1. arena pts question

hey guys - looking for some quick clarification on arena pts.

started my exp. here on warmane in outlands tbc as it was the last xpac i played before i went to rehab for wow addiction 10+ years ago.

now that im back on the needle, i had an observation / question.

noticed in outlands that after playing 5s arena, even if we went 0-10, we were given a team rating, and points were given as usual.

just getting going here on icecrown, and noticed after playing 10 games in 3s we were not given a rating. curious about that.. will i not get points for that bracket? (i was able to get a rating after 10 games in 2s)

also noticed that the 5s que on outlands a day or so before reset was pretty much instant. with similar population on icecrown i expected the same thing, only to sit in a que for 20 minutes and no games. i assumed it was due to the age of the server and no teams were rated low enough to get matched with. 3s went alot smoother and we were able to get 10 games in, but no rating ?

any input would be appreciated !
    Edited: January 15, 2018

2. maybe the rating you have got is from 3s but you think you got it from 2s.

If you have played 10 arena on both 3s and 2s on a new team you should have got rating from 3s. If you do not link your character it is hard to explain why you did not get Arena Points from 3s in case.

Anyway Arena point system is just the same as TBC.
    Nothing is different except that if your team si below 1500 rating you will get Arena Point as it is at 1500 rating.

Almost no one play 5s on Wotlk

3. http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ecrown/summary

skull- thanks for your reply.

rating stayed '0' throughout the 3s matches - the fact that we lost all 10 a factor, maybe ?

looked closer and saw a mmr of 1448 on the armory , but nothing in-game.

4. I am not sure I got correctly what you are asking.
    Anyway, to be clear:
    If you wanan know why you did not get Arena Point from 3s team it is beacuse you gotta wait Wednesday to get points.
    If you wanan know why your 3s team started at 0 Team/Personal rating instead of 1500 rating it is because that is how it works in Wotlk. New team = 0 Team/Personal

"As of Season 6 and later, the arena system was changed so that new teams start with a rating of 0 rather than 1500. Consequently, the formula was changed so that all teams below 1500 rating will earn points as if they were a 1500 rated team."

5. Almost no one play 5s on Wotlk
    this is good to know, thank you.

6. If you wanan know why your 3s team started at 0 Team/Personal rating instead of 1500 rating it is because that is how it works in Wotlk. New team = 0 Team/Personal

"As of Season 6 and later, the arena system was changed so that new teams start with a rating of 0 rather than 1500. Consequently, the formula was changed so that all teams below 1500 rating will earn points as if they were a 1500 rated team."
    this answers it, thanks again brother