hpbaxxter456
    is this working for WotLK, too?

2. is this working for WotLK, too?
    Yes, this addon primarily for WotLK, if you read in the main post.
    I wasn't going to do cataclysm, but seeing as though 4.0.6a didn't support it, I decided to release it for 4.0.6a because gladiatorlossa hadn't supported it yet.
    I did however update it for 4.3.4, but seeing as it's lost popularity for cata users and no one has reported a single bug yet for it, I've lost motivation in development of the addon.

3. Well im about to try it on 4.3.4. I tried the galdiotor but i cant get to its config and it warns about every spell used on bg. I hope this one works ill try it tonight and test it a bit, ty for making this.

4. Well im about to try it on 4.3.4. I tried the galdiotor but i cant get to its config and it warns about every spell used on bg. I hope this one works ill try it tonight and test it a bit, ty for making this.
    Make sure you have target and focus only option selected in battlegrounds, type /sa, and it should be at the top of each spell category

5. I played one bg and did as u said. It was not loud enough so ill turn it up tomorrow. I think it did well. I need to play some more bgs and arena to see it fully in action. Im not the greatest player due to lack of time and crapy pc and gear so dont expect any pro bug reports from me but if i notice smthn ill let u know.
    :D

6. Btw, trolol, That TextAlerter addon, is there a wotlk version of it?

7. THANK YOU SO MUCH YOU ARE A TRUE GOD.

This is going to be quite helpful seeing as how we don't have 1/16 of the arena/PvP addons for this server.

8. I have just one bug to report. I chose the target and focus only where ever i could click it. But for some reason when im not targeting anyone or have no one near me on bg i hear from time to time some skill like keltherd ( i hear it like that). Not sure what it is, other than that it works just fine. :cool:

mryumyum
    could you give me the name of the voice program you used to make the sounds? i'd like to add some spells like chaos bolt/VT/UA
    love the addon btw

10. I did however update it for 4.3.4, but seeing as it's lost popularity for cata users and no one has reported a single bug yet for it, I've lost motivation in development of the addon.
    That is because there are none tbh....Been using it for months and not a single issue :)

11. I have just one bug to report. I chose the target and focus only where ever i could click it. But for some reason when im not targeting anyone or have no one near me on bg i hear from time to time some skill like keltherd ( i hear it like that). Not sure what it is, other than that it works just fine. :cool:
    No idea what that could be. If you enable target and focus only it also has alerts if the destination of the spell was to yourself eg. if you aren't targeting anyone and someone casts hammer of justice, it will say 'hammer of justice'.

could you give me the name of the voice program you used to make the sounds? i'd like to add some spells like chaos bolt/VT/UA
    love the addon btw
    The voice is Neospeech - Julie (female)

That is because there are none tbh....Been using it for months and not a single issue :)
    Oh, that's great to hear, thanks.

Nastaygurl

Adding Spells

The 39 twink community has exploded on Lordareon.

I am currently working thru updating spell ranks and spells relevant to this level but not to end game.

The how-to add spells is not sufficient. I had already added my spells to spelllist as well as soundalerter. At first I had a few bugs related to forgetting a comma. I fixed those and now it seems the bugs are coming from not updating the second half of the soundalerter lua.

I have little coding experience but I have maintained addons like this one for specific twink level ranges. I don't usually run into the problems that I'm having with this addon, but I realize it's a little more in depth.

I would be open to discussing this either on the forum or on Skype. Skype would be more efficient but on the forum it would be there for others who might have a similar difficulty down the road.

Thanks, and I hope you see this!

13. I've just released a new update on Github, download the new update here.
    It will need testing though. I currently don't have a stable internet connection enough to test the addon properly.

Summary of the new update for SoundAlerter 3.3.5a (link):
    • Added custom sound additions for players to add their own sound alerts ingame
    • Redone spell detection for all spell types
    • Added some more spell IDs to spelllist
    • Added AceLocale and enUS locales
    • Menu will now be in it's own lua file
    • Modified chat alert system - may be re-written again to function like custom sound alerts
    • Initial code base on exporting and importing custom sound settings (needs fixing at the moment)

14. May 4, 2014  
    New SoundAlerter for 3.3.5a version out
    Download the update here

Summary of changes (link):
    • Initial implementation of custom chat alerts
    • Add option to detect spell name for a custom alert
    • Add SPELL_DAMAGE to custom events
    • Some locale fixes

Preview of a custom chat alert:

First ... 101819202122 ... Last