1. [Addon] SoundAlerter for 3.3.5a & 4.3.4

SoundAlerter is an addon that alerts players via sound when enemies are casting or have used certain abilities as well as a tracker for when abilities have worn off (eg. divine shield down, deterrence down)
    Originally formed from the idea of GladiatorLosSA, a Cataclysm addon which has just under 2 million downloads. Well known icons such as Swifty use this addon

• Alerts you when enemies have casted special abilities
    • Supports Customisation of where you want the addon enabled.
    • Supports a "Target and Focus only" option (to avoid spamming in Battlegrounds)
    • The "Target and Focus only" option also will alert you if debuffs that have afflicted you from players that aren't your target or focus
    • The Addon has English and Spanish sounds. If you want to contribute, PM me or notify me in this thread
    • Supports Chat alerts in party, arena and BG.
    • Supports custom sound and chat alerts for arena partners when they're CC'd
    • Supports highest rank spells only for the time being, if you need spells added that are lower ranks, please PM me

Slash commands
    Slash commands for SoundAlerter will be /soundalerter, /salerter, or /sa (provided SpellAlerter or SunnArt isn't enabled)

Download

3.3.5a(WoTLK, updated 20/02/2015) - at Github

1. Click on the ZIP image
    2. Extract the SoundAlerter folder (inside the SoundAlerter-3.3.5a-master folder) from zip archive to your WoW folder/Interface/Addons/

4.3.4 (Cataclysm, updated 02/06/2013) - at Google Code

1. Under the File Name/Download Packages, Click SoundAlerter.zip
    2. Extract the SoundAlerter Folder into your WoW folder/Interface/Addons/

Frequently Asked Questions:

Spoiler: Show

How do I update the addon?
    1. If an update is mentioned on the forum, the easiest way to update the addon is by deleting the SoundAlerter folder in your wow folder/interface/addons- make sure you have saved any mp3s, etc that you have added
    2. Download the addon again and place it where the old folder was

Help! The addon doesn't work!
    If the addon doesn't work, Make sure:
    1. You have downloaded the addon properly (no corrupt archives)
    2. Clicked Zip and fully have downloaded the zip archive
    3. Unzipped the SoundAlerter folder (inside the trololol-SoundAlerter3.3.5a-master folder) into your WoW folder/Interface/Addons/
    4. Made sure it's enabled on your addon list, on your character selection screen, bottom left
    5. If it's enabled, log in the game and type /soundalerter
    6. If nothing comes up, let me know

I hate ingame sound when listening to music! How can I enable JUST the addon's sound?
    1. Type /salerter, or /sa
    2. On the main menu, click the "Addon Sounds Only button"

Okay /soundalerter shows up a menu, but the sound alerts aren't working!
    1. Make sure you have your WoW sound effects are on, volume turned up, and WoW and windows/mac sounds unmuted
    2. The highest rank spells work at the time being, if your enemy is lower than level 80, there's a high chance you won't be able to hear sound alerts. Spell IDs are different per rank in Wrath of the Lich King.
    3. Try pasting in this:
    /run local f = CreateFrame("frame",nil, UIParent); f:SetScript("OnUpdate", CombatLogClearEntries);
    4. If that didn't work, check your sound options, and refer to the question above

How do I add my own sounds/recordings to the addon?
    1. Make sure that the spell is listed on SoundAlerter.
    2. Record in mp3 format.
    3. Place your recordings inside the CustomSounds folder, and replace the default mp3s with your recordings.
    4. Restart WoW if you haven't already.
    5. Type '/sa' ingame and open Custom Sounds menu
    Edited: April 2, 2018

2. Are the sounds the same one as GladiatorLosSA and is this safe to try on molten cuz of santiel thingy :D ?

3. Its a great addon and it helps alot but dont take this personaly I dont see any fun in some voice telling you what cd poped your enemy.
    I prefer to see it myself and counter it ,it takes more skill.
    This will get you just lazy :)

4. Are the sounds the same one as GladiatorLosSA and is this safe to try on molten cuz of santiel thingy :D ?

Yes, the sounds are the same as GladiatorLosSA, and addons aren't subject to Sentinel as Blizzard has a built in LUA functions limiter. As you can see in my screenshots :)

