1. Wotlk PvP is fast with big swings possible at any moment because players deal competent damage constantly
    The damage is so competent that 4 crits at the same time (common in 3v3) can result in a kill, regardless of what the opponent healer is doing. I know I can bring someone to 40% hp with just Chimera into Aimed shot critting. All it takes is my partner to land a nice judgement crit and we can both execute at the same time. Not even going to get into the ugly mess that is destro/ele.

Quite frankly, I doubt you have played MoP. You have avoided answering me twice on the matter, and I see no point in further discussing the merits of PvP in Frostwolf. I encourage you to try it, but if not, it's really not that big a loss. You're welcome to think arenas suck on MoP having never tried it, but as someone who has done quite a few arenas on both, I can tell you I find MoP arenas a lot better.

Thank you Notorious for the lengthy summary of MoP (subjective ofc), you have sold me on giving it a try. I have played on Retail from late Vanilla to late Cata (LFR and the monotony of Dragon Soul was the deal breaker for me) and eventually got burnt out and quit, only to play on Private Servers (tried them all on every expansion from Vanilla - Cata) such as Molten with friends occasionally for nostalgia sake. There have been several things that WoW improved on from Vanilla and several things that went down the drain as well over the years. Reduced gearing disparities, Catch-Up mechanisms, Transmog, Reforging, Complexity in Gameplay etc. are the things that I felt were great introductions to the game. On the other hand I miss the the sense of community through guilds, difficulty of 5-man Heroics and unique dungeon designs, unique class designs (less homogenization), world PvP and leveling. Things like Talent trees, Class Balance etc. never bothered me much because I know one way or the other they will get it as close to right as possible by the last patch of the expansion (and that is the best thing about Private Servers). Overall the only things that bothered me the most and that I feel were bad additions to the game were :
    1. Flying
    2. Reduced Heroic 5-man difficulty (AoE fest and less use of CC)
    3. LFD
    4. LFR
    5. Allowing PvE gears in PvP
    6. Homogenization of classes (now this is a tough one as it is hard to increase Class Complexity without increasing Homogenization, so this is alright I guess)

Seeing as you have also mentioned these 'problems' as well puts us on the same wavelength and makes me trust your judgement. Now most of my friends have moved on from WoW, so I would like to finally give MoP a try (I have no problem with bugs on Private servers, as I'm used to them) as I've only heard great things about it for some time now. I love the Asian theme of Pandaria as I feel it is a nice break from the typical Human vs Orc theme of Warcraft (I understand that is never going away). So thanks for giving me the last push to jump into the Mists!
    I've tried to be as neutral as possible. I don't think MoP is going to be for everyone, and I laid out the parts I think people like and people don't like. I agree with your first 3 points, but I do like LFR as I'm not a hardcore raider and I find the catch up idea of it really nice. On MoP LFR is basically just an introduction to the raid, giving extremely sub-par gear compared to normal/heroic. Regarding 5, I think that's really MoP's main selling point to PvP players. As for number 6, I don't know if I agree with homogenization that much. I say try it out and see if you think classes are all the same, for me I find them all quite different!

Glad I could convince you to give it a try, please join our discord channel (linked in the OP) and ask us any questions you get there!

Ok,

I mostly care for pvp,so you tell me in mop i dont have to raid/donate for bis pve items like on wotlk(glorenzelg,sm)
    I can play only pvp and get best gear possible FOR PVP,and if someone is going half pve and half pvp means he has better stats?
    Sorry i never played other expansions except wotlk,which i love wotlk and consider it the best expansion ever and thats what means wow for me--->wotlk
    But after playing so much wotlk i wanna try something different,
    Anyone who plays mop and has knowledge about its pvp towards wotlk,please post your opinions and avantages&desavantages(rip english)

P.S i like pandas lol and monk class,for me they bring something <innovative> something new :D
    PvE gear is useless in PvP in MoP. PvE gear gives less stats, and tier set bonuses do not work.

The gameplay, as we have discussed heavily, is very different. I think MoP is more like chess, where you plan out your moves far ahead, whereas WotLK is like a sport, where you just have to react to your health pools/positioning. If you like slower gameplay, you'll like MoP. If you want faster games/deaths, you will prefer WotLK.

Monks are very strong if you want to try that.

