This my first guide to write,i hope i cover all parts of guide

This guide contains:

#1 Introduction
    #2 Spec and Glyphs
    #3 Gear,Gems and Enchants
    #4 Rotation and Spells
    #5 Role in raids

Introduction:
    I want to introduce you in Restoration Shamans in PVE, most likely you will see people are asking for restoration shamans in raids, most of people think it is cause Bloodlust (Heroism) but real need of Restoration Shamans in raids are capability of healing multiple targets at the same time providing raid with totem buffs, carrying high amount of healing done and as far as i know Restoration Shamans can do biggest HPS along with Restoration Druids. To sum up every successful raid needs restoration shaman.

Spec and Glyphs:
    You could talk whole day about right spec for restoration shamans,in truth there is no best spec or bad spec ( ofc you can always fail much ;)) Here i want to run you trough some must have talents in order to get your shaman do healing job properly.

First i want to start with talents that are not in restoration tree, those talents are in enhancment tree

Ancestral Knowledge 5/5 Increase your intelligence by 10% (filler and nice int boost)
    Improved Shields 3/3 Improves your Earth Shield healing done and provides more mana from Water shields (must have 100%)
    Thundering Strikes 2/5 or 5/5 provides with additional critical strike (u must be asking why 2/5 or 5/5 and i will get to that point later,cause its for advanced players)
    Elemental Weapons 3/3 increase healing bonus of your Earthliving Weapon Enchant

Now i will get to the Restoration tree part
    Improved Healing Wave 5/5 reduces cast time of healing wave no argue with that talent
    Tidal Focus 5/5 Reduces mana cost of your healing spells and filler
    Improved Water Shield 3/3 Must have
    Healing Focus 3/3 Yes u will get pushback in loads of situations in pve, especially in ICC
    Tidal Force 1/1 Not obligatory but it comes in handy sometimes
    Ancestral Healing this talent gives me hard time to decide,i don't use it at all since i raid only with guild,and i find it useless but it might come in handy in pug raids and i advise you to take 3/3 points for that
    Restorative Totems 3/3 Must have, Healing stream totem is very nice in 25 man raids,and mana totem provides you with nice mana boost in 10 mans
    Tidal Mastery 5/5 additional critical for healing spells very nice talent
    Nature Swiftness 1/1 Comes in handy when u need to heal someone really fast
    Healing Wave not really obligatory i use 3/3 since i most likely end healing Valithria Dreamwalker in raids,and it really helps me,but you don't really need 3 points there
    Purification 5/5 must have no argue with that
    Mana Tide Totem 1/1 Must have too,it will save you loads of times of getting oom
    Cleanse Spirit 1/1 not really must have but it comes in handy when you are only one to Cleanse
    Next talents are must have and every restoration spec uses these:
    Blessing of the Eternals 2/2
    Improved Chain Heal 2/2
    Nature's Blessing 3/3 yes
    Ancestral Awakening 3/3
    Earth Shield 1/1
    Improved Earth Shield 2/2
    Tidal Waves 5/5
    Riptide 1/1

Now i want to talk about Glyphs,and there is loads of shaman glyphs that are useless,but i wont bother about those,i ll just name few glyphs that u should use
    Major:
    1. Glyph of Chain Heal your chain heals heal additional target its must have glyph
    2. Glyph of Healing Stream Totem additional healing for your HST
    3. Well 3rd glyph is optional,you can go for Earthliving or Earth Shield i would advise to use Glyph of Earth Shield,since i tested both and i got better results for Earth Shield glyph

Minor:
    1. Glyph of Water Shield (adds additional orb)
    2. Glyph of Reincarnation (no reagent needed)
    3. Glyph of Ghost wolf or Glyph of Water walking your choice,doesn't really change alot

Gear:

