1. You have a code that was worked on for 6-7 years now by a HUGE number of different developers, someone new hops in, he needs months if not years to find exact line where someone hooked something to a wrong event/function or such. If it was developed by same team for 7 years that would be a different topic but the problem is that the code itself is huge thats why 1 thing can easily break another one.

Plus one more thing, its not the same to test some piece of code with 100 people and then have 2500, 3000 people activly using it.
    I just.....I can't....

2. You have a code that was worked on for 6-7 years now by a HUGE number of different developers, someone new hops in, he needs months if not years to find exact line where someone hooked something to a wrong event/function or such. If it was developed by same team for 7 years that would be a different topic but the problem is that the code itself is huge thats why 1 thing can easily break another one.

Plus one more thing, its not the same to test some piece of code with 100 people and then have 2500, 3000 people activly using it.
    Just to clarify - MoP itself isn't 6-7 years old, MoP on Retail was released on 2012. The core for today's Frostwolf was revamped approx a year ago from 5.4.2 to 5.4.8 by the same team that's working on it right now so there's nothing that a "new guy" could have done. Even if the code is huge, it doesn't change the fact that the guys who announce the ETA's or "Will soon be released" just, ultimately, shouldn't do it.

I don't blame the Developers if they just can't fix the bugs in their work schedule and choose to work on something else but in that case, just communicate with the CM's, QA's, Web admins, etc., to not post those unrealistic ETA's, to-be updates and so on. Because that's the sole reason why the community is so salty - because of these ETA's and "SoonTM's"

And as for your 100 people test and 3k people use, that's just utter bull-. For most of these bugs, there are Bugtracker Reports that explain what the bugs are, how to reproduce them and so on. If you're talking about the low level content, then, yeah, you'll need more people to test it all but that's why there's a dedicated QA team.

All in all, I don't want to stir anything up and I don't really care about this entire topic (as it won't change anything) but just don't post something as stupid as this.

3. shutdown for old content PogChamp

Kappa

First 123