2. On MoP LFR is basically just an introduction to the raid, giving extremely sub-par gear compared to normal/heroic.
    In the case of a private server, the part where you call it an introduction can be true I suppose. Since LFR isn't handled or treated the same way as it ison retail. However, it should not be seen as a learning tool on retail. It is the absolute WORST place to try and learn.
    As per the "sub-par gear" component of what you've said, it is a place where you can earn initial tier bonuses and certain trinkets - all of which can be VERY powerful. Siege of Orgrimmar LFR gear will trump anything the expansion has to offer aside from heroic+ Throne of Thunder, flex+ Siege of Orgrimmar and very specific items (particularly trinkets).

PvE gear is useless in PvP in MoP. PvE gear gives less stats, and tier set bonuses do not work.
    Most importantly, PvP Power, Resilience and the trinket set bonuses (assuming they work as intended) are extremely important to most classes and specs, if not all of them. And by extremely important, I mean you're not going to be very competitive without them.

3. In the case of a private server, the part where you call it an introduction can be true I suppose. Since LFR isn't handled or treated the same way as it ison retail. However, it should not be seen as a learning tool on retail. It is the absolute WORST place to try and learn.
    As per the "sub-par gear" component of what you've said, it is a place where you can earn initial tier bonuses and certain trinkets - all of which can be VERY powerful. Siege of Orgrimmar LFR gear will trump anything the expansion has to offer aside from heroic+ Throne of Thunder, flex+ Siege of Orgrimmar and very specific items (particularly trinkets).
    I think of LFR like I think of PoS/FoS/HoR on WotLK, but with the same bosses that you will be raiding later. I don't PvE much, but I aim to get gear through flex raids when its open.

Most importantly, PvP Power, Resilience and the trinket set bonuses (assuming they work as intended) are extremely important to most classes and specs, if not all of them. And by extremely important, I mean you're not going to be very competitive without them.
    Furthermore, tier set bonuses do not proc in Arenas/BGs, and there is some evidence that all SoO trinkets had a further downscale applied to them that made them literally useless (allegedly all trinket values were cut in a third in Arenas/Rated BGs). I haven't been able to sufficiently prove this yet, so it doesn't occur yet on FW, but PvE trinkets are already useless in arenas anyways because of the 10% damage reduction players give up when they don't use the PvP trinkets (and the downscale to 540 ilvl also makes them further worse).

4. As Mannoroth once said, "a worthy effort, but futile".

"Why you should consider MoP?"

1. "MoP PvE is generally considered to have been amazing" - yes, except that I don't give a flying **** about any of the raids. Mogus, shas, siege of what the **** Orgrimmar??? No, thanks, I don't care how mechanical the raids were. It was for the same reason why I didn't play WoD.

2. MoP PvP is excellent - PvP is the last reason ever that would draw me to any kind of game. My days as a PvPer ended long before 80% of the current WoW player base even started playing the game.

3. Arenas - I don't care.

4. Rated BGs - refer to the above.

5. Pandaria - I see you're trying to make me quit MoP, not come to it.

6. Talents - yes, definitely more like trying to make me quit MoP. No, MoP talents were not a step in the right direction.

"What sucks about MoP" - basically, all of the things you listed as "upsides" plus the ones you listed here.

"Great things about Frostwolf - a lot of stuff works." Too little, too late.

Nothing you do can revive Frostwolf. The realm died due to slow progress and due to MoP. There's a very serious reason why Blizzard lost a massive portion of its player base during Pandaria, but I can summarize that very shortly - because MoP ****ing sucks. MoP was an abomination of WoW (and WoD only made things worse). I'm not talking about the mechanics or the PvP - I don't give a flying **** about these. I'm talking about the game feel. I just feel bad playing MoP. Now add Warmane's second-priority attitude towards Frostwolf and you have your answer.

5. Too little, too late.
    Well, isn't that just a wonderful outlook on life.

6. As Mannoroth once said, "a worthy effort, but futile".

"Why you should consider MoP?"

1. "MoP PvE is generally considered to have been amazing" - yes, except that I don't give a flying **** about any of the raids. Mogus, shas, siege of what the **** Orgrimmar??? No, thanks, I don't care how mechanical the raids were. It was for the same reason why I didn't play WoD.

