1. Question about buff stacking

Is the scroll of spirit supposed to overwrite Mark of the Wild buff in wotlk 3.3.5a?

I mean, it makes sense that scroll of protection overwrites the druid buff when the scrolls armor bonus is greater, but that a spirit scroll overwrites a class armor buff?

2. Is the scroll of spirit supposed to overwrite Mark of the Wild buff in wotlk 3.3.5a?

I mean, it makes sense that scroll of protection overwrites the druid buff when the scrolls armor bonus is greater, but that a spirit buff overwrites an armor buff?
    Didn't mark of the wild give stats in wrath? Only logical reason i would say it would be not usable.

3. Didn't mark of the wild give stats in wrath? Only logical reason i would say it would be not usable.
    Yes, but right now it's granting me 25 armor bonus. As far as I know, one scroll can be active at any time, so one scroll overwriting another makes sense, either you use a spirit scroll or armor, or what else. But that a spirit scroll granting spirit overwrites a class buff granting armor. I still don't get that =(

4. Yes, but right now it's granting me 25 armor bonus. As far as I know, one scroll can be active at any time, so one scroll overwriting another makes sense, either you use a spirit scroll or armor, or what else. But that a spirit scroll granting spirit overwrites a class buff granting armor. I still don't get that =(
    Hmmm maybe you can google an answer to that question or ask the staff/someone who knows about buffs more cause i actually don't know how it works :)

5. So I just got Mark of the Wild rank 2 and now it increases all attributes by 2% as well as granting armor. So it makes sense now, it just didn't when it was just armor.

Thanks for the input kel, you were right.

6. Scrolls stack with consumables. You can have a consumable buff (flask, battle+guardian elixir), one food buff, and one scroll buff, so long as the scroll does overlap with a buff. You can't have arcane intelligence and use a scroll of intellect at the same time.

Potions are 15-sec consumables that stack with everything because it is a temporary, short-lived buff.

For elixirs, you can have 1 battle elixir and 1 guardian elixir at one time, or just 1 flask (counts as both).

Potions share cooldowns with other potions.

One food buff at a time. Eating a new food overwrites the old food.

Scrolls are overwritten by the same, or higher level scroll of the same type, but you can have multiple scroll types.

Example:

I use Scroll of Agility II, Scroll of strength III, Scroll of Protection IV. All 3 are active at the same time. If I use a Scroll of Agility III, it will overwrite my Agility II, but a Scroll of Agility I will not.

Armor and weapons can have 1 permanent enchant and 1 temporary enchant. Enchants, LW Armor kits, Engineering item buffs (like the belt enchants) count as permanent enchants. Blacksmith socketing their gloves and bracers do not count as an enchant, but you can only have 1 extra socket on your gloves/bracers.

Temporary enchants are Mana Oil, or a shaman's Windfury Weapon, or a rogue's poisons.

The blacksmith example above is, I think, the only Profession that does not affect the chance to get permanent enchants. Blacksmiths can socket their gloves AND get a permanent glove enchant. Scribes cannot put their own shoulder inscriptions on top of vendor-bought shoulder inscriptions.
    Edited: August 27, 2015

7. Scrolls stack with consumables. You can have a consumable buff (flask, battle+guardian elixir), one food buff, and one scroll buff, so long as the scroll does overlap with a buff. You can't have arcane intelligence and use a scroll of intellect at the same time.

Potions are 15-sec consumables that stack with everything because it is a temporary, short-lived buff.

For elixirs, you can have 1 battle elixir and 1 guardian elixir at one time, or just 1 flask (counts as both).

Potions share cooldowns with other potions.

One food buff at a time. Eating a new food overwrites the old food.

Scrolls are overwritten by the same, or higher level scroll of the same type, but you can have multiple scroll types.

Example:

I use Scroll of Agility II, Scroll of strength III, Scroll of Protection IV. All 3 are active at the same time. If I use a Scroll of Agility III, it will overwrite my Agility II, but a Scroll of Agility I will not.

Armor and weapons can have 1 permanent enchant and 1 temporary enchant. Enchants, LW Armor kits, Engineering item buffs (like the belt enchants) count as permanent enchants. Blacksmith socketing their gloves and bracers do not count as an enchant, but you can only have 1 extra socket on your gloves/bracers.

Temporary enchants are Mana Oil, or a shaman's Windfury Weapon, or a rogue's poisons.

The blacksmith example above is, I think, the only Profession that does not affect the chance to get permanent enchants. Blacksmiths can socket their gloves AND get a permanent glove enchant. Scribes cannot put their own shoulder inscriptions on top of vendor-bought shoulder inscriptions.
    Wow, thanks for the detailed explanation. It's good to know how the system works. Thanks =)

8. This has most definitely been nerfed by Warmane Lordaeron. In over 5 years of playing WOTLK on various private servers and 4 years on Molten/Warmane with as many as 12 characters on a realm there has never been the message "A more powerful spell is active" when I try to invoke Gift of the Wild Druid buff for example and almost ANY other buff is in place. The conflict is based on the fact that GOW increases all stats a small amount so any buff food or scroll that would boost even a single stat like Intellect is now blocked. Since the reverse can be true this is obviously wrong since it is a party-wide buff which would be stopped by almost any other individual buff. The worst part may be that despite the error message it nonetheless consumes the scroll, food, whatever. I can't wait to see if this also applies to commonly stacking foods like Skullfish Soup

9. Thread necromancy is bad, ok. Please make a new one instead if you wish to discuss this.