1. May 17, 2016  

Starting gear to tank HC dungeons

Hello, I'm new to all this tanking stuff, could someone tell me, which gear I should collect to start tanking HC dungeons?
    I'm lv80, and i have no clue what i should farm first.

Thanks. c:

E:// I'm playing on the Lordaeron server. And here is my Armory link. http://armory.warmane.com/character/...daeron/summary
    Edited: May 18, 2016

2. May 17, 2016  
    I might be wrong, but well, at least some of this could be helpful.

You should start with doing normal dungeons for tank items - there are some NR quests that give tank items as well (the stuff with defense rating), and once you get full tank items from there you should move to HC's, or at least enough for you to be able to keep aggro and tank HC's without dying. IIRC defense cap for heroic dungeons is 535.

Reputation items can help - PvP items can help (resil lowers the chance to eat crits from mobs too, and gives more stamina than dps gear), but use PvP only if your "pve" items don't have defense rating on them, if they have defense rating then using PvP wouldn't be a good choice.

Also, I think that posting your armory would be a good thing as well!

3. May 18, 2016  
    If you leveled in Dragonblight, you might already have some Wymrest Temple Rep. This faction gives the most useful items for tanks, other ones are more spread through the factions, so try to get Wymrest temple rep gear. As previous post, normal dungeons have some tank gear aswell.

4. May 18, 2016  
    If you leveled in Dragonblight, you might already have some Wymrest Temple Rep. This faction gives the most useful items for tanks, other ones are more spread through the factions, so try to get Wymrest temple rep gear. As previous post, normal dungeons have some tank gear aswell.
    Thank you both. The Wyrmrest rep is next step then. c: