1. Riding will still cost same amount, same as skills, dual talent, etc.

System where, for example, 5k or less does not get halved would be great. Or if you have, for example, 8k, you still have 5k after squish. To be forthcoming towards new players. And at same time removing <20lvl chars on non-premium accounts to partially flank people who try to evade system.

I have my hundreds of thousands, so I really don't care much. I know that after squish I will still swim in my useless gold.

2. jokes on you because many a wealthy player will have the means to dodge if you put in any loopholes like that, which will get you back to whence you began - hitting the weakest link the most.
    no, the only way to not hit the weak the most, why, is to not have a gold squish at all

3. jokes on you because many a wealthy player will have the means to dodge if you put in any loopholes like that, which will get you back to whence you began - hitting the weakest link the most.
    no, the only way to not hit the weak the most, why, is to not have a gold squish at all
    There are no loopholes, the real loophole would be to buy a vendor item that is sellable for the same price you bought it. That simply doesn't exist. The idea of buying Portable Holes and later on putting on AH will still require time to retrieve your gold, and possibly you will need to lower those prices, cuz there are lots and lots of players who will use that tactic. Same with all other maths/resellable items. Weakest now, will be weakest after, again for 100th time i need to repeat that it will not change the BUY POWER which is not the goal, the goal is to remove ridiculous prices and it will be accomplished with "rich" people buying maths and competing between each other with the prices, meaning under-cutting each other. That is in my point of view a success.

IT IS REALLY, REALLY, REALLY EASY TO PILE UP THE GOLDS. The problem is not everyone wants to take a profession and do a little farming. It is much easier to come to forums to complain, that is the real problem. The only thing you need to start hoarding first is bags to fill them up with herbs/ores/green/white/gray items that are sellable for gold. Farm mobs that drop items that are sold for gold / farm old dungeons instances / gathering profs / crafting profs / dailies / normal lvl 80/85/90 quests that will give you lots of golds. That is how i did it, that is how anyone else can do it. Not everyone is willing tho.

4. Riding will still cost same amount, same as skills, dual talent, etc.

System where, for example, 5k or less does not get halved would be great. Or if you have, for example, 8k, you still have 5k after squish. To be forthcoming towards new players. And at same time removing <20lvl chars on non-premium accounts to partially flank people who try to evade system.

I have my hundreds of thousands, so I really don't care much. I know that after squish I will still swim in my useless gold.
    Don't people have enough time to buy those skills and stuff, though? Players that come after it won't have their gold halved; current players can use their gold with those skills already (or farm a bit harder to get enough if they're missing some, or even asking someone to give them what's left).

5. you mentioned only one reason and that is new players, you fought the argument of gold squish with "yes but what about new players?"... yeah and there is 100 people supporting your claim that it's a fiasco, last time i checked Warmane is more than 100 people, so cry more maybe they will give you tissues as a gift for new year :P
    must i mention every reason on every post? this is a game forum, not some national policy debate.

ppl who are against the new changes already made their points, aint my problem that you choose to ignore all the older topics

take a chill pill, and a cold drink. shilling for the pro-gold nerf side wont win you a tissue

6. must i mention every reason on every post? this is a game forum, not some national policy debate.

ppl who are against the new changes already made their points, aint my problem that you choose to ignore all the older topics

take a chill pill, and a cold drink. shilling for the pro-gold nerf side wont win you a tissue
    I Agree,
    The final decision has already been made by Warmane, whether we like it or not. At least we had plenty of time to prepare for a huge change.
    Edited: December 27, 2016

7. Well I already spent of all the gold on all of my toons weeks ago. Bought everything I could at a decent price off the AH. Been offline for a few weeks now, waiting for the gold squish. :P

8. You are already wrong here. No gold is "created." We don't "sell gold for coins," .
    This however was NOT always the case. You used to be able to buy gold for coins. I know, I used to purchase it so that I didnt need to "farm" gold through quests and could focus on the aspects of the game that make it work for me. Tons of gold was created which lead to prices on everyday items skyrocketing. However a gold squish isnt going to fix the problem. You can say that you reduced the amount of gold available but more gets generated via quests, selling junk items, ect. Eventually the economy will reach the same point its at now where prices are insane and people are still willing to pay.

Then i guess there will be another "Squish" and the same invalid logic thats pushing this one will again come out and again be heralded as a fix for the larger issue which has been hit above. Speculation and items rarity will still drive prices into insane levels only with the lowering of rates it will just mean that the farmed mats or gems or gear will remain out of reach to those who could actually use it and easily sellable to those who frequently check for market mistakes to snap up at low prices and resell at high prices.

But hey what the hell do I know... i only work as a loan officer.