Now I want to speak about gear and stats u want for your restoration Shaman. 4/5 t10.5 Restoration Shaman set bonus is your goal, with that bonus your healing done will get really boosted, I advise you to go Head,Shoulder,Chest,Hands set items and legs as offset item. You ask why legs offset? It is really simple,leatherworking provides you with best in slot item that doesnt require token to upgrade to 264 lvl item,and it doesnt cost so much. http://www.openwow.com/?item=49900Lightening Infused Leggings.
    Now lets talk about accessories
    Neck: http://www.openwow.com/?item=50182 Blood Queen's Crimson Choker (Blood Queen 25 or weekly quest from icc,or loads of money on AH)
    Back: http://www.openwow.com/?item=50205 Frostbinder's Shredded Cape Valithria Dreamwalker 25 mode
    Bracer: http://www.openwow.com/?item=50030 Bloodsunder's Bracers Rotface 25 mode
    Waist:http://www.openwow.com/?item=50015 Deathbringer Saurfang 25 man or AH (it is BoE)
    Feet: http://www.openwow.com/?item=49896 Leatherworking ICC recipe
    Ring #1: http://www.openwow.com/?item=50400 Exalted with Ashen Verdict
    Ring #2 :http://www.openwow.com/?item=49967 Marrowgar 25 or AH (it is BoE)
    Trinket #1: http://www.openwow.com/?item=50358 Emblem of Frost Vendor (60 EoFs)
    Trinket #2: Silver of Pure Ice (marrowgar 10 man) or Sollace of the Fallen (Lord Jaraxxsus 25) both trinkets are great,but i would go for sollace
    Weapon: http://www.openwow.com/?item=50028 Rotface 25 Mode
    Shield: http://www.openwow.com/?item=49976 Lord Marrowgar 25 mode
    Totem: Totem Of Calming Tides (cant find link but its item from Emblem of Triumph Vendor)

Here we come to stats that u want on your gear: Spellpower, Haste, Crit, Mp5 and that is the order u should look for stats, you dont need to much mp5 since u use 2 mana trinkets and few items gives you mp5 only,so dont stack mp5 like noob.Spellpower 1st ofc since it is engine of healing.

Gems:
    Red Socket: 23 Spellpower (Runed Cardinal Ruby) or 12 Spellpower 10 Haste (Reckless Ametrine)
    Yellow Socket: 12 Spellwpoer 10 haste (Reckless Ametrine)
    Blue Socket: 10 Haste +5 Mana per 5 secs (Energized Eye of Zul)
    Meta: +21 Critical Strike and chance to restore mana on spellcast ( Insightful Earthsiege Diamond)

Lets Speak about enchants now,there is no really alot of choice when it comes to enchants

Enchants:

Head: 30 spellpower 20 critical strike (Kirin tor quartmaster) or 30 spellpower and 10 mana per 5 seconds (wyrmrest accord quartmaster)
    Shoulders:18 spellpower 10 critical strike or 18 spellpower 5 mana per 5 seconds (both are from Sons of Hodir quartmaster)
    Cloak: No doubt +23 Haste enchant
    Chest: There is 3 enchants for chest that would work very fine +10 stats, +275 mana or +10 mana per 5 seconds your choice really
    Bracers: No discussion 30 spellpower
    Hands: Same as bracers, no argue with 28 spellpower
    Waist: Eternal Belt Buckle for additional Socket
    Legs: Brilliant Spellthread +50 Spellpower and + 20 Spirit
    Feets: Ok i would go here for weird enchant cuz,there is no resto shamana feet enchant available,so i would go for Icewakler (+12 Hit and +12 Critical Strike), it will add additional Critical Strike,hit is uselesss indeed,but 12 crit>22 spirit>22 stamina>15 stamina+speed
    Weapon: +63 Spellpower only one worthy
    Shield: +25 Intellect

Rotation and Spells:
    Ofcourse there isn't any strict healer rotation,but you must do to some things right in order go get maximum from your Shaman. Lets Start with Lesser Healing Wave (LWH in furder guide)
    I find this skill useless in PVE. Why? Well its lesser healing wave :) heals very low,cant really help anyone in danger inside icc, for x1,75 mana cost u can heal for x2.3, ofcourse u can use it in 5 man dungeons where is good enough,but i still find it useless.

