1. May 10, 2016  

Understanding Potion of Speed cooldown

I'm having a hard time figuring out how the cooldown for potion of speed (and I guess other potions since they share it) works. It seems like some fights I'll vanish and the cooldown will start, sometimes I'll go the entire fight and it still won't start (even with vanishing).

Is there any kind of rule of thumb for if/when the cooldown starts to tick?

Thanks

2. May 10, 2016  
    Normally you shouldnt leave combat by vanishing in a boss fight, so once used it wont reset until the fight is over.

You can use it twice if you time it with the start of the fight so use it upfront and than once again when it is off cd.

The Rule is you can use it in combat but the cd wont reset until you leave combat, it starts resetting once you left combat. I think it has a 45 sec cd. So you leave combat after using it and after 45 secs it is rdy.

I hope i answered your questions.

3. May 16, 2016  
    I've noticed the potion cooldown being very inconsistent recently regarding to Vanish. Some fights Vanish will reset (start) the cooldown, some fights it won't. I knonw hunters used to be able to chain unlimited potions using feign death, not sure if that's still in the game. Anyway Vanish isn't supposed to allow you more potion usage.

4. May 16, 2016  
    Not sure about the Vanish interaction but Hunter FD should definitively put you out of combat for a brief amount of time, resetting your potion CD
    and the potion CD is 60 secs, not 45

5. May 16, 2016  
    I think it depends on your position to the boss if u vanish right next to him u wont get out of combat to have your potion cd reseted, but if u r futher away and vanish it should get out of combat for a brief period enough to get ur cd reseted