9. Gold Squish on Icecrown.

What I'm not really understanding here, when this was first posed as an idea the overall prices of things was literally half of what it currently is or even less. Primo's on Icecrown were selling for 3k they are currently upwards of 8k as of a week ago in anticipation of the squish. Leading me to believe this won't actually fix anything. The economy will continue to be jacked up at a rate of over 200% of what it should be even after the squish, why announce this months in advance, you basically countered your own idea to fix the economy and gave the community the time they needed to further jack the prices of things to match the gold squish. Seems pretty counter productive to the intent of the squish if primo's after squish are over 2k this idea has failed miserably.

10. There are no loopholes, the real loophole would be to buy a vendor item that is sellable for the same price you bought it. That simply doesn't exist. The idea of buying Portable Holes and later on putting on AH will still require time to retrieve your gold, and possibly you will need to lower those prices, cuz there are lots and lots of players who will use that tactic. Same with all other maths/resellable items. Weakest now, will be weakest after, again for 100th time i need to repeat that it will not change the BUY POWER which is not the goal, the goal is to remove ridiculous prices and it will be accomplished with "rich" people buying maths and competing between each other with the prices, meaning under-cutting each other. That is in my point of view a success.

IT IS REALLY, REALLY, REALLY EASY TO PILE UP THE GOLDS. The problem is not everyone wants to take a profession and do a little farming. It is much easier to come to forums to complain, that is the real problem. The only thing you need to start hoarding first is bags to fill them up with herbs/ores/green/white/gray items that are sellable for gold. Farm mobs that drop items that are sold for gold / farm old dungeons instances / gathering profs / crafting profs / dailies / normal lvl 80/85/90 quests that will give you lots of golds. That is how i did it, that is how anyone else can do it. Not everyone is willing tho.
    I was responding to the poster above and their idea of giving each and every toon 5,000 gold of freebies.

11. Personally I think this idea is a bit foolish. The reason being is because I know many players that have multiple guild banks with tons of gold in them so even cutting that gold by half isn't going to effect those players. Sadly this 50% gold cut is only going to really hurt the little guy or new leveling players. I feel the only way to be fair to all is to not cut it by half but instead make everyone start again with no gold. Anyways that's my humble opinion. Warmane will do what it wants to do.... I just hope it works out the way you plan it.

12. Personally I think this idea is a bit foolish. The reason being is because I know many players that have multiple guild banks with tons of gold in them so even cutting that gold by half isn't going to effect those players. Sadly this 50% gold cut is only going to really hurt the little guy or new leveling players. I feel the only way to be fair to all is to not cut it by half but instead make everyone start again with no gold. Anyways that's my humble opinion. Warmane will do what it wants to do.... I just hope it works out the way you plan it.
    +11111111111

13. It won't have much effect. Anyone with a little bit of understanding how inflation works would know that these measures are only temporarely.

14. People will now carry more primos Titansteel or frozen orbs anything that sell good.. instead OF GOLD.. because whats the point of gold in bags nowdays if they do gold squish point and point again..
    Rich be Richer now.. only...
    I mean take a look here >>> People spend all their gold into expensive Matrials that sells well.. >>> they sell them after 2-3 weeks >>> income the same as it was before witout 50 % loss.. >>> first week prices will be maybe 50 % less because >>> everyone will try 2 sell their **** <<<< primos will go 2k easy.. if not cheaper most SMART people will buy them out fast and after 2-3 weeks sell them for 4 k easy.. AGAIN rich become richer..
    **** broken jet again.. Server wipe would be better lol ( JOKE ) But people will CRY about that the same way as 50 % gold squish.. no big deal.. lol Because smart people can OVER come anything like 50 % gold Squish.. Pointles that 50 % Squish will be at the end..

I even spent 5 min in ah reselling Primos etc that went cheap like 4.5-5k people buy them now even for 8 k... because they dont want to lose gold.. But they still do LOL thats the funny thing...

Thanks for gold Warmane 50% squish make people act stupid like posthing thing 2x the price and people buy them via im making gold here now like crazy..
    atm 2day i made abouth 30 k in doing nothing but reselling ****.. even after 50 % shish i still will have 15 k.. then i will buy cheap thing out of ah and make aouth 40 k i think in 3 week time doing nothing by simply matrials sitting in my bank slots..

FunnyMane i love you guys <3 I love to watch how they **** thing Up.. HeHe <3 etc Thanks for making ( Rich people Richer ) Pointles that 50 % Squish <3
    Edited: December 30, 2016

15. That's basically my point, this won't change anything so what's the point of doing it? if they wanted to see effects they shouldn't have warned people about it 6 months in advance so they can stockpile resources when they get low. Realistically it's just an inconvinence for everyone except those people stockpiling. If anything in the long run this will make it even worse. They are going to cut the gold in half and prices are still going to be exactly where they were or even higher than when they initially proposed this.

First ... 23456 Last