1. 4 Weeks Ago  

Loot priority & Ninja looting

Does a person who is gearing his character in general have a priority to need roll on item over someone who needs it for achievements like Herald / Dedicated?

Forge of Souls, Pit of Saron and Halls of Reflection have very decent pieces for those achievements, but after needing an item there is always some 4k gear score player complaining about this.

Is this considered ninja looting?

2. 4 Weeks Ago  

3. 4 Weeks Ago  
    Unless you made it absolutely clear to the rest of the group and they have said yes, it can be ninjalooting if you're wearing as good as or already better gear in the same slots.
    You wanting to collect stuff for your overflowing bank or personal experiments or achievements is your own burden which you chose to carry. No one else in the group is obligated to cater to your wishes.

4. 4 Weeks Ago  
    I got your point, but was thinking differently.
    I thought ninja looting in dungeon was needing an item you don't really need with a goal to either intentionally don't let someone get the item (grief), disenchanting/vendoring, helping friend to have a higher chance of getting the item.
    But it's a bit weird that some weakling's slight upgrade (which will be potentially replaced very soon) is more important than my achievements.
    I believe both are equally important, and I should not be obligated to cater to other's wishes too.
    But it is what it is.

I got another hypothetical situation:
    If DBW drops and I (as a raid leader, but ret paladin) win a roll and loot it to myself would it also be considered ninja looting?
    I mean DBW is not a paladin trinket, but it's not completely useless, is it?
    I believe there are people unaware and lacking game knowledge about trinkets that could do that stuff.
    Is this also ninja ?
    Edited: 4 Weeks Ago

5. 4 Weeks Ago  
    some weakling's slight upgrade (which will be potentially replaced very soon) is more important than my achievements.
    I believe both are equally important, and I should not be obligated to cater to other's wishes too.
    But it is what it is.
    Why need anything, level with your starter gear, and then only roll on BiS item when you get your half nude *** into RS/ICC25HC.
    People play the game to get better gear. Dungeons and raids are about gearing up, they aren't about gearing down. In environments where achieving better items is the 100% intended goal (need), doing the opposite becomes secondary object (greed).
    Practical use of the gear, no matter how brief, and as long as it's considered an upgrade, comes before any kind of vanity/novelty use.

6. 4 Weeks Ago  
    I got your point, but was thinking differently.
    I thought ninja looting in dungeon was needing an item you don't really need with a goal to either intentionally don't let someone get the item (grief), disenchanting/vendoring, helping friend to have a higher chance of getting the item.
    But it's a bit weird that some weakling's slight upgrade (which will be potentially replaced very soon) is more important than my achievements.
    But it is what it is.

I got another hypothetical situation:
    If DBW drops and I (as a raid leader, but ret paladin) win a roll and loot it to myself would it also be considered ninja looting?
    I mean DBW is not a paladin trinket, but it's not completely useless, is it?
    I believe there are people unaware and lacking game knowledge about trinkets that could do that stuff.
    Is this also ninja ?
    Person who gears up have not priority, but mandatory of gear over your intentions while being overgeared.

If you don't say about needing ARP trinkets as ret pala BEFORE raid starts, people will report you and to honest - i think rightfully. ARP gives you such insignificant bonus to white attacks and CS, that any physical DPS class gonna gain more damage with it over ret pala, even if theirs gear is worse.

If you desire said achievements so much, why not just create own group and walk into dungeon?

P.S. and calling someone weakling because of their gear... Keep going in that direction towards your bans for ninja and toxicity.
    Edited: 4 Weeks Ago

7. 4 Weeks Ago  
    If you don't say about needing ARP trinkets as ret pala BEFORE raid starts, people will report you and to honest - i think rightfully. ARP gives you such insignificant bonus to white attacks and CS, that any physical DPS class gonna gain more damage with it over ret pala, even if theirs gear is worse.
    STS is ARP trinket too, Penumbra is ARP neck, besides those two there are several more items that give ARP and are BiS for Retri Paladin.
    Ofc ARP itself is not very beneficial for this class, but it's not useless.
    It's not like having agility as a mage or shield block as DK tank

Also when DBW procs it gives one of these:

-Strength of the Vrykul
    Granted 600 strength - Vrykul.

-Agility of the Wolvar
    Granted 600 agility - Wolvar.

-Power of the Taunka
    Granted 1200 attack power - Taunka.

-Precision of the Iron Dwarves
    Granted 600 armor penetration rating - Iron Dwarf.

-Aim of the Tuskarr
    Granted 600 critical strike - Tuskarr.

-Speed of the Gorloc
    Granted 600 haste rating - Gorloc.

It's not optimal trinket for Ret Paladin, I agree 100%, there like several way better trinkets than this.

But if I'm wearing an ilvl200 trash trinket, and I can't loot DBW for myself because it's BiS for Fury, Hunters, Feral etc. then it violates the "upgrade priority" even if I win a roll

8. 4 Weeks Ago  
    No please, no more rets with DBW, I beg of you.

9. 4 Weeks Ago  
    If you desire said achievements so much, why not just create own group and walk into dungeon?
    I'm just asking a question and opinions. Stop hallucinating.

10. 4 Weeks Ago  
    No please, no more rets with DBW, I beg of you.
    Why not? It's fun build.
    That's how such things like preg were invented, by not being afraid to experiment.
    Today I saw a retri with Phylactery.

11. 4 Weeks Ago  
    I'm just asking a question and opinions. Stop hallucinating.
    It's not a matter of opinion regarding wanting loot for achievements, and you already received an answer: yes, it is stealing gear from people who should have got it instead; wanting for anything other than gearing up will always be Greed.

All he gave you was a valid suggestion to deal with you wanting to farm gear for achievements and not get reported every time, so he might not be the one needing that advice.

12. 4 Weeks Ago  
    Why not? It's fun build.
    That's how such things like preg were invented, by not being afraid to experiment.
    Today I saw a retri with Phylactery.
    That's interesting, does it proc from Righteous Vengeance?

13. 4 Weeks Ago  
    All he gave you was a valid suggestion to deal with you wanting to farm gear for achievements and not get reported every time, so he might not be the one needing that advice.
    I don't need suggestion to deal with something I don't do.

14. 4 Weeks Ago  
    I don't need suggestion to deal with something I don't do.
    You're in an open Forum, you're going to get them.
    Getting a Karen attitude about it isn't going to win anyone, though.