1. May 7, 2023  
    if only. 80% ppl in this thread have genuinely no idea how is is even possible to go with 1x rate

2. May 7, 2023  
    if only. 80% ppl in this thread have genuinely no idea how is is even possible to go with 1x rate
    Well, I have recently finished my blizzard classic vanilla-tbc-wotlk adventure. Would easy repeat that once more.

3. May 7, 2023  
    honestly i agree, those "fun" servers run their course in about a week or so of playtime, then its back to the next trend.
    Right, that must be why Icecrown still has 12k players on it and a queue for half the day, every day.

Do the "blizzlike" fans on here realize that you can actually get that experience by playing the actual retail servers? My point of saying this isn't to encourage people to play retail, rather to get people to understand that there is not much point for them to make it EXACTLY as it was, as that experience is still available elsewhere.

There has to be appeal. Things that set this server apart from classic and other similar servers. I won't pretend to read their minds but from a business perspective, making an exact copy of a game that still exists in (basically) it's original form is not a prudent business decision. The absence of a subscription fee is likely not enough appeal on it's own, but I don't run a private server so I couldn't say for certain.

With their history and longevity of servers, I have faith they'll make a great server. I just wouldn't get my hopes up for having an exact copy of vanilla, as that wouldn't make a lot of sense from a business perspective.

4. May 8, 2023  
    can literally go play retail at x1 rate if thats what you fancy

5. May 8, 2023  
    Right, that must be why Icecrown still has 12k players on it and a queue for half the day, every day.

Do the "blizzlike" fans on here realize that you can actually get that experience by playing the actual retail servers? My point of saying this isn't to encourage people to play retail, rather to get people to understand that there is not much point for them to make it EXACTLY as it was, as that experience is still available elsewhere.

There has to be appeal. Things that set this server apart from classic and other similar servers. I won't pretend to read their minds but from a business perspective, making an exact copy of a game that still exists in (basically) it's original form is not a prudent business decision. The absence of a subscription fee is likely not enough appeal on it's own, but I don't run a private server so I couldn't say for certain.

With their history and longevity of servers, I have faith they'll make a great server. I just wouldn't get my hopes up for having an exact copy of vanilla, as that wouldn't make a lot of sense from a business perspective.
    yeah but it runs its course in a different way, from my experience in icecrown with multiple level 80's its just mostly people playing on alt accounts with heirlooms, stuck in their own heads, rushing through the game like its singleplayer, without any interaction, conversation, bants, slight trolling and all that good stuff along with the best part of the game being minimized, aka leveling.

vs realms like lordaeron and the vanilla server which shalt not be named, both of which seem to be way more enjoyable for people, and personally myself.

and about going on retail, some people don't want to pay monthly for a sub par experience with bots and turbo minmaxxers who seem to play it for a living, along with streamers and dickriding ruining whole realms. and making absurd exp rates which switch the whole flow of the game, making it feel unfun to play.

and plus i feel that incentive enough is a progressive vanilla to wotlk realm on the 3.3.5 client in which pvp/pve feels way better, especially if its a slow progressing realm, allowing everyone to get the best possible experience.

6. May 8, 2023  
    i hoppe this week we have news, and that at the end of wotlk, release a cataclysm progressive x3

7. May 8, 2023  
    can literally go play retail at x1 rate if thats what you fancy
    Of course I can. And I will. If only blizzard re-relase the triple x-pac story.

8. May 8, 2023  

I see your points but you only represent people who care about endgame ONLY. Probably more than 99% of wow private servers have higher than normal XP rates so why add yet another one?

Many peope (I included) also enjoy doing things in the open world, such as joing other leveling players in parties or even raids and PVP-ing in SV. Moreover, not everyone has to be an expert in all classes, some people might actually be new to the game. It's not nice to send them away to play on retail...

9. May 8, 2023  
    I just hope it will stay with each patch for a little longer then the concept Frostmourne and Lordaeron had when they released, Dosen't have to be as long as 2-3 years from Vanilla to TBC but atleast longer then few weeks. I don't have much time to play like I used to so the time I get I had to rush against time to gear as much as I could to get into the next progression raid cause it was a little to short ammount of time imo but to each it's own.

10. May 8, 2023  
    Warmane staff needs to buy everyone a new F5 key man i swear

11. May 8, 2023  
    Hurry up and inform your community. Thx - everyone

12. May 9, 2023  
    Well, i also hope for 1x, so that once the realm is done with all progress, people can transfer to Lordaeron to boost its population a bit :)

Also curious to see if we gonna have Paladins tanking in classic, dual spec, and maybe even arenas ^^

Has a lot of potential in any case.

13. May 9, 2023  
    how about the opposite. Locked xp rates for the first toon, must hit max level THEN alts can receive the modded xp gain. Then as they roll into each xpac again, relock xp, so after vanilla ends, the first 6 weeks of tbc are 1x EXP, then its free reign until wrath comes, then its back to locked 1x EXP for 6 weeks or so and so forth.
    any sort of modded exp gain will absolutely wreck the feeling vanilla wow gave us, and quite frankly it seems like most people here agree, i read through about 15 page of this post, far more people are screaming for vanilla 1x exp than there are people who want their hand held with modded XP
    so if they do decide to give us modded , chances are very high this server will flop and die on release liek a fish on the beach. or just not have enough players for them to keep it sustained,

14. May 9, 2023  
    how's you guys can get fun from leveling? aren't this is most boring thing in this game? only rdf in wotlk add some fun to this process, but you talking about fun in vanilla leveling! who want to spend one week of game time for nothing in 2023? the faster we can get 60, the faster we can doin most fun thing in this game (what never bean repeat in all next expansions) BATTLEGROUNDS! where people play for win, communicate and do objectives, and not just farm hks, omg hows sad is bg's state on warmane, with all this bis overgeared players... and more sad arena state with sm players with 100/100 win/loose ratio at 1600 rating ??

15. May 9, 2023  
    how about the opposite. Locked xp rates for the first toon, must hit max level THEN alts can receive the modded xp gain. Then as they roll into each xpac again, relock xp, so after vanilla ends, the first 6 weeks of tbc are 1x EXP, then its free reign until wrath comes, then its back to locked 1x EXP for 6 weeks or so and so forth.
    This is actually the exact idea I've had since reading this forum lately.

* People who want x1 will be satisfied since the leveling on start and during the exciting first weeks/month? will have all positives of slow leveling and community building. Who doesn't want this can wait after this period ends or don't have to spend much time with playing at all.
    * After the x1 period ends ( I hope it will last at least a month ) many people will have their main characters leveled up and relatively nicely geared. So next step is leveling alts for proffessions etc., which can be done with higher rate.
    * I believe there are actually a very few players that like to finish x1 leveling and jump into another x1 so fast. Having the option to modify the rates during gameplay to your own wish would also be great.

The only question is, how long the x1time will last and how high will the next rates be.

First ... 25333435363745 ... Last