1. How about the other things linked with vote points like realm transfers or name change and etc ?

2. Not really fond of putting 271 in the shop. Maybe icc10 normal gear would be okay but not 25n. Even if it is a slow process, it just gives people the mindset of "meh, i'll just wait and vote for this and that" which is not good imo.

Icc10n gear should be enough - not 271. It just keeps the raids/gearing progression going more.

3. will we have discounts feature ? like once a month or a week you throw a discount at a random time (of course not on end game items more like 232-258 range)

4. Changes
    - Weapons and Armor below item level 200 will no longer be available
    Will that also remove items that are unobtainable through normal means? (ie T2 chest/head, T3, Lok'Delar) As their loot sources aren't available or don't work properly.

5. No i dont think so, because its item lvl is 284 and they said the ighest will be 271... :/

6. It may take 1.5-2 years to fully gear up a toon, but you're not taking into consideration the gear that actually matters. Namely trinkets and weapons which are in most cases only 3 slots. PvP gear is also only 5 slots that matter. Those slots stand for the most sought after gear in the game and some people go years without winning them in a pug raid. In guild raids even they go for a very hefty amount of dkp worth weeks even months of raiding. That is why they are the most donated items.

So what does this mean for warmane? I would much rather save up a few points for normal versions of items than spend a part of my paycheck for the heroic versions. You guys just lose money. So thanks for the free gear.

7. They already said that PVP Wrathful will probably not be available to get on points. And I agree with that.

About normal version bis trinkets I think it's great to make them available in points store, arenas will be more fair, because if you look now at top 100 2v2 you can see that all are donors, it's hard to believe that only donors play good, it's just that non-donors have no chance vs bis hc gears. And about pve I don't see the problem, your goal is the HC items probably anyway, if you are serious about pve. So complete your gear with points and/or boss farms and then go for the real stuff (HC) . also VP store is optional, you can play with our without using it.

8. There's no need to remove the 70 gear. It will actually hurt the twink community, which now is far from being an actual community.

9. T2 head should be obtainable from Nefarian (jk he`s not spawned due to the class shout exploit).

10. Dude, your expectations are a bit out of whack. Remember, all changes that game servers do are to inhibit players - not enhance player experience (in general). So really when you are on a game server, almost all changes are bad. If things stayed like they are, you'd come back here in 5 years and there would be no points system and all rates would be negative 20x. ;-) But really, I do agree, in the amount of time it would take to use points to gear up one character a person could fully level 50 characters, it should be more of a realistic balance or no-one will even use the points. Something like 1 fully geared character in the time it takes you to level up 5 characters seems reasonable if rates stay like they are.

In 2 years warmane will be forced to change or die as by then retail will be free to play and all private servers will have a choice: Be as far from blizzlike as possible - or die. And the #1 concern there will be to remove as many player inhibitions as possible. Blizzard will remove many of those inhibitions the day they go free to play anyhow because no more needing to force players to pay per month for as long as they can. The game play balance has always been bad on retail for that reason. When you inhibit too far, players spend a high percentage of time doing stuff that is boring in order to get to the part of the game that is fun. Then it is easy for players to switch away from the game completely to play any other game where the amount of fun per unit of time is higher. Already private servers follow blizzlike inhibitions and rates way too much because they do not realize that they are not pay to play.

To your point, just wait until it comes out and see how it is. Then decide if you want to use the new point system or not. I think most will decide not to, its a personal decision - doesn't do any good to sit on here and complain.

11. -1 to ilvl 271 items added.
    this is so bad i cant even start to type all the stuff that comes to my head.
    this is bad though. even if its 1 year or whatever you have in your imagination, this lowers the relevance of the game's content.
    this is really bad.

12. "Approximately 1.5 to 2 years to fully gear up via points if you maintain your activity rank (TBA). " —Kaer

Look, most people of the sh**head variety don't have the patience to wait that long for gear. This may not negatively impact things as much as some of you think.

Almost two years to get that gear? Pffft, I think it would take someone truly dedicated and of a different ilk to stick around that long for coveted gear. And we want those people. Those aren't the people who just want something for nothing and nao! You know, the ones you wanna whack when you're standing around the SW bank.

Personally, I think the fun part of a votepoint system is its potential to help people get levelling gear (particularly on low-rate servers) and cool mounts and companions that the casual gamer wouldn't otherwise get to experience, just to keep it fun and interesting.

I hate to say it, but this game is old.

And some of us have played this game off and on since it was released. So, at this point, we have little desire to go through the same grueling routine we've done for countless characters before on the way to top level. A little vote point help with levelling items, maybe some fun mounts or companions to make it interesting, and that's all I hope for.
    i agree, most of the comunity probably doesent have that much time to waste on a game just to get a gear (cause u know people have lifes)

13. Adding end game gear for vote points is a bad idea, people play for gear, and almost nothing more, giving it like this is the same as taking away any reason people have to play the game, even if it takes years, they will do it anyway and won't play the game

14. I personally see some possible problems with making iLvl 271 gear available.
    For PvE it might put even more unrealistic gear exspectation for Pug's, like no chance to get into an ICC 10 if you don't have RS 25 trinket and iLvl 271 weapon.
    For PvP it might push the faction balance further towards Alliance (Human) because everybody will be able to get 2 end game PvE trinkets.

15. Chees people, did you notice, this is only thing what they need to do make people move in Lordaeron!

First ... 3111213141523 ... Last