1. In the end it comes down to a system that favours one aspect of the game over the other unfairly. There should indeed be some sort of response to this.
    Also, you won't get people botting HKs lol.

iSullivan
    Besides, we don't need people botting hks to collect more points.
    Funniest comment I have seen this week.

3. just because he doesnt like the new point system he should change the private server?interesting.
    just because a player doesnt like new features doesnt mean he doesnt like the pserver at all.
    and he is right the new point collecting system is easier for pve player then for pure pvp player .
    The choice of limiting yourself strictly to a minor slice of the game content is yours, though. We want people to play the whole game, and this system encourages that - you want points, show that you are really playing the game. It's as Sixtyninee said:

In the end it comes down to the fact that people who make an effort will get rewarded.
    If you don't want to make the effort and stick to only doing one thing, go for it, just don't ask for a reward when you're ignoring the majority of the game.

4. Really gotta feel bad for the people who play MoP and Cata where almost all achievements are bugged. It seems more and more that the staff only want players to play on Wrath. I'm glad I like Wrath.

5. The choice of limiting yourself strictly to a minor slice of the game content is yours, though. We want people to play the whole game, and this system encourages that - you want points, show that you are really playing the game. It's as Sixtyninee said:

If you don't want to make the effort and stick to only doing one thing, go for it, just don't ask for a reward when you're ignoring the majority of the game.
    why not factor played time instead of achievements? i mean not everyone that plays alot is hunting for achievements.

edit:
    actually ignore that its gonna take you a ****ing month to redo few variables

6. why not factor played time instead of achievements? i mean not everyone that plays alot is hunting for achievements.
    Because log in -> idle -> increase "activity" without doing anything.
    It's easy enough to get 1000 achievement points, I don't think you even have to go out of your way to hunt them if you only go around doing some available content instead of skipping it.

7. Because log in -> idle -> increase "activity" without doing anything.
    It's easy enough to get 1000 achievement points, I don't think you even have to go out of your way to hunt them if you only go around doing some available content instead of skipping it.
    i think the main reason why people dislike the achievement point solution because its rly hard to get 5k+ achievement points if u only pvp(even if u play pve i think its not that easy to get ).

But the majority of the community plays both or pve only so i think this solution is okay . besides people who got once banned get less points then other people wich is awesome in my opinion :D

8. The choice of limiting yourself strictly to a minor slice of the game content is yours, though. We want people to play the whole game, and this system encourages that - you want points, show that you are really playing the game. It's as Sixtyninee said:

so now we have to play the way you want? right? i cant choose on warmane if i want to play only low lvl twink. i cant choose if i want to play only pvp. we all have to play like warmane team wants else we wont get any points. heil kaer!

9. so now we have to play the way you want? right? i cant choose on warmane if i want to play only low lvl twink. i cant choose if i want to play only pvp. we all have to play like warmane team wants else we wont get any points. heil kaer!
    No, you play the way you want.
    You just get rewarded with points we give the way we want.

10. Is there anyone who can answer my question?
    Here is the question:When Marketplace is gonna be released with the items ^_^ (the 264lvl items) i've got some points and wanna buy an item.

Thanks for responses.

11. I don't see what the big fuss is about these points anyway. Why are they so important ? what keeps you up at night thinking "maan, i can't belive i don't have enough points to do X , and it burns so damn much..."

12. I don't see what the big fuss is about these points anyway. Why are they so important ? what keeps you up at night thinking "maan, i can't belive i don't have enough points to do X , and it burns so damn much..."
    Vp´s are awesome u can buy mounts,companions, gear (at least for wotlk), tabards and many more .Maybe they arent important for u but for alot of people they are important ;D

13. No, you play the way you want.
    You just get rewarded with points we give the way we want.
    Fair enough, you guys can award points as you want, but how about not redefining the English language while you are at it?
    The misnomer of "Activity Rank" needs to be changed to "Achievement Point Rank".

This way no one can say anything about how it is not indicative of Activity, because it will be named Achievement Point Rank and you can fall back on the strong defence of "it is what it is", which is a trickier defence to manage when the thing which is what it is, is named what it is not; as it is now.

This would prevent false expectations and disappointment amongst those who have not yet learnt to avoid inferring information from titles and names.

P.S. I totally agree that how we play and how you reward points are two separate issues.

No amount of points will make me farm achievements ever again. After moltdown I realised that I felt nothing about loosing my achievements except a slight sense of relief that I never wasted my time making premades to finally farm bugged SoTA demos for battlemaster.
    Edited: October 2, 2015

14. just because he doesnt like the new point system he should change the private server?interesting.
    just because a player doesnt like new features doesnt mean he doesnt like the pserver at all.
    and he is right the new point collecting system is easier for pve player then for pure pvp player .
    so play the entire game rather than just playing part of it. or as i said above feel free to find somewhere that better suits you.

15. Really gotta feel bad for the people who play MoP and Cata where almost all achievements are bugged. It seems more and more that the staff only want players to play on Wrath. I'm glad I like Wrath.
    Well, my 6120 achievement points on MoP don't seem to agree with you..

First 1234 ... Last