1. ...announced this a month ago, the amount of points people could get would be the same on average...
    I don't think there's a problem with the point income, the problem is, that's I (We) made the effort to get to the computer every day, even though I don't have time to play, and log in to get the points, so I can buy the thing I planned, but now you negated this effort for me and most ppl (as seen in this thread), and since the deadline is in 3 days, they can't buy it, because they won't have the points in time.

2. Yep, gonna be fun now that the high gear in vote shop made everybody ask 6k for ICC 10n, if you are around 5.4k or lower, nobody will even join your raid either, they see your gear and instantly leave. And all the guilds require you to be about 5.8k in order to join so basically all newbies are screwed unless they donate.

3. That is the point. The staff wants you to begin play wow to get good equip for bg/istances/raids. They have decided it's no more sufficient to log-in in the website only to get points. Although I do not consider this a good move, I can't completely disagree with this.

EDIT:
    And all the guilds require you to be about 5.8k in order to join so basically all newbies are screwed unless they donate.
    Guilds need to understand that and lower their foolish requests (I've seen 5,5k+ gs requests for icc trash and that's ridiculous). I can't disagree on the donation issue. And this is the reason why I've said that i do not consider this a good move.
    Edited: October 20, 2016

4. the main issue i have is now half the server is going to have 6kgs with items from the ps and the rest of us who havent been here as long are stuck farming our way into icc, when people are asking for 5.8k gs just to get into icc10m N this is going to take for ever.
    In reply to you, and others with basically the same argument:

Any change has to be implemented at some point. No matter when, at any point in time, whenever we pushed this change ahead, there would be people complaining that they missed their chance. Unfortunately, this is comparable to complaining to Blizzard that you started playing WoW too late and can't get some mount or achievement.

5. this really sucks.. no offense on some classes i hate to do pve and only like pvping with them so thats how you gear up.. my sugestion is to give 30 points to everyone literaly for goodbye to point system .... because this is just unfair

6. That is the point. The staff wants you to begin play wow to get good equip for bg/istances/raids. They have decided it's no more sufficient to log-in in the website only to get points. Although I do not consider this a good move, I can't completely disagree with this.

EDIT:

Guilds need to understand that and lower their foolish requests (I've seen 5,5k+ gs requests for icc trash and that's ridiculous). I can't disagree on the donation issue. And this is the reason why I've said that i do not consider this a good move.
    I kept saying when they added this gear to the vote shop that they should never do it and that it would ruin everything...oh look, I was right as usual. Then they screw up even more by taking it away, making it so that newbies have to donate in order to get the gear required for ICC 10n. People ask 5.5k for ToC 10, anywhere up to 6k for Naxx and Ulduar because NOBODY does them for gear. And you can't even do weekly quests anymore to get emblems because they no longer give frosts, just conquests. Though even if you get full triumph and frost gear, a battered hilt weapon, the ToC wrists and chest and the ICC boots and legs, you will still only be 5.4k...not high enough for what they require for ICC 10n.

7. the main issue i have is now half the server is going to have 6kgs with items from the ps and the rest of us who havent been here as long are stuck farming our way into icc, when people are asking for 5.8k gs just to get into icc10m N this is going to take for ever.
    Thats the whole point behind playin.
    If its more less too fast, people get bored. The point shop was bad influence to community from the start, letting inexperianced players get gear they didnt deserve, therefore made raid leaders ask 5.8k gs for voa or icc10n.

It used to be 5-5.4k gs tops.

I kept saying when they added this gear to the vote shop that they should never do it and that it would ruin everything...oh look, I was right as usual. Then they screw up even more by taking it away, making it so that newbies have to donate in order to get the gear required for ICC 10n. People ask 5.5k for ToC 10, anywhere up to 6k for Naxx and Ulduar because NOBODY does them for gear. And you can't even do weekly quests anymore to get emblems because they no longer give frosts, just conquests. Though even if you get full triumph and frost gear, a battered hilt weapon, the ToC wrists and chest and the ICC boots and legs, you will still only be 5.4k...not high enough for what they require for ICC 10n.
    The weekly quests give EoF+EoC(wich used to be triumph)

8. the main issue i have is now half the server is going to have 6kgs with items from the ps and the rest of us who havent been here as long are stuck farming our way into icc, when people are asking for 5.8k gs just to get into icc10m N this is going to take for ever.
    Same situation happens on Retail. You join late, you grind more in order to keep up. It's not that hard to understand that it's part of a natural grinding.

this really sucks.. no offense on some classes i hate to do pve and only like pvping with them so thats how you gear up.. my sugestion is to give 30 points to everyone literaly for goodbye to point system .... because this is just unfair
    Why is it unfair? Most of the people roaming around Icecrown are BiS anyway. They didn't use the vote point system except for alts whenever they felt like and that's the thing that should have never existed in the first place. You want free stuff? You have it already - You have the opportunity of playing the content for free.

