1. I hate people...

"Hi, my hobby is gaming, today I got to 2250 in 3's" "Sweet man, good job"

"Hi, my hobby is carpenting, today I finished my wooden chest" "Awesome dude"

"Hi, my hobby is fitness, today I managed to lift 5kg more" "****ing showoff, go swallow your steroids"

I don't know if it's the recent fit shaming wave or just jealousy, but whenever I want to talk about my hobby people just assume I'm boasting and give me the stink eye... What am I doing wrong ?
    i've become a quite cynical fellow over the years myself and as a member of the "wave" i can give you some "inside" info. for the most part, nobody really cares about what you do or achieve if it doesn't affect them in any certain way. as someone who shrugs more than you would do dumbbell shrugs at a gym on a daily basis i can tell you hearing about someones life makes me go "oh ok" "yeah, idk *shrugs*" or something similar out of instinct. as for the people who talk about working out, i just don't really care in general, "good for you", thats why i never speak about myself working out, cause i know for a fact that nobody cares. you could just say everyone is selfish or self-centered in a way.

2. It's not about who cares and who doesn't, it's about the reaction you get when sharing experiences in your specific hobby.

3. It's not about who cares and who doesn't, it's about the reaction you get when sharing experiences in your specific hobby.
    exactly. people sometimes have problems with your hobbies, maybe you're speaking to the wrong people or maybe they do not want to hear about exercise because they need some and they are tired about people speaking of it, its just these personal grudges people hold within, sometimes you'll trigger them. obviously, not everybody will respond negatively to your accomplishments, you go speak to a guy from your gym, he'll ****ing tell you "good on you, dude, keep it up", THAT is a fact, now go up to the prettiest girl you see in the street or wherever and tell her "i reached 2200", see what reaction you get. you just have to share your experiences and accomplishments with the right people, thats it.

4. go up to the prettiest girl you see in the street or wherever and tell her "i reached 2200", see what reaction you get
    *drops pants instantly*

5. go up to the prettiest girl you see in the street or wherever and tell her "i reached 2200", see what reaction you get
    hey gurl im diamond at league

6. not everybody will respond negatively to your accomplishments, you go speak to a guy from your gym, he'll ****ing tell you "good on you, dude, keep it up", THAT is a fact, now go up to the prettiest girl you see in the street or wherever and tell her "i reached 2200", see what reaction you get. you just have to share your experiences and accomplishments with the right people, thats it.
    This actually makes sense... I completely forgot most (but not all) of my friends and acquaintances are gamers and/or nerds... So they are just jelly...

*drops pants instantly*
    ^this

The prettiest girl I know is like Gold 4 (? idk, I don't play league) and has more raid achievements in WoW than me...

7. hey gurl im diamond at league
    Diamond is gay, top 100 challenger or gtfo.

8. Yay, after 6 years I finally got an infraction

Spoiler: Show

Can I join the cool kids club now ?
    m8 plox, get on ma level

9. lol is gay, dota 2 for the win yes?

10. lol is gay, dota 2 for the win yes?
    heroes's alot more fun than those honestly

11. m8 plox, get on ma level
    Pffft, not impressed.

12. heroes's alot more fun than those honestly
    just because of all the shilling from my friend, I'll consider HotS as casual and for noobs

13. Pffft, not impressed.
    "This infraction is worth 21 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire."

just because of all the shilling from my friend, I'll consider HotS as casual and for noobs
    funny how in a year or so ppl learned a new word...

14. "This infraction is worth 21 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire."
    Oke, I take that back.
    I never managed to achieve that.

15. Diamond is gay, top 100 challenger or gtfo.
    LCS winner or GTFO.