1. May 14, 2018  
    Updated the silence/shatter report. They should no longer overlap once that is fixed and even if they would the reverberation will be delayed to at least 5 seconds after shatter. The shatter damage will also be looked into
    Awesome news, thanks Nobuemon!

Happy to help you test - if it's possible during oceanic times!

Personally I feel that the shatter damage is only marginally long ranged, rather than out and out wrong, but interested to see what you come up with.

@Spraynard - thanks for the support, maybe we can get them to look at Void Reaver and Prince at the same time ;-)

2. May 14, 2018  
    Personally I feel that the shatter damage is only marginally long ranged, rather than out and out wrong, but interested to see what you come up with.
    The easiest way to check it is to just use the DBM range finder which is programmed to work with Gruul's retail abilities. When nobody is in range of you, but you're still being hit by 2-3 shatters, that's how you can tell the range is too long.

If I had to guess, it might be how the spell interacts with a player's hitbox. It's possible that it should calculate range from the center of a player's hitbox, but instead it measures from the edge of it. This was the case on another private server that I've been on. But like I said, it's just a guess.

And you're welcome. But I'm pretty sure I don't have a VR report lol.

3. May 14, 2018  
    The easiest way to check it is to just use the DBM range finder which is programmed to work with Gruul's retail abilities. When nobody is in range of you, but you're still being hit by 2-3 shatters, that's how you can tell the range is too long.

If I had to guess, it might be how the spell interacts with a player's hitbox. It's possible that it should calculate range from the center of a player's hitbox, but instead it measures from the edge of it. This was the case on another private server that I've been on. But like I said, it's just a guess.

And you're welcome. But I'm pretty sure I don't have a VR report lol.
    I don't use DBM (or a threat meter, or a damage meter...) but from memory, DBM relied on the range of a bandage (15 yards) as during TBC there was no API call for player distance.

I think we can agree that the damage should reduce to 0 at a certain range, however I haven't been able to determine what this point is. Reading Ownedcore, Wowwiki and Tentonhammer, it seems the consensus is around 8.5-9k damage at 0 range, and down to 100 or below (ie negligible) at beyond 15 yards. I don't know how the damage scales within this, but am guessing some sort of exponential scale, so flatter between 15 and 7 yards than between 7 and 0.

On the other bugs, I saw your Prince one and assumed you were the only person crazy enough to call for borderline exploits to be fixed!

https://www.warmane.com/bugtracker/report/62541 dead zone = dead robot

4. May 15, 2018  
    I think we can agree that the damage should reduce to 0 at a certain range, however I haven't been able to determine what this point is. Reading Ownedcore, Wowwiki and Tentonhammer, it seems the consensus is around 8.5-9k damage at 0 range, and down to 100 or below (ie negligible) at beyond 15 yards.
    Yes. I don't know what the correct numbers are but that's how the mechanic should work.

5. May 16, 2018  
    And it's listed as fixed: https://www.warmane.com/bugtracker/report/63887

Maybe someone can report back here when they go back in?

Thanks again to the QA team, will be good to see him being killed more often again.

6. May 17, 2018  
    And it's listed as fixed: https://www.warmane.com/bugtracker/report/63887

Maybe someone can report back here when they go back in?

Thanks again to the QA team, will be good to see him being killed more often again.
    Confirmed that it has been fixed - faster Hurtful Strikes balances it out nicely.

And yes we got a DST 3rd week running :-D

First 123