2. MoP PvP is excellent - PvP is the last reason ever that would draw me to any kind of game. My days as a PvPer ended long before 80% of the current WoW player base even started playing the game.

3. Arenas - I don't care.

4. Rated BGs - refer to the above.

5. Pandaria - I see you're trying to make me quit MoP, not come to it.

6. Talents - yes, definitely more like trying to make me quit MoP. No, MoP talents were not a step in the right direction.

"What sucks about MoP" - basically, all of the things you listed as "upsides" plus the ones you listed here.

"Great things about Frostwolf - a lot of stuff works." Too little, too late.

Nothing you do can revive Frostwolf. The realm died due to slow progress and due to MoP. There's a very serious reason why Blizzard lost a massive portion of its player base during Pandaria, but I can summarize that very shortly - because MoP ****ing sucks. MoP was an abomination of WoW (and WoD only made things worse). I'm not talking about the mechanics or the PvP - I don't give a flying **** about these. I'm talking about the game feel. I just feel bad playing MoP. Now add Warmane's second-priority attitude towards Frostwolf and you have your answer.
    There is no big ulterior motive for Notorious or rest of the players of Frostwolf like me, to get people interested in FW. We enjoy FW. It'd be more enjoyable with even more players. Even if WotLK is a better expansion, and I'm not saying it is, there're surely people who have played it for quite a long time and might be interested to try something else. If you try FW for a while and you don't like it, you can go back to WotLK or whichever expansion you prefer. Seeing as you, Taralej, has already formed a strong dislike for MoP & FW, your decision is unlikely to change. And as long as your dislike for them isn't spread to people who have yet to experience MoP, there's absolutely nothing wrong with it.

See, all it comes down to is this : If you want to have fun in your leisure time, you MAY have to take a risk of trying out something new. Everybody took it when they first tried WoW, whether retail or here. Everybody takes it whenever they do anything for fun. Seeing that all this risk consists of is, at worst, a few hours of your leisure time, until you find out if FW is fun, I'd say it's pretty small and worth it.
    Edited: September 18, 2017

7. OK, jokes about Frost dk aside.I really like the fact that they made more specs viable in pvp.
    In cata combat rogue, assa rogue, destro lock, fury warrior sucked.
    Well Arcane sucks even more than in cata. (or maybe I just suck at it).

8. Nothing you do can revive Frostwolf. The realm died due to slow progress and due to MoP.
    Frostwolf died? That's news to me. And I thought that I and a lot of my friends have been having a great time playing there.

I'm not playing on Frostwolf for my health- if I knew of any video game, anywhere, that I enjoyed more, then I'd be playing on it. I don't. I really think it's a fun server. The lowish (still 4 times bigger than Neltharion) population has its advantages since you're a lot more likely to know the people you're fighting against, which makes for fun rivalries.

9. There's a very serious reason why Blizzard lost a massive portion of its player base during Pandaria, but I can summarize that very shortly - because MoP ****ing sucks. MoP was an abomination of WoW (and WoD only made things worse). I'm not talking about the mechanics or the PvP - I don't give a flying **** about these. I'm talking about the game feel. I just feel bad playing MoP.
    The rest of your post is pretty much garbage so doesn't need to be quoted. Apparently you don't raid nor PvP, so I'm not even sure why you play the game. I quoted this part because we've discussed the population drop for MoP quite a bit in the past. It can be summed up in that WoW had little to no competition in the MMO scene back when WotLK ended/Cata released. As Cata progressed, LoL came out, quite a few MMORPGS came out, and the gaming scene had evolved quite considerably. By the time MoP came out DotA2 was gearing for its release, coming exactly half way through MoP.

Essentially using subscriber count, in my opinion, isn't a good judge of whether an expansion was good or not. Many players who didn't have options when WotLK was out had many new options by the time MoP came out. Numerous pro players like Hafu and Kripparian moved on to Hearthstone and other players also moved to other games. I don't think the game changing had much to do with it, it was just boredom from WoW in general. If Blizzard stayed at WotLK forever, it would have easily had a MUCH larger drop in population, I'm pretty sure we can all agree on that.

Everything else you posted is the stuff I expect from some edgy teenager seeking attention so its not worth talking about it much. I wish you well, and if you change your mind, we will be on the discord server to help you in any way we can.