Healing Wave (further HW) When it comes to single target healing HW is the way,i also advise to try use it after Riptide. Why? Tidal Waves talent proc, lowers casting time of HW really good,and in my case it goes under .9 sec which is really fast and strong heal. This skill will allow you to heal single targets really hard even if its not your assignment for single target healing,there will be always exceptions.

Chain Heal (further CH) Yes most valuable and most unique spell that Restoration Shaman has, it is carrying all your healing done it heals 3 targets in 1 wave (4 with glyph) each wave heals less,but it doesn't matter so much since it gives you great AoE healing power. No matter what encounter in icc you are healing you should have 55%+ healing done in your chain heals,and yes i advise you to spam CH whenever you can :)

Riptide Single target heal,which really doesnt heal so much by itself,but it is really important cause of few things, it places HOT (healing over time) on target which is consumed by CH casted on same target,it provides you with 20% Spell Haste and lowers cast time of HW, so yes use it whenever is off cd

Earth Shield use on Main Tank no argue with that,except there is more Restoration Shamans in raid,then u use on OT or some caster DPS to reduce pushback on that target

Keep Water Shield up,and Earthliving Weapon

Cleanse on need not really your job,but it comes in handy

What totems to use?
    Strenght of Earth Totem or Tremor Totem (if boss casts fear)
    Flametongue Totem or Frost Ressistance Totem (if there is ele shaman in raid with wrath totem)
    Mana Spring Totem in 10 man and Healing Stream Totem in 25 man
    Wrath Of Air totem anycase

Role in Raids:

Now lets talk about what others expect from you in raids,like i already said Restoration Shamans arent single target healers your job is to keep raid alive and to do that just keep up with chain heals :) Another very important role of Restoration Shaman as any shaman in raid is right time to cast Bloodlust (Heroism) in most cases its when boss is down to 50% hp,but in particular situations like example Professor Putricide its when 3rd phase starts and etc, mostly wait for raid leader to ask for BL,dont waste it in some stupid situation eg. when Anub A'rak goes underground u pop BL -.-' not pro at all :)

I hope I covered all things u wanted to know or you was not so sure,if you have some questions reply in thread I ll be gladly answering if i know ofc :)

Shockex Frostwolf EU guild Eminence

onFIRE
    actually earth shield is kind pointless in pve raiding spec because it heals really not much % of all your healing:rolleyes:
    check my spec
    about gems and gear get as more as possible haste in other words: haste>>>>all other stats
    about totems: earth always use stoneskin totem, if no dk in raid/group use strenght of earth totem or tremor (if boss have fear), fire: use Flametongue Totem, if there is ele in raid NEVER use flametongue then frost resist or nothink, water: always use mana, if there is other shaman you can use healing(or he can), wind: use wrath of air totem, but if there is other shaman in raid and he is not enh use windfury totem.

3. Yeah thats why my Earth Shield has 8% of my all healing done in raids,cuz its pointless :)

Also i have tried stacking haste,and it simply cant suck more, u have to find real balance with sp and haste,when i gemmed 12 sp 10 haste in all red/yellow slots i found out real power of healing here is the screenshoot of my hps with haste gems

prettymuch nice,but when i changed to sp+haste gems and adjusted my spec i did 12895 hps,sadly i forgot to take screenshoot of last week's Blood Queen Lana'thel but i find it quite improved,but yes i agree u would have to have 1k+ haste

There is my current spec and gear,i am only missing DFO to complete my hybrid resto spec

http://armory.molten-wow.com/charact...kex/Frostwolf/

probata97
    Rofl fail guide! Nab shaman!
    Worst one! <33333

onFIRE
    Yeah thats why my Earth Shield has 8% of my all healing done in raids,cuz its pointless :)

