1. Shaman Tanks in RDF:

Hey team,

is it possible to talk about this? No class except warrior was a real tank for raids, but when it comes to dungeons, shaman was a class that could tank and actually has a lot of tank talents. There will be a lack of tanks in classic for RDF anyways, but without having paladins on Horde side, they will lack tanks even more than usually, so i believe adding them as possible tanks to RDF would be okey.

2. For Vanilla phase only...a properly geared and talented Shaman could fill in as a tank in leveling 5-man content. If you watch Youtube content for classic, they'll often point that out.

I don't know if they can keep doing it in the end-game dungeons...and I don't know if RDF can be modified to accept them, or only accept them as tanks for certain dungeons/under a certain level...but if they can, I'd support this change, especially for any dungeon <40 to 50ish level range.

3. I'd say wait for the next beta testing phase (the leveling one) and record a couple of videos showing it can be done, and be done without super tuned gear and lots of skill. Such as showing a newbie to the class would be capable of doing it. Remember RDF will be used by lots of people; if doing this takes being skilled in the class and/or using very specific gear and talents I can easily picture a lot of people that don't match any of that still trying to queue as Tanks and causing a lot of frustration and broken groups.

Not saying videos proving the wide viability of it would change the decision, but could help as argument for it. Or just show you how unviable it actually is when put in the perspective of hundreds of players trying to do it and failing.

4. I'd say wait for the next beta testing phase (the leveling one)
    Isnt that one live already, or we getting a third phase? :D

*edit: And ill check for myself, if it seems viable without huge skill/gear, ill video it. The skill req is a good argument, taking into consideration the avg skill lvl of the playerbase...

5. Isnt that one live already, or we getting a third phase? :D

*edit: And ill check for myself, if it seems viable without huge skill/gear, ill video it. The skill req is a good argument, taking into consideration the avg skill lvl of the playerbase...
    Nah, I just hadn't checked if it was already back up when I posted. A third phase would likely depend on the result of the previous testing and if the developers feel there's something that needs more attention.

And yes, that's the concern that came to mind, people who don't play a Tank trying to ham it up with a Shaman for faster queues and just causing frustration to other players as they can't do it properly. It would likely be worse than having less Tank variety.

6. That's true too. Warriors can tank leveling in just about any spec. Paladins can probably as well. Druids can tank as long as they're Feral (which is the common leveling spec), even if they're not spec'd into the tanking talents. I think Shaman tanking is more dependant on the "tanking" talents over the dps ones...but I may be wrong.

7. i did it easly better than a druid tank, in the first phase of testing in onyxia great threat too ive tanked stratholme living we killed balnazzar

8. This guy's video popped up on my recommended, so I'll link the playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5b7...rVBPC4IRmzx33o