1. July 2, 2015  

Heal and tank classes

I haven't played Wotlk since retail so it is while ago so my memory is rusty. And somethinmes there is some differences between warmane and retail so i tought i would go to the forums :)

The thing is i am downloading Wotlk now and i am going either tank or healer

For Tank the choise stands between warrior and druid. I cant stand dk's or pallys

For Healer i will go either priest or shaman.

So now to my question how is those classes working here? any major bugs or such things?

I am not looking for the easiest tank or healing class, easy does not mean best. I just wanna know if warriors and druids are good thanks. and if shamans and priests are good healers

2. July 2, 2015  
    all tanks work good more or less. No crippling epic uber bugs so you can do whicever you like. Dont listen to ppl who says "warrior are useless as wella s druid tanks compared to dk or pally omgomgomgom!!!XXDDD!!!"

if u ask me i would go bear tank. much more funny to play and more challenging.

Healer? shammy ggot uber op aoe heals thanks to chain heal and ripide spam while priest is more good as tank healer although his aoe are nice. Priest are more mana starved than shammy (mana spring and water shield+resurgerance helps a lot in sustain believe me) but nothing abyssal!
    Priest got nice heal burst potential, shammy more sustained heals. If i was in your place i would roll shammy. I have been always a shaman fun but i do not reputate it superior to other classes, just more funny! :D

one pro tip: while leveling here skill professions! you will not find you uber undergeared! :)

3. July 3, 2015  
    Thanks for the ansver.
    I shall se what i go. I did tank as both drood and warrior in wotlk retail. Both was fun but druid felt a litttle to easy on most trash. just swipe and swipe. But both classes are fun

Shaman has been my main class trough most of wow. Either as resto or enhance. Love shaman resto healing. But priests are also fun. so its a rough choise.

But anyway thanks for the ansver. As it sometimes can be some bugs and stuff here on warmane i just wanted to know how the class was working here. Glad to see that there is no game breaking bugs for those classes.

4. July 3, 2015  
    DKs are viable tanks now? Since they fixed DnD, or even before?

5. July 3, 2015  
    Well as i said in my starting post the choise is between warrior and druid. I can't stand Dk's and pallys, so they are not an option no matter how good they are.
    Both classes, specially pally's are so boring i rather have my toenails pulled out than play them :)

6. July 3, 2015  
    lol i dont even think u read apart the topic title...

For Tank the choise stands between warrior and druid. I cant stand dk's or pallys
    @reddok
    for healer go priest so if u played retail shammy u can have a different experience and for tank go warrior then, classic meat shield with sword and board never betrayed a raid perspective! :D

7. July 3, 2015  
    All tanks are viable after the recent fixes,even before the fixes the only hard nerfed class was warrior and still wars could tank.
    As for healers all healers have their place in raid even holy,it has some amazing utility but usually it will underperform next to pretty much any class unless there is AoE since CoH,PoM,PoH are quite strong AoE heals.

8. July 6, 2015  
    Well ill try to make quick review from Guild leader PoV. (end-game content raids)

Tanks:
    Feral - I personaly consider bear as best MT on wotlk expansion. Amazing agro, super huge health pool, easy to gear, alot of raid cooldowns (innervate combat ress, roots, leader of the pack healing etc). Also very flexible - as an ot on some bosses u can go cat and still pull fair dps (at least better than other tanks)

Prot Paladin - most viable tank but IMO overrated. as an OT it does its job mostly cause of AoE taunts every 6 sec. Good defence good surv cds, good aoe agro. As MT - well 2nd best.

Blood DK - very squishy as MT, after recent fixes very good OT. Personally hate blood dk tanks but on some fights they are useful (sindra or trash tank on halion 25hc)

Frost DK - more squishy version of Blood DK

Prot Warrior - most enjoyable tank tbh. Alot of def cds, safeguard ftw at soul reapers, infinite taunts. Threat is fixed so no more problems with holding the boss. On the other hand Shield block value is still bugged so you are getting huge hits.

Healers:

Holy Pala - must have in every raid - 2 target healing machine.

Resto shaman - most flexible healer can replace any of the other classes. Totems and BL makes him another must have healer on end-game content. Resto sham mostly topping hps metter (at least on our runs)

Resto druid - group healer - very good supporter who mitingates aoe dmg. Alot of raid cooldowns.

Disco priest - on LK must have on rest of the bosses helpfull but not necessary

Holy priest - very optional healer in end-game content, viable in rs as an inside healer (body and soul talent ftw) and on VDW (GS on boss). In ICC you are going with 4 healers anyway and Holy is the one most likely skipped. On the other hand can replace shaman,pala or druid in any raid compilation.

If you think about serious raiding Ill suggest you to pick one of those:
    Tanks:
    Bear

Heals:
    Shaman
    Priest

Cheers!

9. July 6, 2015  
    Thanks. I know how the classes where in retail and so. But great to hear about the bugs.

I an leveling a shammy for heals atm. I love shammy heals and i like that theyn are so flexible. But just started so might change. But if i go tank it will be bear. Was the shield block value bug that made me skip warrior.
    Maybe not a game breaking bug but still. And well it might get fixed. but i dont wanna take the chanse as it might take a long time before it gets fixed. if it gets fixed

10. July 6, 2015  
    Best heal and tank- Paladins.
    Go shaman for heal then if you cant stand them.

11. July 6, 2015  
    Best heal and tank- Paladins.
    Go shaman for heal then if you cant stand them.
    For MT i would say best tank is Bear. Atleast if there is nothing here that changes that from Retail and as far as i heard its not

For Tank raid healing, yeah pally is the best.
    But shammy is good enoug to work as tank healer on most fights. and is more versatile than pally. They are amzing raid healers, probably best raid healer in wotlk
    So would not say pally is best healer. they are best tank healer. but that is not same as best healer :)

I did play this on retail so i know how it was there. the thing that made me ask was bacause this is a private server where things migh be a little different, bugs and things like that