details, but they did drop something.
    From Rykon
    [...]you may also refer at the Top Notes that Fishing at pools all over northrend also is a good way to gain Crystallized Water[...]
    --------------

I no longer play WotLK, feel free to keep using this guide, but it will no longer be updated by me.

-Happy farming,
    Schrii

2. May 18, 2016  
    Wailing Winds do spawn but spawn to a cave more to the west. The spawn time is pretty insane on them but after clearing the whole cave 2-3 times I only had one crystallized fire.. It was nerfed like you said.

3. 1 Week Ago  
    The seething revenants got phased out also after the Daily