Its a great addon and it helps alot but dont take this personaly I dont see any fun in some voice telling you what cd poped your enemy.
    I prefer to see it myself and counter it ,it takes more skill.
    This will get you just lazy :)
    Well that's the beauty of addons, they make you lazy lol

5. Update: if anyone is experiencing problems with the addon (such as theres no alerts)
    although I haven't had any problems yet, I know that combat logs can bug up.
    To fix this, first
    1. Make sure the addon is enabled, an english client, and see if /soundalerter will bring up options.
    2. make sure you have your sound effects on and volume up
    3. Try pasting in this:
    /run local f = CreateFrame("frame",nil, UIParent); f:SetScript("OnUpdate", CombatLogClearEntries);

If that doesn't work, try pasting in /script CombatLogClearEntries()

Soggydoughnuts
    Nice!
    I can now use this instead of having powerauras just making the noises from the 4.2 addon when the spells are cast! :D

-Donuts

7. I was actually in the process of doing this, halfway done, recorded my own voice for sounds. But I tell you, thanks. This is much better than the version I was doing.

8. Holy crap. Thanks man. Will let you know if I encounter bugs. Keep working at it! :D

EDIT: first thing I noticed - you misspelled "Friendly Interrupts" in the options window :p (it's written as "Freindly")
    Whoops, didn't spot that. Thanks, I'll fix that quick :)
    And also, thanks for the nice comments, I added a brief howto if anyone wants to add an additional spell to the addon if anyone wants to have a go at adding some. (i don't really know what else there is needed, but certain spells you might want, heck you can probably use it for boss fights)

Faabs
    I'm already hearing rave reviews about this in game from multiple people. You are gonna be a popular guy shamwoww

10. Where did you add that?

You also misspelled "priest" and "auraApplied" in the SoundAlerter.lua file :p I'm a spelling Nazi, lol.
    Thanks, will fix that in the next commit :)

I added it in the LUA code if you update your addon by downloading it again.

https://github.com/trolololol/SoundA...52539d#L0R1516
    (line 1516) you'll see some debug code, all you need to do is find the spell ID of the one you want, insert it into the debug code and it will print how it occurs in the combat log. To test this in-game you'll need that spell that you added in the debug code to trigger, and it will show up in your chatlog.

11. i would let you have me.
    forever.

12. List of CCs, debuffs, and buffs not currently in the addon that you might consider adding. I'll leave it up to you to decide which are important enough to make the cut :P

Death Knight:
    • Anti-Magic Shell
    • Bone Shield
    • Ghoul Frenzy
    • Hysteria
    • Mark of Blood

Druid:
    • Berserk
    • Nature's Swiftness
    • Prowl
    • Starfall

Hunter:
    • Aimed Shot
    • Readiness
    • Silencing Shot

Mage:
    • Hot Streak
    • Presence of Mind

Rogue
    • Blade Flurry
    • Stealth

Shaman
    • Elemental Mastery

Warlock:
    • Death Coil
    • Shadow Trance

Warrior:
    • Last Stand
    • Mortal Strike
    Thanks alot for the suggestion :)
    Nature's Swiftness should already be on SoundAlerter.
    As some of the spells are already in the voices folder, I will be adding:

Anti Magic Shell --------------- done & added
    Silencing shot ---------------- done & added
    Readiness --------------------- done & added
    Elemental Mastery ----------- done & added

I will soon hopefully add after I get some mp3 samples for:
    Mark of Blood
    Death Coil
    Hysteria
    Mortal Strike & Aimed Shot
    Presence of Mind
    Starfall

I also don't think the addon wants too much voice spam too, so I'll keep some of them disabled at default at players option to enable it.

13. I definitely agree.

Oh.. I also forgot Berserker Rage for Warriors.

I'm curious - how do you make the voice files? Is the voice synthetic?
    Those ones are from GladiatorlosSA, for the other ones, I'll have to get some Text to speech program for it and record it, won't be too difficult

also, Beserker Rage is already implemented :)

14. Nice keep it up ur doing great job just don't add meaningless spells :cool:

Try to add Deterrence Off like some other abilities.

15. I love you OP. thanks for sweet addon :)

12311 ... Last