1. May 20, 2016  

Which is faster? Leveling in Retail or Icecrown?

Seeing as though the realm merge is going to happen in a few hours, I thought I'd take the time to ask the Warmane community whether leveling in Retail (with or without heirlooms) or leveling in Icecrown (also with or without heirlooms) is faster. Unfortunately, I haven't really leveled in either optimally, but I'm sure a lot of people who play on Warmane have. With that said, I'd like to hear from the community as to which server has the fastest leveling time.

2. May 20, 2016  
    Seeing as though the realm merge is going to happen in a few hours, I thought I'd take the time to ask the Warmane community whether leveling in Retail (with or without heirlooms) or leveling in Icecrown (also with or without heirlooms) is faster. Unfortunately, I haven't really leveled in either optimally, but I'm sure a lot of people who play on Warmane have. With that said, I'd like to hear from the community as to which server has the fastest leveling time.
    You're aware that Icecrown will be same rates as Deathwing and Ragnaros which is x7, while retail is x1 right?

3. May 20, 2016  
    Yes, I am. However, with the addition of more heirlooms and exp boosting potions in retail, this prompted me to wonder which form of leveling is truly faster.

Let's not forget that killing mobs (especially elites) is substantially easier in WoD compared to Wrath.

4. May 20, 2016  
    Icecrown is faster
    yes even if you went full jew gold mode and bought all the fancy potions you'll still level faster on Icecrown.

5. May 20, 2016  
    Sodapoppin went from level 1 to 100 in 4 hours on retail guys, just FYI.

6. May 20, 2016  
    Now we need someone to make a video of the fastest leveling time in Icecrown.

7. May 20, 2016  
    Are you talking about tryhard-mode leveling? If so, I'm not really certain. Average Joe would level faster on here, though.

8. May 20, 2016  
    Like Lynea said

Tryhard retail player can do 1-100 in 3-4 hours.
    Average Joe on Icecrown can do 1-80 in half a day.

9. May 20, 2016  
    Tryhard levelling on ragnaros 1-80 took me 6 hours 52 minutes.

I'm no pro, so this is probably easily beaten by someone with more experience.

10. May 20, 2016  
    ^this. I once rolled some random dwarf paladin on retail with full looms and reached 60 over a night by just spamming RDF in Goldshire.

11. May 20, 2016  
    Lol Retail by far. I leveled a shammy in october last year and I was 100 in 2 days, but that was with boa's and garrison xp pots. Now there are some video's out there that show players leveling certain ways and hitting a hundred in 2 to 5 hours. Blizzard has also stated recently that they feel the nerfing of the XP has gotten out of hand and this is something they are fixing in legion, so who know's. I don't care either way, i doubt i play legion and perchance i do, I have 10 100's on my retail account, so f'it.

12. May 20, 2016