10. Well, isn't that just a wonderful outlook on life.
    I'm not an optimist.

@Kite009 - I have tried MoP many times. I was one of the first people to play MoP on Warmane when it initially came out, as I wanted to once again fish out every rogue bug, just like I did on Cata. People have tried to get me hooked on it many times. I've got several maxed characters, tried both PvP and PvE.

@-Notorious- - you wonder why people hate MoP, I give you the reasons as they are and as everyone says it, and you dismiss them, giving your made-up reasons that have nothing to do with the issue. Changing WoW for Hearthstone (I've been playing it since beta), wow, are you serious? You think someone would "change" from an MMORPG to a board game because the board game is better and not because the MMORPG sucks ***? League of Legends came out in 2009 (I've been playing it since 2013). Guild Wars 2, TES:O are completely different to WoW and have their own fan base (I have played both). I'm not an edgy teenager, I'm a 27-year-old guy who dismisses your opinions as delusional. Because that's what they are.
    Edited: September 19, 2017

11. The rest of your post is pretty much garbage so doesn't need to be quoted. Apparently you don't raid nor PvP, so I'm not even sure why you play the game. I quoted this part because we've discussed the population drop for MoP quite a bit in the past. It can be summed up in that WoW had little to no competition in the MMO scene back when WotLK ended/Cata released. As Cata progressed, LoL came out, quite a few MMORPGS came out, and the gaming scene had evolved quite considerably. By the time MoP came out DotA2 was gearing for its release, coming exactly half way through MoP.

Essentially using subscriber count, in my opinion, isn't a good judge of whether an expansion was good or not. Many players who didn't have options when WotLK was out had many new options by the time MoP came out. Numerous pro players like Hafu and Kripparian moved on to Hearthstone and other players also moved to other games. I don't think the game changing had much to do with it, it was just boredom from WoW in general. If Blizzard stayed at WotLK forever, it would have easily had a MUCH larger drop in population, I'm pretty sure we can all agree on that.

Everything else you posted is the stuff I expect from some edgy teenager seeking attention so its not worth talking about it much. I wish you well, and if you change your mind, we will be on the discord server to help you in any way we can.
    they moved on because mop was garbage

12. I just re-read that thing of a post again. I had to google Hafu and it didn't help much, honestly. Krip became famous BECAUSE of Hearthstone.

13. Krip became famous BECAUSE of Hearthstone.
    Not entirely true. I had heard of him before on WoW, and he was semi-popular then, but what made him huge was Diablo 3. Of course he continued to grow with Hearthstone and that content of his has been really popular, but meh.

14. @Kite009 - I have tried MoP many times. I was one of the first people to play MoP on Warmane when it initially came out, as I wanted to once again fish out every rogue bug, just like I did on Cata. People have tried to get me hooked on it many times. I've got several maxed characters, tried both PvP and PvE.
    Like I said, your opinion of MoP & FW is already formed and is unlikely to change. But that's you. To know if someone likes it, they have to try it themselves. You tried it, you found your answer. I did and I found mine.

The population of FW varies from 700 to 1400. Assuming that there's 1500 different people logging in every day (there's obviously much more than that), aren't those 1500 saying they like it ? The realm, in it's current state, with all the effort the Devs have put into it, deserves more people than that. If you check the sub-forum, you will see people asking staff about fixing this and that, just like any other realm. But the reason we're trying to let people know of MoP now, is because we truly believe FW is ready to be open to new players. Getting the Conquest Catch-Up mechanic was a big aid to that.
    Edited: September 19, 2017

15. OK, jokes about Frost dk aside.I really like the fact that they made more specs viable in pvp.
    In cata combat rogue, assa rogue, destro lock, fury warrior sucked.
    Well Arcane sucks even more than in cata. (or maybe I just suck at it).
    Its not really the case that more specs are viable in MoP.
    On wotlk all specs except holy priest and fury warr are viable in pvp.
    In MoP all specs except prot warr and prot paly are viable.
    I think of LFR like I think of PoS/FoS/HoR on WotLK, but with the same bosses that you will be raiding later. I don't PvE much, but I aim to get gear through flex raids when its open.
    The only difference is that PoS/FoS/HoR pop up while LFR is dead.

First ... 34567 ... Last