1. July 6, 2016  

Casual WoW Player Returned from Hiatus

Hey everyone. I played Retail back in the days of Vanilla, raiding with my Orc Warrior, Annowme, up through MC and bits of AQ. I then went to college and ceased play, then found Molten years later and played a lot of WotLK just up to the advent of the first (heavily bugged!) Cata realm (wow, this was about five years ago, now that I think of it). I took a break at that point, and am now going to play casually again, as I just can't shake how much I enjoy this game.

Question: Should I invest more in WotLK or MoP right now as I start off? I really cannot decide if I want to play WotLK on Lordaeron or MoP on Frostwolf. I enjoy leveling and a complete experience (such as the former) but I am also really curious about playing with MoP mechanics, builds, and content... but it's still an incomplete realm.

Bonus question: Should I roll Alliance or Horde? This is an entirely subjective question.

Thoughts?

2. July 6, 2016  
    Well, you can just try out MoP for a day or two, see if you like it THAT MUCH.

But, personally I would always take WOTLK over any datadisk (maybe except TBC). And since, like you said, MoP is incomplete and very few people play on it, just come to Loarderon. It's a really amazing full-WOTLK experience with tons of friendly players. You cannot even compare MoP realm with Loarderon.

I'm sure there's tons of stuff you still want to see/try on WOTLK, classes to try out and so on and so forth.

Also, I think you should go with Alliance. Not only because I am playing a Human Paladin (Cheesyhuman is my name) but also you might want to freshen up your experience, and while you already played as an orc, you never tried a human, correct?

So, for the alliance!