rcgn
    This sounds epiccc. Can't believe I've ignored this thread for this long.
    Just one question, how does it work when you're in BGs? Or 3v3 arena. Like does it only alert with sound the player you're targetting, or will it just spam over?

The demonstration videos didn't really show that since they were dueling

Citlalpol
    This sounds epiccc. Can't believe I've ignored this thread for this long.
    Just one question, how does it work when you're in BGs? Or 3v3 arena. Like does it only alert with sound the player you're targetting, or will it just spam over?

It will alert you to anyone popping one of the CDs it tracks so long as they are within a certain range of you. They do not have to be your target. It can be rather "overwhelming" in something like AV but, that's why there are options to only track certain events.

3. This sounds epiccc. Can't believe I've ignored this thread for this long.

Pretty much what Citlalpol said
    I will see what I can do with targeting/range options.

Update of chat alert look:

* Cleaned a bit of code, added Spell linking to chat alert system

By the way, any suggestions of spells you want on the chat alert system, how you want it to look like, etc?

rcgn
    Yup thanks guys, I tried it in a BG and it was a bit of an overload of panic but disabled it for BG and so far its been sickkk.

Such a great addon thanks man !!

5. Yup thanks guys, I tried it in a BG and it was a bit of an overload of panic but disabled it for BG and so far its been sickkk.

Hiya rcgn,
    Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to add 2 functions in the next commit:

1. Sound Alerts on Target only
    Sound alerts for your selected target only
    2. All enemies in range
    Sound alerts for all enemies in range
    (you can only select one of the above 2)

Will post updates here as soon as I'm finished testing

Edit:
    10/10/2011
    Add Sound Alerts on Target only and All enemies in range options to the addon

6. it's just like spell alerter but with sounds.
    Yup, which can make you alot more aware.

Citlalpol
    Yup thanks guys, I tried it in a BG and it was a bit of an overload of panic but disabled it for BG and so far its been sickkk.

Yea there is a bit of a learning curve to it even in something like 2v2 as you're just not used to hearing something like that. It doesn't take a long time to get used to though depending on where you're using it. Using it in a BG will probably take the longest time to get familiar with.

Hiya rcgn,

This sounds like a pretty neat feature especially for people that have never used it before. Thank you for adding it and obviously for making any of it work with this patch in the first place lol.

rcgn
    Hiya rcgn,

1. Sound Alerts on Target only
    Sound alerts for your selected target only
    2. All enemies in range
    Sound alerts for all enemies in range
    (you can only select one of the above 2)

Will post updates here as soon as I'm finished testing

Edit:
    10/10/2011
    Awesome :D That's sick thanks a lot man. I'll update mine tomorow when arena resets :D
    altho I think i'll only be having target only in BGs and world. :)

9. Awesome :D That's sick thanks a lot man. I'll update mine tomorow when arena resets :D
    altho I think i'll only be having target only in BGs and world. :)
    No problem, I will probably using the function for that too

Here's an update of the Chat Alert menu look:

Will upload it as soon as I can get into Sargeras and finish testing

Todays updates:

11/10/11
    *Add Party, say and client only options to chat alerts. Add input for interrupts and spell casting. Clean some code
    *Add sponsors LUA and add it to soundalerter.toc

10. Really stupid question but kinda confused ion your forum post and wondering if ths is the actual link to download the addon? https://github.com/trolololol/SoundAlerter-3.3.5a

11. Really stupid question but kinda confused ion your forum post and wondering if ths is the actual link to download the addon? https://github.com/trolololol/SoundAlerter-3.3.5a
    Hiya,
    The Github site has recently changed the look of it's site.
    That is the actual link, click on the ZIP icon to download it, or click "Downloads" and click "Download as zip".
    Once Downloaded, the folder inside the zip will be something like "trolololol-SoundAlerter-3.3.5a-xxxxx" unzip that folder somewhere, and open it for the SoundAlerter folder
    Copy over the SoundAlerter folder to your wow folder/interface/addons

12. Hey I found the name of the original voice synthesizer is Neospeech Julie.
    Yeah, I've added most of the Neospeech Julie sounds on to the addon, and replaced it with most of the old ones

Also could you add Arena Drinking? I found out this doesn't work, very important for arenas. Perhaps you could add the alert for it as "Enemy Drinking!" as that sounds the best and is more easily recognizable than just plain "drinking".

I actually am not sure if you got this already. I am still using your first public release lol.
    At the moment I have removed the Alert Drinking, but am working on to re-implement it, as I haven't had much opportunity to test it. I'm pretty much done, but just need to clarify testing it

13. Updates:
    * Optimized some code
    * Implemented drinking in arena sound alerts (it should work, although I haven't had the opportunity to test it)
    * Modified Drinking.mp3 to say "Enemy Drinking" (Thanks Neoxide)
    * Remove some of the code in SoundAlerter.lua and add it in defaults.lua

14. i dont know if a new version added this but a lot of disc priests n such would probably love feral berserk announce for them and their partners xD

EDIT: ps.. my favorite addon ever, and my pos computer can run it fine :D [unlike bartender :( lol]

15. i dont know if a new version added this but a lot of disc priests n such would probably love feral berserk announce for them and their partners xD

EDIT: ps.. my favorite addon ever, and my pos computer can run it fine :D [unlike bartender :( lol]
    Thanks for the suggestion, I'll see if I can implement it.

------------------
    Recent update:

* Fixed Enemy drinking alerts for enemies only

--------------
    Also, if someone want's the voices translated and working for their language, please do some recordings of spells (you can record spells off Text to Speech engines such as neospeech.com)
    also let me know what the spell name is and I can implement a locale for your language.

First ... 2345614 ... Last