1. Going to go through the list one item at a time.
    Things like 1,5 sec cast mounting,
    As much as I hope the realm is PvE...this may impact players who "need" the 3 second cast to prevent their opponent from running. Feels to me like most things that weren't instant-cast were slow in Vanilla. I also think they've already mostly made their minds up about this one.
    same cast time gathering ore/herbs/leather.
    Don't see much downside to this. Maybe similar to the above, but to a lesser degree. Would make farming go a -little- faster, especially if combined with the mount speed cast increase...I do know that mining nodes are single-tap as a QOL (like they were in Wrath) and not the multiple-attempts to completely deplete a node like it was in vanilla, which already goes part-way there.
    Some items stack in stacks of 5, like pots, while in WotLK they stack in 20. Running out of inventory space or taking less consumables to raid because they stack in 5s instead of 20s is not nostalgia for me unfortunately.
    I'm mostly for this one...even if managing bag space and deciding how much of what consumables in raids seemed to be a part of the meta in Vanilla.
    Also would not mind stonard and theramore portals being there too.
    Don't see much downside to this one either...just makes getting around the world, especially if you have a pocket mage, more friendly. They've already decided to keep all the FPs that were added in TBC and Wrath. Boats going to SW instead of Wetlands. Those Portals are just more of the same of that, imo.

2. Just my 2 cents. You already have WOTLK servers, Lordaeron being closest to retail.
    So what's the point of playing through TBC and WOTLK content again?

Why not make it Vanilla only with the option to OPT-in for Hardcore mode (if you die, you lose your char.)

Also, while I am a fan of RDF, I do not think adding it to vanilla is a good idea, same goes for experience rate above x1.

3. Just my 2 cents. You already have WOTLK servers, Lordaeron being closest to retail.
    the plan was to create a progressive realm inspired by the success of frostmourne realms, so the point was not to create another wotlk realm.

Why not make it Vanilla only with the option to OPT-in for Hardcore mode (if you die, you lose your char.)
    same reason, u still can delete your characters and play as if its hc on this realm if u're into that fetish.

4. Do we know if this will release this year or in 2024?

5. Just my 2 cents. You already have WOTLK servers, Lordaeron being closest to retail.
    TBC and WotLK being played again? We play vanilla content all the time when we level 1-58.
    For many WotLK was peak WoW. Journey up to that point makes sense. More so when Warmane has dabbled in TBC briefly, and Cataclysm. Both were far away from Warmane's WotLK popularity. And TBC and Cataclysm realms were closed.

There are many Vanilla servers out there, no? I don't think there's enough appeal on Warmane's playerbase for (long term) vanilla.
    One should also ask how would the vanilla realm be made, and if it's for those die hard vanilla andies, how it would be financed. Seems a lot of vanillandies are against shop items, rates and other nice QoL updates that emerged after vanilla.
    Opt-in HC feels bit of a waste. You can do play "HC" already. HC doesn't sound an option that would generate much of anything for Warmane. Just a niche playstyle for few to enjoy and try out once in a while.

Also, while I am a fan of RDF, I do not think adding it to vanilla is a good idea, same goes for experience rate above x1.
    You can "certainly" find like-minded individuals and run to instances and make your party without RDF. Exp rate can naturally be tuned down by the players.

6. It sounds great, the vanilla part. but I don't get it.. what is the difference between playing on Lordaeron 1xp rate, and playing on Onyxia?
    Eventually, you will end up where Lordaeron is now...
    AND you are going to have two kinds of people, those who are gonna beg you to go to the next expansion and those who don't want to.

I would say create an OPT-in system for Onyxia, Hardcore-mode, if you die you lose your character.
    That way you spice things up and I think this will help with the population and the Market.

Just my 2cents

7. There isn't much to be said if you don't get why people would want to play on a server progressing through multiple content packs, really.

Regarding "hardcore," you can have the same result by simply imposing the challenge on yourself and seeing it through in case you die. Personally, I'd see more value in someone who sticks with their intent and manually deletes a character who died, than one that gets deleted automatically but the player wouldn't have done it if they had the choice.

8. When does the beta period end, will the characters be eliminated?

9. When does the beta period end, will the characters be eliminated?
    Yes. Full Wipe.

10. Because it's progression server and people playing beta to get instant max level and gear wouldn't fair.

11. Because I've been reading this thread since day 1. Because it's been said multiple times, including by staff/mods. Because they wouldn't let characters who leveled with 50x rates on the PTR and geared up in content that's not going to be available at launch to roll over to the launch, as OhieMitzen stated.

What makes YOU think I'm wrong?

12. I love this idea. I was on dial up all the way until when retail TBC was released and didnt stand a chance at doing anything useful. It will be wonderful experiencing it as it was meant to be.

Thank you for this opportunity.

13. Sorry for maybe asked already question, but i have not found any....anyway... Will Shadowmeld that Night Elves have work in Vanilla and TBC in combat?
    Thanks

First ... 3989129137138139140141 ... Last