Also i have tried stacking haste,and it simply cant suck more, u have to find real balance with sp and haste,when i gemmed 12 sp 10 haste in all red/yellow slots i found out real power of healing here is the screenshoot of my hps with haste gems

prettymuch nice,but when i changed to sp+haste gems and adjusted my spec i did 12895 hps,sadly i forgot to take screenshoot of last week's Blood Queen Lana'thel but i find it quite improved,but yes i agree u would have to have 1k+ haste

There is my current spec and gear,i am only missing DFO to complete my hybrid resto spec

http://armory.molten-wow.com/charact...kex/Frostwolf/
    well i had done more and even with lower gear than yours(13,5k hps at bq 10man then solo healed 50~% other healer dc) healing belongs not only from your gear,skills it belongs and from other healers (other healers nabs you got more hps, because got more job) so just your matters show means nothink.. soft haste cap for resto shaman is 1269 or 38,7% (i don't say you must get it) and more sp is not really good thing because more sp, more healing, more overhealing..
    about earth shield in best ways at icc do like 5% maybe it's just for me.

6. I m not here to argue who did more hps (tho i dont wanna trust you for 13,5k on 10man without screenshoot) i wrote this short guide for people that are about to start pve restoration shaman,and this is only like 10% of what u need to know and do with restoration shaman. And yes again every single restoration shaman who knows what is he doing will tell you that you failed with not having Earth Shield

About haste,if u stack too much haste u simply wont be able keep casting properly, i have 1035 passive haste + 220 on totem proc,which i keep 100% of the fight,and its just enough, on my ele spec when i get full procs i get 1955 haste and its impossible to dps with that much haste.

And yes i am sure perfect balance is gems with sp and haste,u wont goo too much sp or too much haste

Bayleef
    few things

- improved earth shield is bugged, dont spend points on it

- why healing stream totem glyph when it heals for about less than 300 per tick, you do know that last rank is not scaling with sp right? ...

- best legs are actually the tailoring ones, Leggings of Woven Death (more haste)

- gems: haste in all except reds if you are near the soft cap 12sp+10 haste, no point in gemming pure sp as it will be mostly overhealing. stats priority is always haste > crit > sp > mp5

- totem, best totem is situational, triumph one for fights like twins fester or bql, other fights the 264 is better.

- same with weapon, trauma for twins fester or bql, wrathful dagger or battered hilt mace for the rest

8. So u want to say Hit rating is good for restoration shaman? You obviously dont know what are you talking about,if it gives few more haste points and give ****load of hit,which u dont need?

I didnt write these things just randomly,or copied from another site,this guide is for molten shamans,and i tested Healing Stream totem alot, without glyph it was 17% of my heals when i glyphed it incresead to 25% so Glyph is must have for 25man raids

And you obviously underestimate spellpower, what is point of having huge amount of haste when your heals heal like virgin, even crit over sp? I am starting to think u are trolling my thread.

I have tested most of totems available, Totem Of Claiming tides aka EoT totems is very good totem,even better than 264 lvl one,cuz it has almost same amount of spellpower procing,but its easier to proc it

Atm i am using 264 lvl totem for Elemental spec,and i keep it all the way during boss fight with simple target focus macro

Yet again mistake with weapon, Trauma is bis (altough i am not sure about its 100% working since low proc chance) but if u wont use trauma Lockjaw is way better solution than wratful dagger

P.S i would still 2/2 Improved earth shield than to lower your reinc cooldown, since charges bonus are working,tho healing isnt,so its not big deal anyway

onFIRE
    [B][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]
    I didnt write these things just randomly,or copied from another site,this guide is for molten shamans,and i tested Healing Stream totem alot, without glyph it was 17% of my heals when i glyphed it incresead to 25% so Glyph is must have for 25man raids
    how the **** this even possible? i mean it heals like 50 every 2s and heals only your group members(5 ppl max)... http://www.wowwiki.com/Healing_Stream_Totem or there is some new shamans bug which i don't know, because didn't played at molten with shaman for like 2-3months