I don't think there's a problem with the point income, the problem is, that's I (We) made the effort to get to the computer every day, even though I don't have time to play, and log in to get the points, so I can buy the thing I planned, but now you negated this effort for me and most ppl (as seen in this thread), and since the deadline is in 3 days, they can't buy it, because they won't have the points in time.
    So instead of applying a new rule they should wait for every single member of this community to obtain their gear and only after that apply it? If that's the case, I can ensure you that a new Billy will show up and state that they need one more day to obtain an item. You had a really wide time space to enjoy such feature. Now the community in general is just pushing and ranting this situation because they got spoiled.

Yep, gonna be fun now that the high gear in vote shop made everybody ask 6k for ICC 10n, if you are around 5.4k or lower, nobody will even join your raid either, they see your gear and instantly leave. And all the guilds require you to be about 5.8k in order to join so basically all newbies are screwed unless they donate.
    I'm aware of multiple guilds that take you through a gearing process as long as you know what you're doing with your class and mechanics of the encounters. The act of generalizing every single guild doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

9. @Derpy you are right. The only hope is that guilds and ppls understand that, with time, and will allow lower gs to join istances/raids for equipping them and not only for fun or for challenge. A dream? maybe. But that should be wow

10. I got my sts and dbw bitheeeeeezzzzzzzzzz

11. So instead of applying a new rule they should wait for every single member of this community to obtain their gear and only after that apply it? If that's the case, I can ensure you that a new Billy will show up and state that they need one more day to obtain an item. You had a really wide time space to enjoy such feature. Now the community in general is just pushing and ranting this situation because they got spoiled.
    That's not what I meant actually... I don't care if they change it or not, but don't make my effort and time pointless. (quite a pun actually...? :D)

12. @Magaghino I feared you gonna say that "play for free" great well its private server? arent they suposed to allow that? whatever lol.. Gearing alts trought vote system is fair totaly, and unfair to non-donor ppl, example if you pvp only, thats how you gear so basicaly Non-BiS Weapon/Trinket is best to stay -
    "Most of the people roaming around Icecrown are BiS anyway." you just described a p2w gg

WHY would anyone play 1000 raids just to get 1 item, or wipe 10 times all over and over to finaly get it wooooh stop adding Lordaeron in Icecrown

13. "Most of the people roaming around Icecrown are BiS anyway." you just described a p2w gg
    I got 11 toons and 9 of them are BiS. They were geared with raiding and with one or two donated pieces. That's not pay to win - That's playing the game and grinding like hell.

WHY would anyone play 1000 raids just to get 1 item, or wipe 10 times all over and over to finaly get it wooooh stop adding Lordaeron in Icecrown
    People will raid the same raid over and over and over because that's the so called grinding and that's what the game was designed for. Grinding your gear in order to obtain your maximum level of performance. If you can't do that, why are you playing the game in the first place? If you really don't want to grind you can still obtain the items - Make a donation and obtain your gear.

14. Can we finally know- WHAT IS THE CHANGE??? Removing of items? Add some items? etc..

15. I got 11 toons and 9 of them are BiS. They were geared with raiding and with one or two donated pieces. That's not pay to win - That's playing the game and grinding like hell.

People will raid the same raid over and over and over because that's the so called grinding and that's what the game was designed for. Grinding your gear in order to obtain your maximum level of performance. If you can't do that, why are you playing the game in the first place?
    There a TONS OF LITERALY bis donors with 0 ach but all bis yeh.. pretty much no p2w, and no offense i didnt sayed nothing to you its all cool if u donate 2-3 items lol why not , but donating for full gear is complete pay to win.. NVM !

First ... 23456 ... Last