1. 1 Week Ago  

Unwilling PvP

I'm getting so sick and tired of these forced PvP servers, I have no idea why we closed out all of the PvE ones. I can't even farm for ores in northrend without being killed by other players 24/7/365 and I literally just want to train blacksmithing for an hour or two a day. I don't understand why there's not even an opt-in option, and now I'm just stuck being permanently farmed by raid-gear players who no-life the game. Can we please for the love of god bring back some form of PvE for casual players who are trash at PvP and don't want to participate in it.

2. 1 Week Ago  
    It's a bit entitled to think that you should be able to get the veins without fighting for them.

3. 1 Week Ago  
    Did my miss that part where I said I don't want to pvp? I don't find any enjoyment from dying every time I try to mine an ore vein and "fighting for them" implies I stood any chance in the first place. You must have also not read the part where I said these people have raid-gear and can almost 2-shot me every time. There is no "fight" there is only me dying and corpse-walking back after I get killed for a piece of ore.

4. 1 Week Ago  
    Consider that players with more skill and better gear deserve the veins more than you.

5. 1 Week Ago  
    Bring some genuine feedback or suggestions instead of catchy buzzwords next time.

6. 1 Week Ago  
    1. Farm during off hours.
    2. Farm something else, sell what you farm, and buy ores you need.
    3. Learn to PvP even a bit.
    4. Gear yourself first, farm after you're somewhat geared.

7. 1 Week Ago  
    I can't be the only one to see the hypocrisy in what you're suggesting. Farming should only be reserved for end-game players with raid-gear who have a good understanding of pvp? But I apparently need to farm to get geared so that I can farm...? And the gear upgrades that I need are (get this) upgrades that come from farming, more specifically titanium ore. Farming during off hours would imply that there are off hours in the first place, which really doesn't apply to a global server. The suggestion I think is actually useful is farming something else in order to make money.

8. 1 Week Ago  
    You buy materials and sell produced things, you don't have to leave town, no one can gank you.
    Perfect solution for you. And when you do that, no, they will not ban competition in AH, don't even ask.

9. 1 Week Ago  
    Thank you for the suggestion, I think that's probably going to work best. Although I don't know what that last bit means.

10. 1 Week Ago  
    Ok, I'll pretend you didn't understand it. What I mean is, there will be fierce competition, other players will "PVP" all the profits from under your nose in AH. Since you were not able to cope with getting ganked from time to time, you will have even harder time to cope with competition in AH. From what you have said, it looks like you might not have the qualities to persist and establish yourself to make profits. Just be ready for it, there is no "ez free gold" button, is what I'm saying.

11. 1 Week Ago  
    I can't be the only one to see the hypocrisy in what you're suggesting.
    What hypocrisy? Professions aren't necessary path to gearing up, only an option given to players.

Farming should only be reserved for end-game players with raid-gear who have a good understanding of pvp?
    It isn't, but you being killed repeatedly tells that there's lack of skill, gear or both. Should you be given some "right" to ores because you lack on something, or don't want to be contested for them? You can farm with no gear, but it comes with risk of dying easily to other players. Other players also want what you want. Why would they let you have anything, when they can take what they want with a little stepping stone on their way.

But I apparently need to farm to get geared so that I can farm...?
    No, but it's certainly more effective when you show to others that you're not just a pushover.

And the gear upgrades that I need are (get this) upgrades that come from farming, more specifically titanium ore.
    (Get this) I too, play this game, and I don't think I've ever complained about other people killing me over materials we were after. I guess you're more of a player who expects easy mode or handouts because you're playing a new alt?
    I bet you have half a dozen alternatives you could go for, but you want to get that <=264 ilvl BoE. Since you're so adamant on getting that, you're facing this issue. Plenty of drops from instances and raids for you to gear up with.

Farming during off hours would imply that there are off hours in the first place, which really doesn't apply to a global server. The suggestion I think is actually useful is farming something else in order to make money.
    There are times when there are fewer players online. You should know it by now, you've been here for few years already.

Or is this just an "I want PvE realm QQ" -thread in disguise?
    In a PvE realm, you'd be fighting against bots for the same resources, because bots couldn't be killed through PvP.

12. 1 Week Ago  
    Why are you so massively vitriolic? I wasn't even disguising the fact that I want a PvE realm, that was literally the first thing I asked for? Secondly this is not some alt i'm playing on, this is my main account. I had a lvl 80 mage i played on about 2 years ago but it got deleted when they removed the PvE server i played on. I don't know why you assume all of these random things of me, when all I asked for was an opt-out option for PvP, and nothing else you mentioned had anything to do with that. Yes, I'm bad at the pvp. No, I never even debated it. No, I don't think it should be mandatory.

13. 1 Week Ago  
    I don't really remember being ganked much when chasing ores. my suggestion :
    -be a paladin, use bubble + repentance/hammer and voilĂ 
    -be a rogue, stealth the spot ores appears
    -be a tank (lots of resists+hps) and gankers will avoid you
    -be a druid farm ores while flying !
    or just be lazy and buy ores from AH like he said...

14. 1 Week Ago  
    Why are you so massively vitriolic? I wasn't even disguising the fact that I want a PvE realm, that was literally the first thing I asked for? Secondly this is not some alt i'm playing on, this is my main account. I had a lvl 80 mage i played on about 2 years ago but it got deleted when they removed the PvE server i played on. I don't know why you assume all of these random things of me, when all I asked for was an opt-out option for PvP, and nothing else you mentioned had anything to do with that. Yes, I'm bad at the pvp. No, I never even debated it. No, I don't think it should be mandatory.
    Warmane hasn't even hinted wanting to make a PvE, and PvE realm suggestions are against rules, as are any realm suggestions.
    Dunno why you didn't transfer your mage to Icecrown, that could've helped in this case somehow.
    PvP isn't exactly mandatory, you've been given optional ways to gather materials/gold to accomplish your goal.
    Edited: 1 Week Ago

15. 1 Week Ago  
    Thank you, these are actually some good suggestions, I completely forgot I had that bubble thing. However people haven't really been dissuaded by the fact that i'm a tank lol.

12 Last