10. Exactly where your story of haste>spellpower ends

"Healing Stream Totem gains a benefit from the caster's healing spell power, greatly increasing its effect. When used by a Restoration shaman at higher levels, the contribution from spell power will increase the healing done by the totem to roughly ten times the base values. The totem used to use the spell power that the caster had at the time of casting for the full duration, but now adjusts it's output depending on on whatever buffs the shaman has at any particular moment, including temporary boosts such as activated trinkets or Flametongue Totem. Prebuffing to drop this totem is no longer required. "

So do maths :)

Thou i think it might be bugged somehow too that is healing whole raid not only party,i should test that

Bayleef
    Uhm what? http://www.wowwiki.com/Leggings_of_Woven_Death where is the hit?

You should read more guides before even make one actually, picking the ch totem for fights you dont have to spam ch is obv a bad choice, same as the weapon.-

Like I said, last rank of HS totem is bugged , with a bit more than 3500BH it ticks for 200, do you think that's worth spending 1 glyph slot when you have better options?

You like to gem sp (lol bad) but you still prefer a weapon with MP5 and less SP than the wrathful one? ....

Anyway, read more guides about gear selection and stats because you obviously need to learn some stuff. And Im done arguing with a ch spammer, lols.

12. Yeah i tough u were talking about boots,which do have hit rating,sry bout that.But i still think Leatherworking is bis, +8 haste from tailoring legs are +8 crit that leatherworkering gives,and not to mention that tailoring legs looks terribad on shaman :)

I dont gem pure sp either i gem 12 sp 10 haste which i found best,since i spend thousands of gold for gems to check what gems give me best performance

And this is pve guide any pve stat>resillience even if it gives bit lower stats,since ressilience is pure waste in pve correct me if i am wrong.

about totem, u would rather spam 3 riptides to proc your totem,than 1 chain heal,with almost same amount of bonus spellpower and time?

Healing Stream Totem
    Shaman Bugs: Working As Designed
    Severity: Normal

onFIRE
    Exactly where your story of haste>spellpower ends

"Healing Stream Totem gains a benefit from the caster's healing spell power, greatly increasing its effect. When used by a Restoration shaman at higher levels, the contribution from spell power will increase the healing done by the totem to roughly ten times the base values. The totem used to use the spell power that the caster had at the time of casting for the full duration, but now adjusts it's output depending on on whatever buffs the shaman has at any particular moment, including temporary boosts such as activated trinkets or Flametongue Totem. Prebuffing to drop this totem is no longer required. "

So do maths :)

Thou i think it might be bugged somehow too that is healing whole raid not only party,i should test that
    ok let's count it do 25 per tick without nothink with 3.3k sp it would be 297,91 (formule from wowhead 25 + (SP * 0.0827) +45% from talent(45%) = 431,9695 + glyph(20%) = 518,3634
    which means every 2s you heal 2591,817 and it is 1295,9085 hps (and it is whithout over healing) or you heal in raids for 5,1k hps(which would be around 25% of you totem) or it's some bug

14. Actually 25% wouldnt be 5,1k hps it would be 2.6k but i agree with your other maths
    My BH is 3,7k selfbuffed without procs,and it goes rly alot up when buffed and with sp procs.

And yes when i look it this way its weird that it heals so much,it must be some "good" bug,and totem is affecting whole raid not only party

I ll check that in next 25 man raid i attend which would be icc25 on tuesday most likely :)

tomtomz

About haste,if u stack too much haste u simply wont be able keep casting properly, i have 1035 passive haste + 220 on totem proc,which i keep 100% of the fight,and its just enough, on my ele spec when i get full procs i get 1955 haste and its impossible to dps with that much haste.
    Besides the fact that this doesn't make any sense, with a heal that has a base case time of 2.5 seconds, adding more haste won't affect how you cast it.

As it stands right meow (Fully haste gems), my Chain Heal crits for a max of 24k in ICC. Adding more spellpower to that will just contribute to overhealing done. I find that it is more beneficial to be able to drop more Chain Heals to top more people off.

123 ... Last